PDA

View Full Version : Higher or lower odd's on CC

TMQ
05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Damn.....3 more weeks of Chromeo love. My question is will he be better odd's in the Belmont. I am thinking 4/5 ?

porchy44
05-17-2014, 06:50 PM
2/5 Belmont odds on chrome

Overlay
05-17-2014, 07:33 PM
If I were at the track or other betting outlet, I'd want to have a ticket (uncashed) on him just as a souvenir in case he wins. Might keep his odds down. :)

SecretAgentMan
05-17-2014, 07:41 PM
With a possible 14 horse full field gunning for Chrome, I'm thinking he will be 2-5......& only because its so hard to win the triple crown.

Good thing he will have 3 weeks to get his energy back & get back to his routine.

My friend wanted to make a 1k bet on Chrome but was scared, so I told him to bet him for place, he might pay more.......he ended up paying the same as his win, lol!

I believe he might pay more to place in Belmont than his win.

cosmicway
05-17-2014, 07:46 PM
What leg has the majority of triple crown fallers (include Kentucky) ?

Dark Horse
05-17-2014, 08:05 PM
I can't wait for the show pool...

cosmicway
05-17-2014, 08:09 PM
From those horses that won 2 out of 3 where did most fail ?
K, P or B ?

Stillriledup
05-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I can't wait for the show pool...

There will be too much money on the other runners to show, it won't matter if he's off the board, show won't be a bonanza.

Stillriledup
05-17-2014, 08:20 PM
With a possible 14 horse full field gunning for Chrome, I'm thinking he will be 2-5......& only because its so hard to win the triple crown.

Good thing he will have 3 weeks to get his energy back & get back to his routine.

My friend wanted to make a 1k bet on Chrome but was scared, so I told him to bet him for place, he might pay more.......he ended up paying the same as his win, lol!

I believe he might pay more to place in Belmont than his win.
He might because people will be betting him just to have a souvenir ticket on him to win.

Everyone there will have at least 2 bucks on him to win, so he might be 2-5 and will surely be overbet to his actual chances.

clocker7
05-17-2014, 08:23 PM
From those horses that won 2 out of 3 where did most fail ?
K, P or B ?
Depends upon how one looks at it.

The first horse that won one leg of the Triple Crown while running in all 3 races (War Cloud) did it in 1918, 43 years after they were all in existence. Before that, there were at least a half dozen horses that won the eastern pair (plus Man o' War and Pillory later) without being sent to Louisville.

Then there was a stretch where the Preakness became the bugaboo. But beginning in the 1950s, it's primarily been the Belmont. It would take a little more time to grind through the data for a complete picture.

wiffleball whizz
05-17-2014, 08:28 PM
2.60 win

3.30 place

Overlay
05-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Depends upon how one looks at it.

The first horse that won one leg of the Triple Crown while running in all 3 races (War Cloud) did it in 1918, 43 years after they were all in existence. Before that, there were at least a half dozen horses that won the eastern pair (plus Man o' War and Pillory later) without being sent to Louisville.

Then there was a stretch where the Preakness became the bugaboo. But beginning in the 1950s, it's primarily been the Belmont. It would take a little more time to grind through the data for a complete picture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Triple_Crown_of_Thoroughbred_Racing

According to the chart at the above link, since Sir Barton won the first Triple Crown in 1919, 46 horses have won two (but not all three) of the three legs. (Five horses before then had won the Preakness and the Belmont but not the Derby (in 1877, 1878, 1880, 1881, and 1895), but I'm not sure that the scheduling of the races at that time would have made a Triple Crown possible.) Of those 46, 13 did not win the Derby, 11 did not win the Preakness, and 22 did not win the Belmont. (I also did not delve into which of the non-winners did not even start in the one race of the three that they didn't win.)