PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Chat tonight

depalma113
05-16-2014, 08:41 AM
I know there were issues before the Derby. It seems Java doesn't like the site used for the Chat room because it is http:

This fix worked for me:

Click the windows icon
In the (search programs and files) box type in "java"
Under control panel click the java program
When java window opens up, select security
lower the security level down to medium
click apply
click OK

When you go into the chat room, a security window will ask you if you want to proceed. Proceed and the chat room will open up.

After the chat you can follow the same steps to return your computer back to it original security level.

Tom
05-16-2014, 10:40 AM
What Widnows Icon?

depalma113
05-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Lower left on your computer. If it's the start button click on it and than click search file or program.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't think I've ever had an official Preakness chat...we usually just have Derby and BC chats (and a Belmont chat if a TC is on the line)...and I am still looking for a better chat solution...

But anyone is of course free to go in there and mix things up... :cool:

Tom
05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
OK, I thought you meant that button.
My search function in there has no option for Programs.

Tom
05-16-2014, 04:10 PM
OK, that worked.
The part in Java about adding a trusted site doesn't work, but lowering the security to medium got me in.....it asked if I wanted to run the application. I said yes and got in. Why the hell it didn't ask the first time.....Java doesn't impress me in the least. I understand I got it free, but it was over-priced.

I'll drop in for a talk tonight...always fun to get together live.

depalma113
05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Just found out I have to work. Seems the local VA Hospital has a hidden list of patients keeping them from getting care and someone leaked it. My guess to cover their own butts. Anyway, I have to go cover this news, so I don't know if I'll be back by 8pm.