PDA

View Full Version : THE TRUTH

Mad Scientist
05-16-2014, 07:40 AM
I started a thread and I made some silly comical satirical good natured posts downplaying the chances of SI. None of my posts involved any kind of personal attacks. They were just stuff like SI lapped the rest of the field on his gallop out. Pure satirical stuff directed at no individuals.

The fans of SI became unglued and a few decided they would respond not in a good natured satirical way but instead by directing viscious personal attacks at me.

Instead of just sitting back and quietly taking the attacks I decided to respond to the bully's with personal attacks of my own.

I was than warned. Why the bully's who started it were also not warned is a question I can't answer. But I respected the warning ...

The bully's I guess felt empowered by the fact that their bullying went unwarned , so they continued with their personal attacks against me so once again I decided to respond to the bully's in the same way they were attacking me.

I fought for this country. I believe in what this country stands for, and I will be damned if a few bully's are going to sit there and personally attack me just because I was down playing their horses chances.

Allowing some people to personally attack someone else and than when the victim responds you attack the victim for responding is not american. I don't care how many posts or how long the members have been registered for.

This reminds me of the kind of stuff you hear about happening in the Middle East. Some woman will get raped by several men and than the woman will be punished for it by being stoned.

Over 3000 people viewed the thread and the bully's were about a total of maybe 15 people, so I am sure a lot of people saw what was happening but just did not feel the need to step up and say something against the bullies or maybe they just did not want to get banned for standing up to the bullies, and that's ok. I fought for this country for all the people that could not fight themselves and I stood up against the bullies for all the people who could not stand up for themselves.

I am sure this post will soon be censored and deleted. The bully's will need to be protected but hopefully some people will read this and maybe it will inspire them to stand up for the right thing.

God bless America

precocity
05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
thanks for fighting for our country, but mad kinda chill its all good in here?
your always going to have peeps on here who agree and disagree with you? I have seen threads start out one way and end up a whole different subject.
so your passionate about CC good for you but I have got drunk and posted and personally attacked some one on here and got warned about it but I apologized and that's that. but you will make a lot of good friends on here some really good peeps on here. so others didn't get warned? who cares? I get my post deleted all the time. :ThmbUp:

BlueChip@DRF
05-16-2014, 08:01 AM
thanks for fighting for our country, but mad kinda chill its all good in here?
your always going to have peeps on here who agree and disagree with you? I have seen threads start out one way and end up a whole different subject.
so your passionate about CC good for you but I have got drunk and posted and personally attacked some one on here and got warned about it but I apologized and that's that. but you will make a lot of good friends on here some really good peeps on here. so others didn't get warned? who cares? I get my post deleted all the time. :ThmbUp:

Hey! This is a rare post by you. I thought I would give you recognition before this disappears. :p

precocity
05-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey! This is a rare post by you. I thought I would give you recognition before this disappears. :p
:lol: you know it usually im just a smart azz!!! :cool:

Mad Scientist
05-16-2014, 08:24 AM
I did not complain about it when I was being attacked. I did not ask for sympathy or anything like that ... I just stood up for myself and responded back.

I did not complain when I was the only one warned. I just respected the warning and tried to cool things down.

Now after I tried to cool things down than I guess the bullies took that as a sign of weakness and the personal attacks only got worse, so that's when I decided I had to respond back with even nastier personal attacks of my own.

The result is I am openly being called a "dickhead" and a " douchebag" and being threatened with being banned after Chrome wins on Saturday. While nothing but praise is directed towards the bullies who actually started the personal attacks.

Just look at that last 15 posts or so on the thread in question it really tells the whole story .

The SI mafia is so invested in Chrome being beat that my satirical , comical, just having good natured fun posts about SI just sent them over the edge and they just lashed out against me by personal name calling and insults. . Which they knew they were free to do because they were of the " protected class " on this site.

I am sure the false equivilances will be made. Some people will say I deserved to be called a idiot, dickhead, douchebag etc. because I deserved it, Afterall I made fun of the SI supporters by saying SI would win the Preakness by 28 lengths and break the track record by 32 seconds.

I never asked for those attacking me to be warned or banned. I never cried about the attacks made against me. I just stood up for myself. If that's considered a sin here than so be it ...

Boris
05-16-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www2.k12albemarle.org/dept/instruction/comengage/comrel/PublishingImages/bullying.jpg

onefast99
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I started a thread and I made some silly comical satirical good natured posts downplaying the chances of SI. None of my posts involved any kind of personal attacks. They were just stuff like SI lapped the rest of the field on his gallop out. Pure satirical stuff directed at no individuals.

The fans of SI became unglued and a few decided they would respond not in a good natured satirical way but instead by directing viscious personal attacks at me.

Instead of just sitting back and quietly taking the attacks I decided to respond to the bully's with personal attacks of my own.

I was than warned. Why the bully's who started it were also not warned is a question I can't answer. But I respected the warning ...

The bully's I guess felt empowered by the fact that their bullying went unwarned , so they continued with their personal attacks against me so once again I decided to respond to the bully's in the same way they were attacking me.

I fought for this country. I believe in what this country stands for, and I will be damned if a few bully's are going to sit there and personally attack me just because I was down playing their horses chances.

Allowing some people to personally attack someone else and than when the victim responds you attack the victim for responding is not american. I don't care how many posts or how long the members have been registered for.

This reminds me of the kind of stuff you hear about happening in the Middle East. Some woman will get raped by several men and than the woman will be punished for it by being stoned.

Over 3000 people viewed the thread and the bully's were about a total of maybe 15 people, so I am sure a lot of people saw what was happening but just did not feel the need to step up and say something against the bullies or maybe they just did not want to get banned for standing up to the bullies, and that's ok. I fought for this country for all the people that could not fight themselves and I stood up against the bullies for all the people who could not stand up for themselves.

I am sure this post will soon be censored and deleted. The bully's will need to be protected but hopefully some people will read this and maybe it will inspire them to stand up for the right thing.

God bless America
So let me put this post in a condensed form, it is ok for you to "joke" but when someone else does it it's an attack on you? And now you play the "bullying" trump card? Your service to this country is duly recognized but it has nothing to do with anything that has transpired on this forum.

Mad Scientist
05-16-2014, 08:59 AM
The funny thing is I never cried about the bullying.

The bully's started with their personal attacks and I said ok you want to bully me fine. I'll just respond back twice as hard.

It was than the bully's who started crying like little girls. " pace you need to ban mad scientist he hurt my feelings." " he doesn't understand that I have over 15,000 posts and should be allowed to attack whoever I want without fear of them standing up for themself"

So pace takes care of his bread and butter the old timers and warns me ....

I still don't cry about the injustice. I just say ok and I let it go.

But the bully's seeing me back off think they sense blood in the water so they double down on their attacks.

So once again I am forced to come back at them just as hard.

Now the bully's want to act like I'm crying. When the reality is I just took the attacks and responded back twice as hard with a smile on my face it was the bully's that went crying about I should be banned because I hurt there little feelings.

Mad Scientist
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah when I say that people suffer from Calufornia chrome derangement syndrome and there is a 12 step program that can help them it equals a joke .

When someone calls you a douchebag or a dickhead than yeah that's something completly different.

I never played the bullying card. I was happy to just stand up for myself . It was the people who attacked me that started crying and asking for me to be banned because I hurt their feelings.

If you can't understand that than I don't know how dslr to explain it to you.

precocity
05-16-2014, 09:10 AM
The funny thing is I never cried about the bullying.

The bully's started with their personal attacks and I said ok you want to bully me fine. I'll just respond back twice as hard.

It was than the bully's who started crying like little girls. " pace you need to ban mad scientist he hurt my feelings." " he doesn't understand that I have over 15,000 posts and should be allowed to attack whoever I want without fear of them standing up for themself"

So pace takes care of his bread and butter the old timers and warns me ....

I still don't cry about the injustice. I just say ok and I let it go.

But the bully's seeing me back off think they sense blood in the water so they double down on their attacks.

So once again I am forced to come back at them just as hard.

Now the bully's want to act like I'm crying. When the reality is I just took the attacks and responded back twice as hard with a smile on my face it was the bully's that went crying about I should be banned because I hurt there little feelings.
ok cool mad we get it? PA is cool but I can tell you he doesn't like me? so lets just stick with the handicapping let your picks do the talking! plus ride on curling is going to win. :ThmbUp:

onefast99
05-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Yeah when I say that people suffer from Calufornia chrome derangement syndrome and there is a 12 step program that can help them it equals a joke .

When someone calls you a douchebag or a dickhead than yeah that's something completly different.

I never played the bullying card. I was happy to just stand up for myself . It was the people who attacked me that started crying and asking for me to be banned because I hurt their feelings.

If you can't understand that than I don't know how dslr to explain it to you.
Lets just leave it as we can each have our own pick. I would never ask anyone to be banned fom this forum no matter what was said. Good luck to you tomorrow!

soupman2
05-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Mad Scientist- there is a reason I only have 120+ posts in almost 10 years on this site. More crabby old guys on this site than any other that I belong.

I think you are 100% correct in your assessment of the race on paper. Who knows how the racing gods will hand out the luck.

People should go back in the big race threads and read the comments about the "unbeatable" horses they loved only to see them lay an egg. Why someone wraps their emotional security in the result of a horse race escapes me.

Shelby
05-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Mad Scientist- there is a reason I only have 120+ posts in almost 10 years on this site. More crabby old guys on this site than any other that I belong.

I think you are 100% correct in your assessment of the race on paper. Who knows how the racing gods will hand out the luck.

People should go back in the big race threads and read the comments about the "unbeatable" horses they loved only to see them lay an egg. Why someone wraps their emotional security in the result of a horse race escapes me.

Hey, don't forget us crabby girls ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
I was than warned. Why the bully's who started it were also not warned is a question I can't answer. But I respected the warning ... And here is where you are wrong...pay attention to this post of mine and when it was posted and who it was directed to (ALL):

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1638067&#post1638067

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Moving to OFF-TOPIC

precocity
05-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Hey, don't forget us crabby girls ;)
:D know your great Shelby, now grits can get crabby but I love it when she does!!!! :D ;)

Grits
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
:D know your great Shelby, now grits can get crabby but I love it when she does!!!! :D ;)

Yup. She can, now and then!! :lol:

thaskalos
05-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Speak your mind, bro...we can use a little more "personality" on this board. Civility is nice...but it can get a little boring. Your handicapping analysis in that thread was spot-on, as far as I am concerned...but your language in voicing it could have been toned down a bit. Any morning line listing CC at 2-1 and SI at 3-1 would have to be considered a bad opening line.

In any case...there was no harm done...nor is there any harm in being overconfident in this game...except to your pocketbook, that is.

Put this whole thing behind you...and keep the handicapping insights coming.

I would rethink the "going pro" business if I were you though... :)

Valuist
05-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Mad Scientist-

I don't care if you assail SI, or CC, or ABC or XYZ, but stop using acronyms! There's thousands of horses in training. For those of us who aren't thinking about the Preakness or the Belmont every minute of every day, we don't know what the hell you are talking about.