PDA

View Full Version : Obama says Washington doesn't work.

Clocker
05-15-2014, 11:18 PM
From thehill.com (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/fundraising/206176-stymied-by-gop-obama-tells-dems-washington-doesnt-work):

Complaining that he had a "drawerful" of things left to do, the president said he had been stymied because "Washington doesn't work."

"We have a party on the other side that has been captured by an ideology that says no to everything," Obama said. "There might have been a time when that was an exaggeration but now it's not."Obama made the comments at the second of two New York City fundraisers Wednesday, held at the Manhattan home of investment banker Blair Effron. Supporters paid $32,400 to attend the event, which benefited the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

Earlier, the president held a closed-door roundtable discussion with donors who had contributed up to $32,400 to the Democratic National Committee.

Obama's trip to New York was part of a furious fundraising push of late, as Democrats look to stockpile cash ahead of the 2014 midterm elections. The events were Obama's 20th and 21st of 2014, and came on the heels of a trip to California last week where Obama hosted five separate fundraising events. According to CBS News's Mark Knoller, Obama has attended 59 events benefiting Democrats this cycle.

That raises two immediate questions in my mind.

1. How the hail does Obama know what is going on in Washington, let alone whether it "works" or not?

2. Isn't it the responsibility of the Chief Executive to make the organization work?

mostpost
05-16-2014, 12:38 AM
From thehill.com (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/fundraising/206176-stymied-by-gop-obama-tells-dems-washington-doesnt-work):

That raises two immediate questions in my mind.

1. How the hail does Obama know what is going on in Washington, let alone whether it "works" or not?

2. Isn't it the responsibility of the Chief Executive to make the organization work?
1. He knows a hail of a lot more than you do.
2. Despite what you may think government is very different from a business. The President can't fire congress.

chrisl
05-16-2014, 12:48 AM
2. Despite what you may think government is very different from a business. The President can't fire congress.

Or Postal employees. Dang the truth hurts... :lol:

Clocker
05-16-2014, 01:50 AM

You don't know that. More blind faith in action. You have absolutely no factual evidence to back up that assertion. You haven't a clue about what I know, or my experiences in life.

The man is obviously clueless about the private sector, and it is now apparent that his knowledge of the political process is limited to the Chicago Democratic Machine model of politics. Washington doesn't work that way, so he thinks that Washington doesn't work.

2. Despite what you may think government is very different from a business.

Despite what you may think, I have worked in government and in the private sector for regulated industries dealing with the government, and Obama is clueless about how either works, or how to get things done.

The President can't fire congress.

But the president can work with Congress. The most effective presidents in living memory have done so. LBJ, Reagan, and Clinton all accomplished a lot of what they wanted to do by working with Congress. Obama just whines when he can't get his way and goes on a road trip, the Animal House answer to any problem.

HUSKER55
05-16-2014, 03:58 AM
Well if DC doesn't work then he is free to leave....

he is not married to it

davew
05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
but he sure does give good speeches and does well campaigning and collecting donations

Tom
05-16-2014, 10:49 AM
What a whinny little girl the POTUS is.
A little weasel with no backbone.
And we left him run our military - disgusting, shameful.
Take your ball and go home, Barry. Cry to Mommy. :lol:

Clocker
05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
What a whinny little girl the POTUS is.

No one has ever told him "no" before. He is the first trophy generation president. All of his life he got awards just for showing up. He has never had to work for anything.

Like them or not, LBJ, Reagan, and Clinton fought and clawed their way to the top. They knew how to play the game and worked hard to get people in Washington to compromise and pass their agendas. Obama was carried to the top by Valerie Jarrett, David Axelrod, David Plouffe, and others. They did the work, and Obama made speeches and took the credit. They can't help him in Washington because there are a lot of people there who are smarter than Obama and know how to play the game better. He is no longer the big fish in a small pond.

So he whines that he don't get no respect. And he thinks that the way to get Congress to hand over the keys to the government is to do the only thing he has ever done successfully, campaign. So when Congress says no, he hits the road, making speeches to students and union members with the human shield of targeted voters standing behind him, and begs the people to tell Congress to obey his commands.

Valuist
05-16-2014, 11:39 AM

Really? We are talking about a guy who wants to loosen home loan ratios to make it easier for questionable buyers to buy homes.....all less than 10 years after a major housing crisis, caused largely by unqualified buyers buying homes.

I'm going to go out on a very small limb and say Clocker is a lot smarter than that.

OntheRail
05-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Ob's should talk to the Chief obstructionist Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). But when will he ever find the time... between Putting and Stumping.

Dem's be the Wrench in the gears (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/200228-house-dems-to-senate-dems-pass-our-bills)

“Democratic bills, Republican bills, bipartisan bills — the House has moved scores of legislation to help hard-working families and build an America that works,” Cantor Deputy Chief of Staff Doug Heye said. “Harry Reid's do-nothing Senate must not have gotten the memo that President Obama declared 2014 a year of action.”

Clocker
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm going to go out on a very small limb and say Clocker is a lot smarter than that.

Thank you. Your check is in the mail. :p

Mostie has a proven track record of personal insults and attacks when he can't come up with facts to prove his case. If he doesn't like your facts, then you are an idiot or a liar.

And if Obama is so much more intelligent and knowledgeable than the rest of us, why can't he get anything done? His sole "accomplishment" is ObamaCare, and he had nothing to do with putting it together or getting it passed. That bill was passed because of two people: Nancy Pelosi and Rahm Emanuel. Obama didn't know what was in it, and still doesn't.

He is also clueless about economics and business, and his foreign policy is a train wreck. Any time anyone is out of their comfort zone, they go back to what they do know well. And as shown in the OP quote, Obama's talents are speech-making and fund-raising. Period.

LottaKash
05-16-2014, 12:42 PM

Well thank God & the Constitution for that !.....If he could he would, and that would be called a dictatorship, I believe....

Tom
05-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey Kash, that baby in your avatar.....he has something in his diaper that is smarter than Obama! :lol: :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
05-16-2014, 04:49 PM

Would you at least concede Obama waltzed into office, thinking his oratory skills would make the job a breeze? So naïve. He was quickly disabused of that notion by Reps and some Dems.

LottaKash
05-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey Kash, that baby in your avatar.....he has something in his diaper that is smarter than Obama! :lol: :lol:

Tom, the diaper had been changed...And, guess what came out of the old one......."the one"...

fast4522
05-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Veterans scandal risks engulfing Obama

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/328546c0-dd10-11e3-8546-00144feabdc0.html#axzz31vA9e000

When you treat illegal aliens better than our Veterans, exactly where does the buck stop?

Clocker
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM

VA is the beta test for ObamaCare. The primary issue in the current VA scandal is rationing. Coming soon to an ObamaCare network near you.

fast4522
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
VA is the beta test for ObamaCare. The primary issue in the current VA scandal is rationing. Coming soon to an ObamaCare network near you.

. . . . . and voting booths all across the United States of America in November. :lol: :lol:

Tom
05-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Our Kenyan Kommander in Khief dishonors our vets.
He spends far more time playing golf than making sure they get treated fairly when they come home.
He will burn in Hell for this - rightfully so.
He is no better than our enemies. Worse.
Scum of the Earth.

davew
05-17-2014, 01:08 AM

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/328546c0-dd10-11e3-8546-00144feabdc0.html#axzz31vA9e000

When you treat illegal aliens better than our Veterans, exactly where does the buck stop?

You gotta treat the people willing to vote 5 to 10 times for you better than the average person in America ... the buck never stops , donate it to the DNC, spend it on stuff to get even more votes ...

fast4522
05-17-2014, 12:08 PM
You gotta treat the people willing to vote 5 to 10 times for you better than the average person in America ... the buck never stops , donate it to the DNC, spend it on stuff to get even more votes ...

The folks that you roll with are in fact hazardous to your health, when shit hits the fan in your lifetime your going to blame the other guy.

This does not fit in this thread, but it is a good view, so enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvXfnulloZM

LottaKash
05-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Rationing?....As in "Death Panels" ?....:eek:

Seems to me at least, that is exactly what is happening here....:(

What is next for Amerika, once the ultimate crushing of the Doctors and the Healthcare-System of our country, is complete...???...:eek:

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Rationing?....As in "Death Panels" ?....:eek:

Seems to me at least, that is exactly what is happening here....:(

What is next for Amerika, once the ultimate crushing of the Doctors and the Healthcare-System of our country, is complete...???...:eek:

I support much better care our veterans. Therefore, the following comment does not apply to the VA. If I'm (the taxpayer) paying for someone else's healthcare (e.g., Medicare or Medicaid), I support rationing. How is it "American" to provide infinite amounts of free* healthcare? If someone is a conservative, they should support reducing the rate of growth in Medicare and Medicaid and rationing has to be part of that reduction. As for the VA and veterans, raise my taxes to provide them with better care (but the money better go for just that, nothing else).

*many, many Medicare recipients receives benefits that far exceed what they put in the system

Clocker
05-17-2014, 03:23 PM
As for the VA and veterans, raise my taxes to provide them with better care (but the money better go for just that, nothing else).

It is still hearsay at this point, but stories are coming out that the VA was highly inefficient with the resources they had, and could have provided a lot more care with their existing budget. There was a story on the news last night about some doctors treating PTSD that were handling about half the number of cases that they should have been.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
It is still hearsay at this point, but stories are coming out that the VA was highly inefficient with the resources they had, and could have provided a lot more care with their existing budget. There was a story on the news last night about some doctors treating PTSD that were handling about half the number of cases that they should have been.

I'm sure you're right. I suspect the entire system should be overhauled. My point only point was I would be willing to pay higher taxes if it resulted in better care for vets. I don't support paying higher taxes for much of anything else!

Tom
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
That is the point, Mike.
Pay for your own and no rationing.
We are not getting a say in it.
We are being run by a dictator who spies on his own people and murders others with drones.

Obama is a war criminal.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2014, 03:42 PM
That is the point, Mike.
Pay for your own and no rationing.
We are not getting a say in it.
We are being run by a dictator who spies on his own people and murders others with drones.

Obama is a war criminal.

I didn't/don't support ObamaCare, but healthcare was rationed by managed care companies long before Obama became president or even a senator. Let's not delude ourselves.

Clocker
05-17-2014, 03:58 PM
I didn't/don't support ObamaCare, but healthcare was rationed by managed care companies long before Obama became president or even a senator. Let's not delude ourselves.

But it was rationed differently from company to company, and you could shop around to find the one whose rationing methodology best fit your needs. Now a one size fits all method is imposed from above.

Tom
05-17-2014, 04:04 PM
But we chose those companies.
Apples and oranges.

Our free will vs total politically motivated choices by incompetent government weasels.

Let's not deluxe ourselves.

tucker6
05-17-2014, 04:05 PM
But it was rationed differently from company to company, and you could shop around to find the one whose rationing methodology best fit your needs. Now a one size fits all method is imposed from above.
Yeah, but now as a single 50 year old man I have coverage in case I get pregnant. I'm told I have the standard platinum coverage on that one. I sleep better at night knowing that if a miracle occurs and I produce a baby, that I'm completely covered. The $5k deductible on everything else blows though.

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2014, 04:06 PM

Our health insurance premiums (small business - we use Aetna) went up about 110% b/c of ObamaCare. We're now subsidizing older workers and to a lessor extent paying for things we don't want or need. The majority of the higher costs are due to the former, not the latter factor. That said, I could/can still decide whether I wanted expansive or narrow coverage, which ultimately determines how much my healthcare will be "rationed." Therefore, I don't agree with you. Longer term, you'll probably turn out right, but I don't think it's the case today.

dartman51
05-17-2014, 04:30 PM

Oh no!!!! Not another PHONY scandal. Those rascal Republicans, just won't leave me alone. :( :D