PDA

View Full Version : In Baltimore

PhantomOnTour
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
We all arrived yesterday and are about to head to Old Hilltop for a subpar Thursday card...but who cares!?
I am on vacation with brother and father and it's time to get down-n-dirty.

We will be in the Sports Palace today, and weather permitting, on the apron outside tomorrow. Don't know what we'll do if the rains persist into tomorrow afternoon. Weather man says massive rains tonight but hopefully we will clear out for tomorrow's card. Surely to be off the turf tomorrow though.

If you are a PA member come on over and say "Hey". We will be easy to recognize....we are the guys who bet a lot but never go to the window to cash. Look for the massive pile of losing tickets, and you will have found our table.
Seriusly though - i will have on a blue Air Jordan shirt and possibly a Commanding Curve hat.

wiffleball whizz
05-15-2014, 10:15 AM
We all arrived yesterday and are about to head to Old Hilltop for a subpar Thursday card...but who cares!?

We will be in the Sports Palace today, and weather permitting, on the apron outside tomorrow. Don't know what we'll do if the rains persist into tomorrow afternoon. Weather man says massive rains tonight but hopefully we will clear out for tomorrow's card. Surely to be off the turf tomorrow though.

If you are a PA member come on over and say "Hey". We will be easy to recognize....we are the guys who bet a lot but never go to the window to cash. Look for the massive pile of losing tickets, and you will have found our table.
Seriusly though - i will have on a blue Air Jordan shirt and possibly a Commanding Curve hat.

HAHAHAHAHAHA post of the year!!!!!! I'll see you later

ronsmac
05-15-2014, 12:12 PM

Seriusly though - i will have on a blue Air Jordan shirt and possibly a Commanding Curve hat.Good luck and enjoy. To the Whizz, I'm a little disappointed you're not going Saturday. I was looking forward to a Preakness day report.

JustRalph
05-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Phantom, have a good time!

wiffleball whizz
05-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Good luck and enjoy. To the Whizz, I'm a little disappointed you're not going Saturday. I was looking forward to a Preakness day report.

I'm going....just turned down 500 in the flesh....

wiffleball whizz
05-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Didn't see the phantom when I did a sweep up the stairs....

Hoping PROXIMITY puts the cards down tnrw to go back to his old roots

By the way at 2:24pm I officially sold the tix.....I couldn't pass up 650 for them...

Anybody who was at pimlico today how the F didn't the 5 go by the 8?!? In the first

Saratoga_Mike
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Well sold on the tix - now just show up Preak Day around 11 am or so and you can buy tix for face value.

wiffleball whizz
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Well sold on the tix - now just show up Preak Day around 11 am or so and you can buy tix for face value.

Wow.....that didn't even dawn on me.....I sold my parking pass and the braindead didn't even ask for it

The only reason I want to go is for $2 win tickets....I just bought some on eBay

I'm assuming if I buy them fridsy it takes away from the value

Tom
05-15-2014, 09:53 PM

He said he would be down by the rail....... :eek:

PhantomOnTour
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM

Hoping PROXIMITY puts the cards down tnrw to go back to his old roots

By the way at 2:24pm I officially sold the tix.....I couldn't pass up 650 for them...

Anybody who was at pimlico today how the F didn't the 5 go by the 8?!? In the first
My brother and I often head downstairs for a smoke and to watch the races by the rail...must have missed you...damn.

About that #5 in the first race...I bet him also as that Kevin Boniface dude almost always puts over a winner at good odds on Preakness weekend.
Some very strange results today.
Racyn Gracyn had absolutely no business winning the race he was in.
Paid $121.00 to win and no one saw that surprise coming.
Managed to finally recognize that speed was good on the turf and we hit a nice exacta in the finale by keying on the speedy #9.

Will be on the apron tomorrow very close to the winners circle wearing my Commanding Curve hat...come on down and say "hey" if you are around.

Whizz- come sit with the common folk on Sat in the old grandstand. We are usually in Section FF around the 1/8 pole or so.

Vinnie
05-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Have a fantastic time Phantom... :)

nijinski
05-16-2014, 12:07 AM
My brother and I often head downstairs for a smoke and to watch the races by the rail...must have missed you...damn.

About that #5 in the first race...I bet him also as that Kevin Boniface dude almost always puts over a winner at good odds on Preakness weekend.
Some very strange results today.
Racyn Gracyn had absolutely no business winning the race he was in.
Paid $121.00 to win and no one saw that surprise coming.
Managed to finally recognize that speed was good on the turf and we hit a nice exacta in the finale by keying on the speedy #9.

Will be on the apron tomorrow very close to the winners circle wearing my Commanding Curve hat...come on down and say "hey" if you are around.

Whizz- come sit with the common folk on Sat in the old grandstand. We are usually in Section FF around the 1/8 pole or so.

That "Kevin Boniface dude" :lol: ;
His Dad , William , would bring many longshots right off the farm
they owned . No public workouts back then . Deputed Testimony their
Preakness winner and farm star likely helped pay many bills for Bonita Farms , I'm thinking and I hope that the farm is still family owned .

Have yourself a great time !

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2014, 12:17 AM
That "Kevin Boniface dude" :lol: ;
His Dad , William , would bring many longshots right off the farm
they owned . No public workouts back then . Deputed Testimony their
Preakness winner and farm star likely helped pay many bills for Bonita Farms , I'm thinking and I hope that the farm is still family owned .

Have yourself a great time !
I figured some folks would get a laugh out of that. He has the heaviest Maryland accent I've ever heard, and doesn't Deputed Testimony still hold the 8.5f track record at Pim??

nijinski
05-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I figured some folks would get a laugh out of that. He has the heaviest Maryland accent I've ever heard, and doesn't Deputed Testimony still hold the 8.5f track record at Pim??

I did find that funny and I figured you knew the family
history
I know he held the record but not sure if he still does .
Have to check that out . Huge part of their family, lived
out his life at the farm to until the age of 32 .

MutuelClerk
05-16-2014, 07:04 PM
I recommend sitting next to Wes Welker.

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2014, 07:08 PM
I recommend sitting next to Wes Welker.
Did you see the Bloodhorse article?
CD wants almost $15,000 back from him because they overpaid him
Un-be-leeeeeeeeeeevable :faint:

KingChas
05-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Don't know what we'll do if the rains persist into tomorrow afternoon. Weather man says massive rains tonight but hopefully we will clear out for tomorrow's card. Surely to be off the turf tomorrow though.

Any whispers about turf races (on/off) Saturday?

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
I expect all Stks races to stay on turf, but wouldn't be surprised if the earlier ones come off, and there's a few early in the card.

KingChas
05-16-2014, 09:45 PM
About what I figured.
Thanks ;)

Tom
05-16-2014, 11:07 PM
So many scratches today I just finished writing them down!
Decimated what was once a great card.
Hope they get a better shot tomorrow - sad to see a good day go down the toilet. But I have lost hope that tomorrow will be anything special.
I'll skip handicapping tonight - why bother?

This could be a premonition of what awaits Belmont when they put all those stakes on one card June 7.

KingChas
05-16-2014, 11:24 PM
I'll skip handicapping tonight - why bother?

This could be a premonition of what awaits Belmont when they put all those stakes on one card June 7.

Pimlico won't be too bad tomorrow.
As for Belmont another story.
4 turf races scheduled.
Race 3 possible < 4horse field.
The other couple why handicap just wheel the 13-14-15-16.....MTO's. for 50 cents. :D