PDA

View Full Version : Questions about New Mexico Racing

Show Me the Wire
04-18-2004, 12:30 AM
General question about New Mexico racing. Tired of running horses for smallish purses. Thinking about relocating towards south west. I see Sunland Park is located near El Paso. Texas. Some questions, if any one can help.

Is there extensive full card simulcasting in New Mexico, OTB's and is there a close location to Sunland in New Mexico, or is EL Paso. Texas a better option?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Show Me the Money (oops) Wire

perception is reality

BillW
04-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
General question about New Mexico racing. Tired of running horses for smallish purses. Thinking about relocating towards south west. I see Sunland Park is located near El Paso. Texas. Some questions, if any one can help.

Is there extensive full card simulcasting in New Mexico, OTB's and is there a close location to Sunland in New Mexico, or is EL Paso. Texas a better option?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Show Me the Money (oops) Wire

perception is reality

SMTW,

There aren't any OTB's in TX, only the tracks, including the Greyhound tracks. Probably San Antonio is closest in Tx. (500 Miles to El Paso).

I'm not sure about NM.

Bill

Show Me the Wire
04-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Bill:

Thanks for the info. I am familiar with Arizona, but I do not want to race at Turf Paradise, no real money. That is why I asked about Sunland and NM.

It is important to have full card simulacasting covering Keeneland, CD, FG, and Oaklawn.

I have given up on Illinois racing. Does not look like any increase in purses coming soon and it seems the tracks are trying to lose money purposely to convince the politicians to pass slots.

Regards,
Show Me the Money

BillW
04-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
Bill:

Thanks for the info. I am familiar with Arizona, but I do not want to race at Turf Paradise, no real money. That is why I asked about Sunland and NM.

It is important to have full card simulacasting covering Keeneland, CD, FG, and Oaklawn.

I have given up on Illinois racing. Does not look like any increase in purses coming soon and it seems the tracks are trying to lose money purposely to convince the politicians to pass slots.

Regards,
Show Me the Money

SMTW,

This area may be a better alternative. LAD, LS, EVD, DED, FG, HOU, RET all within that same 500 miles. While Tx doesn't promise much, LA is going slot crazy.

Bill

schweitz
04-18-2004, 01:06 PM
SMTW,

There are a couple of people who post on the Del Mar Forum at the Del Mar site that have knowledge of New Mexico racing---one even lives in El Paso.

nomadpat
04-18-2004, 01:22 PM
I don't live there but I play the Sunland meet. It has definitely gotten better each year in terms of purses, handle, etc. Assmussen runs a decent amount of starters there.
In terms of the question of simulcasting, I would think this would answer it:

http://www.sunland-park.com/documents/Wk2%20April%2004.pdf

I don't know about OTBs down there.

Show Me the Wire
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
schweitz and nomadpat:

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

Dan
04-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BillW
SMTW,

There aren't any OTB's in TX, only the tracks, including the Greyhound tracks. Probably San Antonio is closest in Tx. (500 Miles to El Paso).

I'm not sure about NM.

Bill

I thought there's an OTB at Lone Star Park? They even have a drive up window.

BL

BillW
04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
BL,

All (most?) of the tracks in Tx have simulcast. Hou has all breeds including greyhounds. I hadn't heard of the drive up ... knew there was one at KEE. But no seperate off-track facilities.

Bill