PDA

View Full Version : Fox 1 Racing

Tom
05-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Good news - Fox is covering racing.
Bad news - Fox is covering make-believe baseball, too.

Guess who gets the top billing? :rolleyes:
A 15-5 blowout in a game that means nothing to anyone and they can't cut away from it???? BS.

Brings back memories of ESPN coverage - if we get around to it, we will show it. :ThmbDown:

Tom
05-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Dittos MSG+ to tennis.

cj
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
It came on FS1 here, just a few minutes past schedule.

Tom
05-11-2014, 06:50 PM
It came on after about 5 minutes, but it was clear they would have stayed with the blowout as long as it took.

Same with MSG+ - but every single time, on MSG, when the races go off late, they cut away. Just yesterday, they were loading the Peter Pan gate and cut away, to Amish Tiddly Winks, I think. Racing gets no respect.

thespaah
05-11-2014, 08:19 PM
It's called "contractual obligations".

depalma113
05-11-2014, 09:40 PM
It was on FS2 until the game ended and than it switched.

forced89
05-12-2014, 10:16 AM
It was on FS2 until the game ended and than it switched.

They provided many notices to switch to FS2 at the bottom of the screen. I switched and saw everything from the beginning.

Tom
05-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Problem is, F2 is a not included in the package. It would cost another $9 a on the for a channel I wold never use.

My point is that why is it never contractual obligations when it comes to racing? Why is racing always the red-headed step child? Even when it comes to stupid games with blow out?

thespaah
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Problem is, F2 is a not included in the package. It would cost another $9 a on the for a channel I wold never use.

My point is that why is it never contractual obligations when it comes to racing? Why is racing always the red-headed step child? Even when it comes to stupid games with blow out?
Oh but it is..contractual obligations.
Every time.
With some events, a contingency plan is place in the event runs past the designated time. In those cases, advertisers are compensated for the late start of the program they have purchased.
Most times the program running past its time is switched to a cable partner.
Fox Sports 2 is that type of channel. It provides an additional channel to accommodate simultaneous events.
Kind of leaves me scratching my head as to why Fox Sports 2 is in a higher tier on your cable lineup.
Or is it a case of going from analog to digital and having to acquire a converter from the cable co?
Time Warner does that. They will place certain channels such as Fox 2 on the digital tier. One reason, there are only so many services they can stick on chs 2-78. The other of course is $$$$.