PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Week Roll Call

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Taking a page out of TRACK COLLECTORS book I'm gonna fire up this roll call list on who is going to the 2014 preakness week activities

I have seats on the wire for fri and sat but would rather hang out and have a rare cocktail with some of pace advantage finest throughout the grounds...

Thursday

apparently there is a buffet in the terrace dining room the price will be either the standard 25 or 36 I would assume and lately it's been pretty good.......the table seats 6 but I'm sure I'd be able to get 2 tables........it's very nice up there with plenty of televisions (from 1987) and windows along with the pimlico museum....anybody that's interested in going call me or pm me and I'll save you a spot

Friday

From what I hear from the locals this is the best day there......I have tix in the apron box but I'll be milling around the grounds showing my friends from jersey how beautiful a place pimlico is.........prob gonna have a drink or two

Sat

I'll prob be buried for my lungs by this day but I'll be prob landlocked by the winners circle where my seats are..... Very curios to see how this crowd looks at this small venue.....

Whose going and where will you guys be sitting/hanging out?

tanner12oz
05-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Taking a page out of TRACK COLLECTORS book I'm gonna fire up this roll call list on who is going to the 2014 preakness week activities

I have seats on the wire for fri and sat but would rather hang out and have a rare cocktail with some of pace advantage finest throughout the grounds...

Thursday

apparently there is a buffet in the terrace dining room the price will be either the standard 25 or 36 I would assume and lately it's been pretty good.......the table seats 6 but I'm sure I'd be able to get 2 tables........it's very nice up there with plenty of televisions (from 1987) and windows along with the pimlico museum....anybody that's interested in going call me or pm me and I'll save you a spot

Friday

From what I hear from the locals this is the best day there......I have tix in the apron box but I'll be milling around the grounds showing my friends from jersey how beautiful a place pimlico is.........prob gonna have a drink or two

Sat

I'll prob be buried for my lungs by this day but I'll be prob landlocked by the winners circle where my seats are..... Very curios to see how this crowd looks at this small venue.....

Whose going and where will you guys be sitting/hanging out?

I'll be in apron a44 row a on Saturday..my dad will be there both days...do we just wander around the winners circle screaming whiffleball whizz or what?

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2014, 07:35 PM
I'll be in apron a44 row a on Saturday..my dad will be there both days...do we just wander around the winners circle screaming whiffleball whizz or what?

HAHAHAHAHA I got seats k6 on both days....I think I'm gonna be wearing a pink lacoste shirt for cancer awareness........ I'll be milling around the grounds

Text me at 732/501/9430 and we'll meet up.....we'll get a idea whose going as this thread develops

I can't wait

tanner12oz
05-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I never feel locked in at pimlico...lines get long for wagering, food and bathrooms but if you got at least the right color ticket you can go wherever in terms of seating..

it use to be really messy in terms of alcohol consumption but its a litter tamer now...more social gathering then frat house stagger fest

ronsmac
05-10-2014, 09:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHA I got seats k6 on both days....I think I'm gonna be wearing a pink lacoste shirt for cancer awareness........ I'll be milling around the grounds

Text me at 732/501/9430 and we'll meet up.....we'll get a idea whose going as this thread develops

I can't wait
I'll be there in spirit. Make sure you give us all daily reports of your Preakness week experiences.

PhantomOnTour
05-11-2014, 12:53 AM
I never feel locked in at pimlico...lines get long for wagering, food and bathrooms but if you got at least the right color ticket you can go wherever in terms of seating..

it use to be really messy in terms of alcohol consumption but its a litter tamer now...more social gathering then frat house stagger fest
Luckily I have found the super secret men's bathroom that still, after all these years and all those people there, never gets crowded...NEVER.

It's basically located on floor 1.5 right above the big bank of tellers on the ground floor of the grandstand (near the escalator by the paddock).

BettinBilly
05-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Luckily I have found the super secret men's bathroom that still, after all these years and all those people there, never gets crowded...NEVER.

It's basically located on floor 1.5 right above the big bank of tellers on the ground floor of the grandstand (near the escalator by the paddock).

Quite possibly the very finest TIP I have ever seen for Pimlico! ;):ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
05-11-2014, 06:19 AM

Hahahahahaha so true......you gotta go up some stairs it's basically in middle of nowhere.....and 1.5 floor is exactly right

tanner12oz
05-11-2014, 06:40 AM

that explains the liquid leaking into the first floor couple years back...wasnt sure what to id it as

wiffleball whizz
05-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Besides the clubhouse the rest of the place doesn't get used rest of the year it's too bad cuz it's better to watch races at pimlico rather then laurel

Hoping next year if colonial folds pimlico races in the summer

TheGarMan
05-13-2014, 05:50 PM
As of today, I have one seat available with my group for the Preakness.

Its indoors , third floor, section 4, row "A"

You are up high, behind the glass.

If you dont mind sitting with us bunch of hooligans, I am willing to sell it to a member here very reasonably.

We can meet on the grounds Friday, or early Saturday morning.

I think the face value is $110, I would probably go half price to a PA member. :)

Gar

EDIT- I should tell you, we are "roamers" so you will be sitting by yourself 75% of the time. :D :D

tanner12oz
05-13-2014, 06:18 PM

If you dont mind sitting with us bunch of hooligans, I am willing to sell it to a member here very reasonably.

I think the face value is $110, I would probably go half price to a PA member. :)

Gar

EDIT- I should tell you, we are "roamers" so you will be sitting by yourself 75% of the time. :D :D

great deal someone should take you up on this

BlueChip@DRF
05-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Take pictures, please! :)

wiffleball whizz
05-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Take pictures, please! :)

There will be plenty of pix

luvalab
05-14-2014, 11:11 AM
My wife and I will be there for Friday and Saturday. The weather for Friday is not looking good. Preakness day we'll be in the grandstand near the 1/8 pole.

wiffleball whizz
05-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Looking like no shot at avoiding rain :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

wiffleball whizz
05-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I'll be there thur and fri....

Had friends cancel from nj and I'm steaming but whatever....

As I posted on another thread I got 2 tix on the wire that are 135 a piece I believe and a 90 parking voucher I'll sell for face value or even less to a member here

I only paid $625 for them but that included black eye Susan tix :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to meeting you guys....I'll even be sure to give in person speeches abiut that bad photo finish the other day and how the odds always go down late on the winners!!!!!

thespaah
05-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Looking like no shot at avoiding rain :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:
MDZ006-150300-
NORTHERN BALTIMORE-
730 PM EDT WED MAY 14 2014
.FRIDAY...A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. SHOWERS. SOME THUNDERSTORMS MAY
PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S. SOUTHEAST WINDS
15 TO 20 MPH...BECOMING SOUTH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT.
LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN
70 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S.

Looks crappy for Friday..Saturday on the other hand looks great!

thespaah
05-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Gar

Roamers...Really. I don't like crowds where people are aimlessly wandering about. so once I get to my spot, set up what little stuff I have, I settle in.
The only time I get out of my chair is to bet or get a beer.
Oh well. I am the guy who gets charged with the duty of "hey, watch my stuff for me"...No problem.

proximity
05-16-2014, 12:29 AM
whizz,

I've set my alarm and am aiming to get there between 1030-11. shoot me a text letting me know when you're going to be there.

proximity

wiffleball whizz
05-16-2014, 12:44 AM
whizz,

I've set my alarm and am aiming to get there between 1030-11. shoot me a text letting me know when you're going to be there.

proximity

Hoping to be out of work by 6am.....I'll be there around 1130