PDA

View Full Version : Online Programs

mhrussell
12-26-2001, 12:24 AM
Looks like one thing Santa Claus is not bringing to the Winter Santa Anita meet is online programs. For the past several years Santa Anita (like most tracks around the country) have posted .pdf format files of the offical track program ~24 hrs. before race time. Now most of the time it is not difficult to determine the program numbers from even my early BRIS files but still it's a benefit to have the track program to print out for reference without having to shell out another $2 (in addition to admission and parking... god, don't get us going on this again!!!).

Has anyone else noticed this trend at other tracks for 2002?

It's a minor beef, but hey, what's wrong and so financially detrimental with the tracks providing people with a program?

Hope everyone had a good Holiday dinner and gets some time off. Here's to good prices and monster trifectas for 2002!
Thanks for all the great tips on this board. You guys have really helped my game.

Matt...

BillW
12-26-2001, 01:34 AM
Matt,

I have been getting my programs from TSN. They are free and contain M/L, prgm #'s etc.

http://www.TSNHorse.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?etp

all tracks are available from one source

Hope this helps,

Bill

Tom
12-26-2001, 10:12 AM
Racing should look at the restaurant industry.....when is the last time you paid for a menu??
How do you spell race track? C-H-E-A-P!

Tom

andicap
12-26-2001, 12:20 PM
Tom, you're wrong.
I spell the racetracks

S-T-U-P-I-D (M-O-R-O-N-S or I-D-I-O-T-S will do)

or even

S-H-O-R-T-S-I-G-H-T-E-D

mhrussell
12-26-2001, 07:06 PM
Thanks BillW for the website. Got it for today and I bookmarked it. Looks like Santa Anita heard me as the programs are available. Guess they just posted it late. It was strange as there wasn't even a menu item for "Programs" in their pop-up menu last night. That's what triggered my thought that they won't be offering online programs this year...

Anyway, I like BillW's TSN programs better anyway and I will start using those. Thanks again BillW...

It turned out that I had to work all day so I didn't make it out to the track with the rest of the family today. Looks like it saved me some bets too. (Funny, my experience is that everything seems to win when you get tied up with other stuff and can't make it out to bet. Not today though).

Happy New Year to all...