PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Payout in GP Rainbow 6 Moved up to Memorial Day (5/26)

JimmyQ
05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing/race-info/news/rainbow-6-mandatory-payout-set-memorial-day-may-26

JimmyQ

TMQ
05-10-2014, 02:48 PM
About time they made a decision...... Now the real question is how much money will be put in on the last day?

tanner12oz
05-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Well I'll be playing that's for sure...this will easily break all records

Tall One
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Well I'll be playing that's for sure...

+1

olddaddy
05-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Anyone with a couple dimes should be playing that.

dannyhill
05-10-2014, 11:50 PM
You gonna throw $2000 at it.:)

olddaddy
05-11-2014, 12:12 AM
You gonna throw $2000 at it.:)

It wouldnt be a bad investment.

Stillriledup
05-11-2014, 01:43 AM
The 6 races should be higher class races, with purses raised specifically for these 6 races and 72 hour detention barns, etc.

They need to treat these 6 races like the Breeders Cup.

jdhanover
05-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Watch someone hit it before then. Lol

If I'm track ownership I might put 2 all/all/all/all/all/all tickets in for each day leading up to Memorial Day. And/or shorten fields until then.
Then have large competitive fields that day.

jk3521
05-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Brother can you spare two dimes?

:D l

tanner12oz
05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Anyone have info on what the last couple force outs have paid? I know there wasn't this much in the kitty but I seem to remember a disappointing payout

lamboguy
05-11-2014, 02:10 PM
last years Rainbow paid $4300 on the last day. i remember because i hit it once on a very small ticket. it was a great payoff for the numbers.

theiman
05-11-2014, 08:59 PM
The 6 races should be higher class races, with purses raised specifically for these 6 races and 72 hour detention barns, etc.

They need to treat these 6 races like the Breeders Cup.

Its two weeks away and you cant suddenly alter the schedule to bring back the top barns.
The condition book is out and I doubt it will change

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing/horsemen/cb/condition-book-8

Go to page 15

horses4courses
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
It's pretty much a no-brainer for any serious handicapper to throw at least a few bucks at it.
I haven't played it once, but I will if it makes it to May 26th.

Even a small slice of those millions would be fine by me.... :ThmbUp:

theiman
05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Its two weeks away and you cant suddenly alter the schedule to bring back the top barns.
The condition book is out and I doubt it will change

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/racing/horsemen/cb/condition-book-8

Go to page 15
It is actually page 17

BettinBilly
05-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Gulfstream happens to be one of the Tracks I follow, so I frequently play the Track Lottery, err.... I mean the Rainbow 6.

Sure will be playing it with intent now.

Stillriledup
05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
There won't be as much "value" on short priced combos, but i have to imagine that old habits die hard and people who have been playing this bet regularly won't just all of a sudden put in "chalk" tickets.

With SO much money available, you have to wonder what kind of "shenanigans" might go on in these races.

Dahoss2002
05-14-2014, 02:15 AM
With SO much money available, you have to wonder what kind of "shenanigans" might go on in these races.

:) Do you think anyone would try to "FIX" a race to win money?? :D ;) . I have never heard of such :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
05-14-2014, 05:27 AM
:) Do you think anyone would try to "FIX" a race to win money?? :D ;) . I have never heard of such :rolleyes:

No, nobody fixes stuff, its all "honest mistakes" everyone is honest about photos and junk like that....you knew that thought, right? :D

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
hi-five baby!! :ThmbUp:

TMQ
05-14-2014, 11:49 PM
How much will be put in that day if it makes it? 5-10M?

Dahoss2002
05-15-2014, 02:31 AM
No, nobody fixes stuff, its all "honest mistakes" everyone is honest about photos and junk like that....you knew that thought, right? :D
Well I be darn :lol: I thought only the goobernment was trying to screw me! You mean the track will gimme the "wood" too? :eek:

BettinBilly
05-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Twinspires is offering a new Rainbow Six pool starting this afternoon at 3:30 with a cap of 30 K.

Last weeks's pool didn't do so well. ;)

Stillriledup
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Twinspires is offering a new Rainbow Six pool starting this afternoon at 3:30 with a cap of 30 K.

Last weeks's pool didn't do so well. ;)

They don't do well because they don't structure and handicap, they just try to "buy" the bet going all/all, etc. If a chalky combo comes in, they get crushed.

BettinBilly
05-15-2014, 03:48 PM
They don't do well because they don't structure and handicap, they just try to "buy" the bet going all/all, etc. If a chalky combo comes in, they get crushed.

Yea, I know SRU. I typically do not wager Pick Sixes, but since I play Gulfstream, I do play the Rainbow. As I posted earlier, IMO it is a Track Lottery, but what the heck. Lightning sometimes strikes.
And I don't do Pick Six Pools. I'd rather lose that money on my own.

Valuist
05-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know what day they draw entries for the GP Memorial Day card?

Bettowin
05-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Tomorrow they are going to do Sunday and Monday at the same time.

therussmeister
05-21-2014, 10:58 AM

The big question:
Anybody know what time the rain starts at GP on Memorial Day?

Valuist
05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Here's the entries for Monday:

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GP052614USA-EQB.html

Pensacola Pete
05-22-2014, 05:41 PM
About time they made a decision...... Now the real question is how much money will be put in on the last day?

It has to pay out on June 29th. That's the last day of their official racing season. This way, they pay it out on a busy day and can build up another mini jackpot for June 29th.

tanner12oz
05-22-2014, 08:19 PM
The big question:
Anybody know what time the rain starts at GP on Memorial Day?

I thought the same thing...

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 02:49 AM
So, here's a question i have.

What is the logic for Gulfstream having massive fields for the Rainbow 6? Is that so smaller bettors are priced out of even playing and the entire 6 mil goes to people who can afford 10k tickets?

Arent they costing themselves handle?Arent there people who will just skip the bet because it looks too daunting?

Hoofless_Wonder
05-23-2014, 03:29 AM

What is the logic for Gulfstream having massive fields for the Rainbow 6? Is that so smaller bettors are priced out of even playing and the entire 6 mil goes to people who can afford 10k tickets?

Arent they costing themselves handle?Arent there people who will just skip the bet because it looks too daunting?

The logic of carding larger fields seems pretty straight-forward to me. At 20 cents a combo, even the smaller bettors will think they have a shot, and with a one day surge in handle and the "bonus" of the $6-7M carryover, I think the syndicates will be drawn in as well - of course pounding the chalkier combos for multiple hits.

If they carded smaller fields with fewer combos, then not only would they not attract the syndicates, they would potentially drive away the small, greedy bettors like myself thinking, "Bah! Why play it? It's only going to pay $100..."

C'mon SRU, load up and play a ticket with four singles - 1x1x2x1x1x5 for $2......

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 04:46 AM
The logic of carding larger fields seems pretty straight-forward to me. At 20 cents a combo, even the smaller bettors will think they have a shot, and with a one day surge in handle and the "bonus" of the $6-7M carryover, I think the syndicates will be drawn in as well - of course pounding the chalkier combos for multiple hits.

If they carded smaller fields with fewer combos, then not only would they not attract the syndicates, they would potentially drive away the small, greedy bettors like myself thinking, "Bah! Why play it? It's only going to pay $100..."

C'mon SRU, load up and play a ticket with four singles - 1x1x2x1x1x5 for $2......

But if its only going to pay 100 dollars, crush it multiple times, bet a 10 dollar part wheel if you have a few singles....they have to give the 6 mil plus out no matter what.

As far as syndicates go, if its a "chalky" bet, the syndicates are still going to bet, they just won't bet a "caveman ticket" like twinspires might do.

Here's what syndicates might be thinking. If they have to put in a 10k ticket to hit it once, if a few favorites win, they may hit the thing and still lose money. BUT, if they can hone in on chalk, they can pound the combos for as much as they want to.

I know personally, if it was a bunch of short fields and a few "singles" i would put in a ticket, i'm not much into the "gambling" part of things, i want to feel like i've gone some sort of shot.

Also, its just more work, having to handicap 12 horse fields takes really long time, its more hours....there's no difference between hitting the pick 6 once and it pays 10k for 20 cents, or hitting the pick 6 ten times and it pays 1,000 for 20 cents and you cash for 10k.

It doesn't matter HOW you cash, hitting a big longshot combo once or hitting a smaller combo multiple times, its all the same, yet one is 'easier' to hit and the other one is harder.

Poindexter
05-23-2014, 04:58 AM

Cannot imagine there being a horse player with a pulse that will not take this on to some degree. I think most will take this on pretty strongly. Over 6 million dollars free money, 20 cent tickets giving even small players a a lot of bang for the buck and full fields making it tougher to hit and so many options. Actually, the more competitive the fields the bigger the handle will be. Even if 20 or 25million is bet into this, it is still positive expectation and there will be tons of sucker money. This is one of those moments in life that passing is NOT AN OPTION. Win or lose, tough or easy, you take a shot. I am big on criticizing the racing industry, but regarding Monday :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

it doesn't get any better than this.

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 05:29 AM
Cannot imagine there being a horse player with a pulse that will not take this on to some degree. I think most will take this on pretty strongly. Over 6 million dollars free money, 20 cent tickets giving even small players a a lot of bang for the buck and full fields making it tougher to hit and so many options. Actually, the more competitive the fields the bigger the handle will be. Even if 20 or 25million is bet into this, it is still positive expectation and there will be tons of sucker money. This is one of those moments in life that passing is NOT AN OPTION. Win or lose, tough or easy, you take a shot. I am big on criticizing the racing industry, but regarding Monday :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

it doesn't get any better than this.

Tracks feel that the more horses they get, the bigger the handle, but that's on the individual races, now i'm not suggesting to have 6 five horse fields, but a couple of 8 horse fields and a couple of 10 horse fields and maybe one 6 horse field and one 7 horse field will create a bigger betting handle because there will be less people saying "too hard".

People like yourself are playing no matter what, most people are, but the people on the fence, the shorter fields will get them to play, some will be priced out and skip it altogether.

I guess the biggest question would be: would there be anyone who has been counting the days to the force out SKIP the sequence because there are 8, 9 and 10 horse fields instead of all 12 horse fields?

Poindexter
05-23-2014, 06:14 AM
Tracks feel that the more horses they get, the bigger the handle, but that's on the individual races, now i'm not suggesting to have 6 five horse fields, but a couple of 8 horse fields and a couple of 10 horse fields and maybe one 6 horse field and one 7 horse field will create a bigger betting handle because there will be less people saying "too hard".

People like yourself are playing no matter what, most people are, but the people on the fence, the shorter fields will get them to play, some will be priced out and skip it altogether.

I guess the biggest question would be: would there be anyone who has been counting the days to the force out SKIP the sequence because there are 8, 9 and 10 horse fields instead of all 12 horse fields?

People will bet this thing if there are 6 4 horse fields in a row. Doesn't change the fact that the more entries there are, the more potential for value and the more the "skilled handicapper" should be able to separate himself from the crowd. Doesn't mean he will hit, but if he does hit, he should be able to get a nice payday because of the huge carryover, a ton of sucker money and the fact he is able to decipher the many variables better than other bettors.

From the racetracks point of view it is a no brainer. The more combos, the more the average bettor will bet, the more the syndicates will bet, the more that will be bet throughout the day as people who are forced to dissect 6 races will likely be betting them as well (especially once they lose(chasing) which is motive enough for Gulfstream to want this to be as tough as it can be). Yes a few will bow out because it my be too tough, but many more will be betting more. Also, from the Gulfstream's point of view they want it to be longshot after longshot. Imagine a 20 cent bet paying a million dollars to many people It could happen if the card is wide open enough(and it would be a pr bonanza if some local lottery player scores and makes the local news). It certainly will not happen if there are six 7 horse fields.

andtheyreoff
05-23-2014, 06:32 AM

It really takes a special kind of horseplayer to complain that fields are too big.

Even if the fields are supposedly too large for the rainbow 6, handle on the individual races will be up greatly.

netbet
05-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Monday GP PP's courtesy of DRF.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/drf-live-production/pp_pdf/GPMondaycard.pdf

parlay
05-23-2014, 01:49 PM
what makes you think its getting by sunday?

Valuist
05-23-2014, 02:29 PM
what makes you think its getting by sunday?

I was thinking that there could be a syndicate or two who could go in heavy this weekend. Wouldn't be a shock if they did.

netbet
05-23-2014, 03:03 PM
What if the syndicates decide to build up the bankroll for Monday and skip Sat/Sun?

I know it is highly unlikely.

lamboguy
05-23-2014, 03:58 PM
the last race is going to be a real heart breaker. i have never seen a maiden $12,500 on the turf in Gulfstream in my life until this year. i have a rule that when i play these things i never use more than 6 horses in a race, i came up with 7 so i am hoping for a scratch 1-5-6-9-11-12-14. its like a lottery!

Valuist
05-23-2014, 04:30 PM
What if the syndicates decide to build up the bankroll for Monday and skip Sat/Sun?

I know it is highly unlikely.

Its pretty much assumed they will have a lot of firepower ready for Monday. But that doesn't mean they won't have any for this weekend.

appistappis
05-23-2014, 04:38 PM
anybody care to guess what the final pool will be, I think about 10.5 mill.

Ocala Mike
05-23-2014, 08:03 PM

I would take the OVER on that.

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I would take the OVER on that.

You would have to imagine there is going to be close to 15 mil of new money, pool will go over 20m with the carryover.

Look at it this way. If there's 24 million in NEW money bet, there is going to be an approx 25% takeout, so 6 million comes out of the new 24, but gets put back in with the 6m carryover...so, anything less than 24 million in new money is a positive expectation, paying out more than they take in.

goatchaser
05-23-2014, 11:37 PM
3 Maiden races in the Rainbow Monday. Good Luck.

TMQ
05-23-2014, 11:56 PM
My guess in 19 million when it is all said and done! It will be a fun day at the track, chance for life changing money.

TMQ
05-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Anyone find anything they like yet? Look's like a really tough sequence ! :bang:

TMQ
05-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Going to single the :9: in race 9!

tanner12oz
05-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Philly ace could be a single...

hard to find a single in the 3 races that are atrocious

lamboguy
05-24-2014, 06:44 PM

hard to find a single in the 3 races that are atrociousi guarantee you that that horse will be in 96% of every ticket printed that day. i am going 3 deep in that rotten race.

lamboguy
05-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Going to single the :9: in race 9!this one is a stickout as well. if Angel Penna horse and this one both win the pick 6 won't pay $2500

TMQ
05-24-2014, 07:59 PM

hard to find a single in the 3 races that are atrocious
Not the horse i would want to single. The :3: :5: :8: scare me

sammy the sage
05-24-2014, 08:23 PM
hate to throw water on the fire....BUT....there's TOO MUCH money involved for a single anywhere...

a syndicate could pay the most obvious ones MORE than the purse too NOT go all out...

and heck...that even happens EVERY day at EVERY track for a VARIETY of reasons...for example...attempting to rate a speedball for 1st time...ECT., ect., ect....

but of course I'll be DONATING like everybody else :lol: :D

Valuist
05-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Joe's Blazing Aaron is a possible single, esp with Philly Ace in the 12 hole.

How about some bombers to add? In the opener, I'm using the 6, Are We Not Men, who's 15-1 in the m/l.

Dark Horse
05-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Syndicates all over this. There may be some disappointed winners when they find out how many winning tickets there are. Not to mention the temptation for the riders. Pass.

TMQ
05-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Syndicates all over this. There may be some disappointed winners when they find out how many winning tickets there are. Not to mention the temptation for the riders. Pass.
No matter how many winning tickets there are, It doesn't change the fact there will be close to 7 million $$$$$ of free money in the pool! You might be the only one at the track Monday passing this up!

Dark Horse
05-24-2014, 08:54 PM
No matter how many winning tickets there are, It doesn't change the fact there will be close to 7 million $$$$$ of free money in the pool! You might be the only one at the track Monday passing this up!

I wouldn't be surprised to see 200 winning tickets, resulting in a rather average pick 6 payout. I also don't see why a jockey in a 12K claiming race would be interested in that race. But I hope I'm wrong. I may drop by and play some extreme longshots. Good luck to all.

theguarantee
05-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Quick handicap (and an admittedly non-handicap of the last race)and I came up with the below aggressive ticket:

12/7,11/1,3,9/2/7,9,12/ALL

Wouldn't play it without more work but interested to hear how people plan to attack this. I don't play pk-6 pools and have never played this particular pool at all. With all of the excess money and syndicates getting involved where does the value lie? Is it in finding the long odds winners or does all the money actually make the logicals the overlays?

TMQ
05-24-2014, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see 200 winning tickets, resulting in a rather average pick 6 payout. I also don't see why a jockey in a 12K claiming race would be interested in that race. But I hope I'm wrong. I may drop by and play some extreme longshots. Good luck to all.
200 winning tickets would still be over 50k!

Dark Horse
05-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Quick handicap (and an admittedly non-handicap of the last race)and I came up with the below aggressive ticket:

12/7,11/1,3,9/2/7,9,12/ALL

Wouldn't play it without more work but interested to hear how people plan to attack this. I don't play pk-6 pools and have never played this particular pool at all. With all of the excess money and syndicates getting involved where does the value lie? Is it in finding the long odds winners or does all the money actually make the logicals the overlays?

If there were 12 horses in each race, it would cost about 3 million to cover every combination with a $1 ticket (the minimum ticket for this pick 6 is much lower). From there it becomes a game of toss-outs rather than picks.

The easiest way to toss out most tickets (and grab that money) is for a few of the biggest longshots of the day to win. I don't trust the integrity of horse racing enough to think that second rate jockeys with poor families in Puerto Rico are not considering their options.

Dark Horse
05-24-2014, 09:21 PM
200 winning tickets would still be over 50k!

Which you could get for many carryover pick 6's.

Valuist
05-24-2014, 09:21 PM

They will pump tens of thousands into it hoping they will be one of a few tickets. If its relatively logical, they will be screwed.

JohnGalt1
05-24-2014, 09:22 PM
This is also the only day where multiple tickets you play WON'T hurt your winnings.

Dark Horse
05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
They will pump tens of thousands into it hoping they will be one of a few tickets. If its relatively logical, they will be screwed.

So a good chance they'll try to get through to the riders. Longshot city looms.

TMQ
05-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Which you could get for many carryover pick 6's.
Doubtful, this will be the largest pick 6 pool in US history. Not to mention it is a $0.20 wager. Most large carry over's are $2.00

sammy the sage
05-24-2014, 09:54 PM
if on up & up after capping...expect 2000 winning tix at 5k a pop...not bad...

that is a MIGHTY BIG IF how-ever....

therussmeister
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM
They will also cover the logical winners multiple times. If I were planing to spend tens of thousands, I would cover the logical favorites at least 50 times, if not more.

SandyW
05-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Way more, between 15 and 20 million including the carryover.

Rookies
05-25-2014, 12:09 AM
My group, which grabbed an $8800 piece at Woodbine for the High 5, is definitely taking a shot here. :jump:

ten2oneormore
05-25-2014, 07:44 AM
if on up & up after capping...expect 2000 winning tix at 5k a pop...not bad...

that is a MIGHTY BIG IF how-ever....

No way

Last year on closing day I think it paid $4,234ish and that was with a .10 cent base and only a 1.9 mill carry.The sequence was terribly chalky too.Opening the first two races with less than even money winners and then a parade of 2 thru 4-1 horses.

Have to think at the bare minimum it pays 10K tomorrow.

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Love the conspiracy theorists...I doubt the carryover will have any impact on longshots/faves. Even if you 'planted' a longshot, you still have to hit the other 5 races to cash. And your longshot may still get beat in the race. Don't see that. Yes, some longshots may hit (and very well might given the size of some of the fields and that a few races are being talked about as 'wide open', but not because of the conspiracy.

I was thinking about how this bet is a decent bet for the small player.

Likely field size:

Race 5: 12 (maidens)
Race 6: 11 (more maidens, many FTS)
Race 7: 12
Race 8: 11 (cheap claimers)
Race 9: 12
Race 10: 12 (more maidens)

Lets assume you are a very good handicapper and your top 4 choices in races of these types and field sizes hit at 75% (I know there are those who claim this, but I am skeptical...as I said, this field size and these types of races)

A 4x4x4x4x4x4 ticket is $819.20 if my math is right. This gives you a 18% (5/1) chance of hitting (again if my math is right). A 'big bettor' - yes, this makes a lot of sense to me. But a smaller bettor needs to cut this bet down.

Say the top 2 choices are 55% (approx what the betting public's top 2 are though not sure it is that high in big fields and maiden races) then

2x2x2x2x2x2 $12.80 for a less than 3% chance. I guess this is like playing a 30/1 shot...payoff would exceed that so maybe that is the type of value bet. I am guessing though that in at least 3 of these races a handicapper will need
to go 3 deep to get the 55% chance or thereabouts. Ticket price goes up to $43.20 Not unreasonable.

In the end, I think the bettor needs to figure out his/her comfort level betting on this but putting in the context of "how much do I risk on a 30/1 or 10/1 or 5/1 shot" and then adjust accordingly.

Does this make sense? Am I thinking about this right?

wiffleball whizz
05-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Make no mistake about it.....there will be a boat race in the sequence and there will be a few horses going dead.....

Integrity level will be at a all time low

And for the people who don't think the 12 horse fields will scare the small money away you have to go back to school

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 01:33 PM
People dont realize how much money 20 million bucks is...even if it chalks out it will GROSSLY overpay...

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 01:49 PM
People dont realize how much money 20 million bucks is...even if it chalks out it will GROSSLY overpay...

True but with all big fields there is likely to be one price horse...that will scare small bettors

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Looks like two longshots start today's P6 ... how pissed would GP be if it got hit today???

dannyhill
05-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Looks like two longshots start today's P6 ... how pissed would GP be if it got hit today???
I know Calder (CDI) execs would hate to see that.:lol:

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 03:22 PM
The 3 in the 5th was a popular choice also..if he sinks then I think we might be in trouble

Bennie
05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
I used the 8 in the 4th on one of my tickets off his "back numbers" but passed on the 1 in the 3rd and only used the 6 and 4 trying to "save" some money for tomorrow. Used the 7 in the 5th, the 8 in the 6th and the 5 in the 8th as some price horses to go with what looked like chalk city today. I hope others saw the same things and if it is hit, I hope there are multi tickets so we can all try again tomorrow.

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 03:45 PM
$325,000 in the pool today, so about 1.6 million tix. Hoping there are a few lives ones on each horse in the finale, but getting a bit dicey.

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 04:13 PM
First 3 races appeared on paper to be the chalk or single races and we went 0-3..the 1 in the 4th leg was Ron nicolettis top selection on the website so might have influenced some

Hoofless_Wonder
05-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Got hit today for $6.6 M. :)

Played it today for the first time in months, thinking it might go down, but didn't get a sniff on my $21 ticket.....

No reason to play tomorrow....

Dark Horse
05-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Best day to take it down.

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 05:34 PM
some of those weren't even that long...amazing...

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Cost GP a lot of $$$$

Most likely saved me $$ tomorrow! :lol:

ten2oneormore
05-25-2014, 07:00 PM
winning ticket

https://twitter.com/DRFWelsch/status/470698390251008000/photo/1

horses4courses
05-25-2014, 07:02 PM
winning ticket

Maybe the guy can afford a manicure now...... ;)

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 07:05 PM
winning ticket

wow - race (s)he went 2 deep (s)he threw out the 9/5 fave

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Maybe the guy can afford a manicure now...... ;)

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING LOL

ten2oneormore
05-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Welsch twitter

Just got off phone with winner of R6 jackpot, none other than Dan Borislow of Magic Jack fame and owner of Kentucky Derby starter, Talk Is Money in 2001,
also owned Toccet

ten2oneormore
05-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Wow that was fast...His wikipedia page already says on 5/25/2014 he hit the Gulfstream Park Rainbow Six paying $6.6 million. His winning Rainbow 6 ticket was all/all/all/1,4/all/all cost $7,603.20

Guy is already a gazillionaire

and Borislow sold his stock for a reported $200 – $300 million and retired.

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 07:37 PM
He actually had two tix. the other had two other horses in the 6th race.

So he went all in everything except keyed that race. With money you can do these things!

In a way, it sucks...would have been a chance for the little guy to get a score tomorrow if it carried over.

horses4courses
05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Wow that was fast...His wikipedia page already says on 5/25/2014 he hit the Gulfstream Park Rainbow Six paying $6.6 million. His winning Rainbow 6 ticket was all/all/all/1,4/all/all cost $7,603.20

Guy is already a gazillionaire

and Borislow sold his stock for a reported $200 – $300 million and retired.

He's exactly the type of bettor who should be playing the PK6.
You need a huge bankroll to play that bet.

I play it less than a handful of times per year.
Was getting all set for some early morning handicapping tomorrow, and blowing $20-30...... :lol:

BettinBilly
05-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Beychok Tweeted that he will be in season 2 of "Horseplayers"

Shelby
05-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Beychok Tweeted that he will be in season 2 of "Horseplayers"
Seriously?

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 07:52 PM
I agree its kinda irritating for the small player

Shelby
05-25-2014, 07:58 PM
I was really looking forward to playing tomorrow. Was going to be the highlight of the 3 day weekend for my husband and I. Very disappointing.

I guess I should have been smart enough to play today LOL but my bankroll isn't even close to what that guy spent. Sigh.

RunForTheRoses
05-25-2014, 08:00 PM
He's exactly the type of bettor who should be playing the PK6.
You need a huge bankroll to play that bet.

I play it less than a handful of times per year.
Was getting all set for some early morning handicapping tomorrow, and blowing $20-30...... :lol:

Yeah, I was getting ready to put in $120-180 and now this 1% MFer rains on my parade (ok LOL and class envy off).

thaskalos
05-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Won't Gulfstream put up a million dollars as seed money for tomorrow's 20-cent pick-6?

Shelby
05-25-2014, 08:06 PM
He's damn lucky no one else won it with him.......I would like to see both of his tickets to see how he structured them. If he would have won on both of his tickets it would not have paid the whole thing, correct? Because it can only have one winning ticket?

Shelby
05-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Won't Gulfstream put up a million dollars as seed money for tomorrow's 20-cent pick-6?

Will they? I read they will seed next Fridays with $50,000.

BettinBilly
05-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Seriously?

Yes, well, at least that is what he tweeted.

Here is the exact tweet;

Beychok Racing @BeychokRacing

This Just In! Season 2 of @horseplayers to be sponsored by @magicjack & feature new cast member - Dan Borislaw @raypaulick @GoGoLuckeyEnt

whodoyoulike
05-25-2014, 08:27 PM
He's damn lucky no one else won it with him.......I would like to see both of his tickets to see how he structured them. If he would have won on both of his tickets it would not have paid the whole thing, correct? Because it can only have one winning ticket?

That would've been a pisser.

horses4courses
05-25-2014, 08:40 PM

Correct.

I wonder how much he has played thus far chasing that rainbow?
Naturally, he's way out in front after that score today, but he has
likely invested well into six figures if he plays $7K tickets very often.

He may have stepped up bigger this time with tomorrow looming.
That jackpot has been huge for some time, though.
I have a feeling that he was a major contributor up to this point.

Wow- they are interviewing Daniel Borislow live on HRTV right now.
Good for him! :ThmbUp:

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Said he played 15k worth today..not including hedges

dannyhill
05-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Tomorrow may still be a mandatory payout. Still be a decent size pool.

BettinBilly
05-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Said he played 15k worth today..not including hedges

15k for 6 Mil - R.O.I. Big time.

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 09:00 PM

I have a feeling alot of the pick 6 money will make its way into the pick 5 which has a carryover

JimmyQ
05-25-2014, 09:34 PM

Tote machine at Palm Beach only lets you put in a ticket up to 10k...so it was really a 15k ticket that in the leg that he didn't hit ALL he had 4 horses. 2 horses on one ticket and 2 on the other. It was basically one big ticket divided up b/c of the machine

JimmyQ

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM

Why...they're not "seeding" til Fri...50k worth..

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Tote machine at Palm Beach only lets you put in a ticket up to 10k...so it was really a 15k ticket that in the leg that he didn't hit ALL he had 4 horses. 2 horses on one ticket and 2 on the other. It was basically one big ticket divided up b/c of the machine

JimmyQ

posted in the other thread...still can't believe the track didn't blow 70k just to MAKE SURE there WAS a carry-over.. :faint:

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Pretty sure that's illegal...i would hate to be putting my hard earned dollars into a pool that i had no chance of winning because the track.was hedging behind the scenes

TucsonGreyhound
05-25-2014, 09:59 PM
posted in the other thread...still can't believe the track didn't blow 70k just to MAKE SURE there WAS a carry-over.. :faint:

My thoughts as well.

Probably only needed a $10k investment to make sure all the unplayed combos would be covered.

Hard to believe track management couldn't find a way to spread a bunch of these wagers around the country.

Much shadier things have been done, and we are talking $4-5 million of takeout this cost them.

dannyhill
05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
My thoughts as well.

Probably only needed a $10k investment to make sure all the unplayed combos would be covered.

Hard to believe track management couldn't find a way to spread a bunch of these wagers around the country.

Much shadier things have been done, and we are talking $4-5 million of takeout this cost them.
Don't think they would risk their casino license.

Ray
05-25-2014, 10:19 PM
U r not looking at this right it was $15k to buy all the races.. If gulf was gonna do this they would need to do it twice because if u just buy all in every races once It's possible that ticket could be the only one .now wouldn't that be something if they did just all every race and ended up taking down the rainbow6 oh boy!!!

thaskalos
05-25-2014, 10:41 PM
We have been consistently blaming the racetracks for the indifference that they show towards the players...and now we ridicule a track for not screwing the players out of a multi-million dollar payoff?

Unbelievable...

JimmyQ
05-25-2014, 10:43 PM
We have been consistently blaming the racetracks for the indifference that they show towards the players...and now we ridicule a track for not screwing the players out of a multi-million dollar payoff?

Unbelievable...

Well Said

JimmyQ

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 10:43 PM

Unbelievable...

can't win can they... :D

Valuist
05-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Karma payback for the Feb. 22 fiasco.

TMQ
05-25-2014, 10:57 PM
it was hit because many players backed off this weekend to build their bankroll! The horses that won didn't go off that long at all....

Valuist
05-25-2014, 11:12 PM
So you've studied Monday's GP card for races 5-10. I'm still betting the card. Just not the Pic 6.

horses4courses
05-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Dan Borislow is the inventor of magicjack - voice over the internet phone accessory.
Made him a very wealthy man. Seems he is a soccer fanatic, also, in addition to his passion for horse racing.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/magicjack-inventor-a-palm-beacher-wins-big-at-trac/nf7KQ/

and a less than flattering article from ESPN on his involvement in women's professional soccer:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/8336849/why-hope-solo-abby-wambach-back-magicjack-owner-dan-borislow-espn-magazine

Light
05-26-2014, 12:25 AM
From article:

Borislow, who came up with magicJack as a way to sell the Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, bet every horse in the third, fourth, fifth, seventh and eighth races, along with two starters in the sixth race. The gamble cost him just over $7,600, and the payoff wound up being nearly 900 times that much.

And I was thinking whoever won this can really handicap :rolleyes:

garyscpa
05-26-2014, 12:34 AM
From article:

And I was thinking whoever won this can really handicap :rolleyes:

He can. He figured he'd have a better chance to take down the whole pool today than tomorrow.

Light
05-26-2014, 12:38 AM
He can. He figured he'd have a better chance to take down the whole pool today than tomorrow.

That has nothing to do with being a good handicapper. It has to do with being a good bettor.And he's fortunate to have the means to do it on a massive scale.

garyscpa
05-26-2014, 12:50 AM
That has nothing to do with being a good handicapper. It has to do with being a good bettor.And he's fortunate to have the means to do it on a massive scale.

He handicapped the opportunity.

Fingal
05-26-2014, 01:39 AM
Definitely. With all the tickets coming in tomorrow covering every combination there was no way there would be a single winning ticket. This way there was a chance to be the only ticket, & I'd hazard to say that most big bettors were leaving this bet alone untill there would be a mandatory payout. For this ticket risking 7k & getting a payoff over 6 mil ? Monday that same amount bet might not even break even or even be worth the risk for the possible return.

Well played sir, well played.......

tanner12oz
05-26-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone here could have hit this with 15k of disposable income

ManU918
05-26-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone here could have hit this with 15k of disposable income

Probably not the case but there are tons of people on and off of this forum who are part of groups that go after big carryovers. This guy caught everyone/group with their pants down. Good for him... I don't care how rich he is.... In most cases he would just be adding money to the carryover but he took a shot and was rewarded and for that I applaud him.

Vinman
05-26-2014, 09:51 AM
Meanwhile, Ken Ramsey, who shipped a number of horses in for this Rainbow 6 finale card and brought down Joe Bravo to ride 'em, is no doubt kicking himself for not investing what turned out to be "only" $28,512 after scratches...twice, to ensure that the pool would not be hit yesterday. How long would it take Kitten's Joy to make 57K in the breeding shed.

Among those caught with their pants down the lowest of all was the Gulfstream racing office, who thought they'd get away with carding what ultimately became four 6 horse fields, thereby making the "whale" move Mr. Borislov made to "ALL" those 5 races far less costly than usual.

I think a lesson has been learned here by Gulfstream that will result in this type of thing not happening again. Mr. Borislow found a hole and ran to daylight.

Vinman

davew
05-26-2014, 11:55 AM
still mandatory payout of no carryover today?

Vinman
05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Mandatory payout today still in effect. They must pay out whatever is bet into the pool today. For that reason, they may get a halfway decent pool, if only a mere fraction of what they would have handled if the 6MM carryover was still intact.

Vinman

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Mandatory payout today still in effect. They must pay out whatever is bet into the pool today. For that reason, they may get a halfway decent pool, if only a mere fraction of what they would have handled if the 6MM carryover was still intact.

Vinman

they could still get 500k or a million into this pool today. Its still a good bet, 20 cent bet, wide open fields, mandatory payout is the key which would mean its a conventional pick 6 and if nobody hits 6, you get a nice chunk for having 5, so i think lots of people who handicapped this bet, are still going to bet something into it

tanner12oz
05-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Anyone have pool info yet? I'll play for something like a million if they can get it

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Anyone have pool info yet? I'll play for something like a million if they can get it

250k in pool first flash, they'll get 750 or a million i would imagine.

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 04:11 PM
250k in pool first flash, they'll get 750 or a million i would imagine.

Final pool 780k.

Valuist
05-26-2014, 05:54 PM
GP shamelessly delayed the start of the 5th (Pic 6), the 6th (Pic 5) and 7th (Pic 4) to tried and get every penny of handle. Too long between races. No need for 40 minutes between the 4th and 5th with no carryover. We see cold weather tracks shorten time between races. Should've been done today.

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 05:58 PM
GP shamelessly delayed the start of the 5th (Pic 6), the 6th (Pic 5) and 7th (Pic 4) to tried and get every penny of handle. Too long between races. No need for 40 minutes between the 4th and 5th with no carryover. We see cold weather tracks shorten time between races. Should've been done today.

No need to delay the first leg of the pick 6 any more than they normally delay it. If there was a HUGE carryover today, than i would think the right thing to do is have 45 mins to post just for the first leg of that race, than run the card like normal.

I agree, no reason to drag it out. But, then again, if they really cared about the customers, they would have had a huge force out on the day the real horses and real trainers and real jocks left the scene.

Shelby
05-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Still paid over 12,000. Not too shabby.

Poindexter
05-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Pick 5 with carryover turned out to be a robbery relatively speaking. 50 cent pick 5 paid $2598. Which means 1039.20 on a 20 cent scale. Multiliply that by an $8.20 horse in the 4th which brings us to $4260.72 vs $12,796.04 for the rainbow 6. Ouch.

1GCFAN
05-26-2014, 08:17 PM
It been public knowledge about the delayed start for several days. Printed and posted everywhere same as the mandatory payout. They had to do it or risk upset customers.

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Pick 5 with carryover turned out to be a robbery relatively speaking. 50 cent pick 5 paid $2598. Which means 1039.20 on a 20 cent scale. Multiliply that by an $8.20 horse in the 4th which brings us to $4260.72 vs $12,796.04 for the rainbow 6. Ouch.

That's brutal.

Valuist
05-27-2014, 09:56 AM
It been public knowledge about the delayed start for several days. Printed and posted everywhere same as the mandatory payout. They had to do it or risk upset customers.

And once the carryover was gone, they should've changed the time between the 4th and 5th from 45 to 25 minutes. They screw around in the final "minute" anyways (which turned out to be more than additional 5 minutes). They did this not only before race 5 but before races 6 and 7. So they had a small carryover for the P5. Big deal. This wasn't the Kentucky Derby.

Post times get bumped up frequently at the northern tracks in bitter cold weather. It can be done.

BettinBilly
05-27-2014, 12:47 PM
The only "Pick X" I have ever won has been at Beulah Park. I've won the Pick 3 twice. And of course the payout was very small on both occasions.

I really look at the Pick Six as a Track Lottery. Yes, handicapping helps, but so much is luck, it's a crap shoot to win.

Having 7 plus grand to throw at a huge Jackpot sure helps though.

Stillriledup
05-27-2014, 05:09 PM

Thought of maybe why the R6 paid so well.....can we be sure that every dollar that was bet into the Rainbow 6 bet it as a conventional pick 6 and not a jackpot situation where it pays to use as many hopeless longshots as possible?

I think that plenty of bad longshots probably had more money on them than usual, maybe that was a little factor in why the price paid so well.

wiffleball whizz
05-27-2014, 05:43 PM
The only "Pick X" I have ever won has been at Beulah Park. I've won the Pick 3 twice. And of course the payout was very small on both occasions.

I really look at the Pick Six as a Track Lottery. Yes, handicapping helps, but so much is luck, it's a crap shoot to win.

Having 7 plus grand to throw at a huge Jackpot sure helps though.

$2 pick6 is for 2 people....millionaires and morons...

The millionaires that put in the $15,700 tickets and the morons that put in the $48 tickets....

And I don't want to hear about the guy who win 200k with the $16 ticket cuz that's 1 in a million

Saratoga_Mike
05-27-2014, 05:45 PM

The millionaires that put in the $15,700 tickets and the morons that put in the $48 tickets....

And I don't want to hear about the guy who win 200k with the $16 ticket cuz that's 1 in a million

On a $2 base, you need to play at least $800 to $1,000 to have adequate coverage and that's using Steve Crist's ABC system of play.

the little guy
05-27-2014, 05:52 PM

That's BS. I have hit more than a few Pick-6s for reasonable money. I hit one for $154K on a $528 play. $141K for $192 and one for about $10K for just over $200. I agree that small plays ( under $100 if not more ) are basically not the way to go, but depending on the card, there are exceptions.

BettinBilly
05-27-2014, 06:09 PM
That's BS. I have hit more than a few Pick-6s for reasonable money. I hit one for $154K on a $528 play. $141K for $192 and one for about $10K for just over $200. I agree that small plays ( under $100 if not more ) are basically not the way to go, but depending on the card, there are exceptions.

Wow. Congrats.

wiffleball whizz
05-27-2014, 06:10 PM

With all due respect 99.9 percent of people that bet horses don't have your knowledge....with nyra being the most popular signal throughout the country your the sharpest player betting the circuit....

And a $528 play isn't a small ticket.....

Your good enough to isolate 2 or 3 singles in a sequence that aren't 7/5 or 4/5...more like 4/1 or 6/1....."they" can't do that

whodoyoulike
05-27-2014, 06:42 PM

Very nice. I no longer play Pk6's. But, would you mind letting us know how you structured your tickets i.e., 2x4x etc.? What type of payout(s) were you anticipating for each? If you can recall? It would help get an idea of what's involved.

Thanks.

Saratoga_Mike
05-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Steve Crist wrote in his book on betting exotics that his minimum play (in a traditional $2 Pick Six) is $400. Betting less just gives one too little coverage, according to Mr. Crist. You may be the exception to this rule, but for most I think it's a good one.

Poindexter
05-27-2014, 08:17 PM
If you do not have the bankroll, start with 50 cent pick 5's(or even pick 4's, learn the strategies of structuring tickets and build a bankroll. If you can't build a bankroll in cheaper pick 5's and pick 4's, you shouldn't be betting $2 pick sixes anyhow and whatever you do lose will be small change relative to what you may lose in the more expensive pick six chase. Also you will make a lot of mistakes(unfortunately for some of us this never seems to go away :lol: :lol: :lol:) so better to gain the education through the cheaper methods. The key to these multi win exotics is really getting in touch with your opinion. There are a lot of great (cost cutting methods) in making these wagers, just make sure you use a method that works with your opinion for the day at hand. For example if you are spreading 4 wide open races and you are really struggling to find a top choice in all 4 of these races, it would be pretty stupid to play requiring 2 of your 4 A(top) choices to win(that is just to hard for those types of races-1 of 4 would be about the best you can reasonably expect and even that might be tough). Sure it may make the play more affordable and strangely enough you may actually once in a while get the job done, but more often than not you will be donating. There is a tendency of falling in love with methods and working the cards into your methods, which is a huge mistake. Either one of the methods you use fit the card at hand, or you should not use the method that day. The problem is when you are chasing huge carryovers, you can get very desperate and find that the only way you can make a play (within your bankroll or comfort level) is to require needing 2 of 4 A choices in wide open races-you need to learn to say no which is very tough when there is a 2 million dollar carryover in your face.....

JohnGalt1
05-27-2014, 08:40 PM
This reminds me of those that do, do and those that don't can't figure out how they do, so say it's virtually impossible.

I have hit 8 pick sixes, four were at Canterbury, Hollywood, Santa Anita, Bay Meadows, and I can't off the top of my head remember which tracks the other 4 were. maybe I hit more than one at the listed tracks.

My biggest ticket was $320 at Santa Anita because there was $2.5 million in the pool and more importantly I could make a ticket that I believed had a great shot for at least 5 of 6 to at least get something.

I went 5/6 with Pincay's horse leading by 3 in the stretch and a horse 5 widths wide swept past him. Five paid $980 if I remember correctly.

But that same day my $48 ticket won the pick 6 at Bay Meadows (RIP) and returned $14k.

Other than the $320 ticket my largest was $240, once, but most are around $100 or less.

I seldom play, either because a card is too tough for me, or the Rainbow abominations I would only play on closing day.

My structure is always one ticket. I don't want a bunch of 4/6's.

If I hit the pick 6 I also get as many 5/6's multiplied by the extra horses on the ticket.

In my opinion winning a Hi-5 is much harder and picking winners is much easier than picking 4th and 5th place horses.

Poindexter
05-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Thought of maybe why the R6 paid so well.....can we be sure that every dollar that was bet into the Rainbow 6 bet it as a conventional pick 6 and not a jackpot situation where it pays to use as many hopeless longshots as possible?

I think that plenty of bad longshots probably had more money on them than usual, maybe that was a little factor in why the price paid so well.

I do no think that was the key factor here. Just a hunch but the owner of Cage Fighter and Joes Blazing Aaron mentioning he was singling both of them in this article

Article (http://www.drf.com/news/ramsey-might-hold-key-rainbow-pick-six)

Something tells me he focused most if not all of his money into the pick 5(because of the carryover). When both singles got there I think he had to clean up. Also a couple of the winners in the sequence came up fairly live on the toteboard. The 7 horse that won at 5/2 was solidly bet and the 2 horse who won at 6-1 or 7-1 but was a solid 3rd choice in the pick 3 will pays for that race. The only other winner was the last race who should have been nowhere near 16-1(Both timeform and Bris had very solid figures for this horse 3 and 4 races back).

Assuming I am right (and even if I am not right, had the 6 million dollars still been in the carryover pool he definitely would have been live to the field in the last) it leads to an interesting point. He owned the favorite(heavily bet) in the last race and I assume bought the last race or close to it(or would have had the Rainbow six carryover remained). I know it is a clear violation of racing rules to bet against your own horse and even though he singled 2 of his own horses(which he was actually nice enough to share his honest opinion about who he was singling and who he wasn't singling), spreading a race that you have a horse in(especially the favorite) is a definite conflict of interest..............................I also assume he was smart enough to have someone else(unrelated) buy the tickets.

rrpic6
05-28-2014, 02:00 AM

I've had over 100 Pick 6 winning tickets in my career, all relatively affordable, spending anywhere from $64 to $360. Only once did I go overboard, about 10 years ago trying to hit a huge carryover at Ellis Park. I spent 5K and did not hit. The lesson there is to construct a ticket that you think will win at any cost. If its too much for your budget on that day, then pass and wait for a better opportunity. BTW, I'm glad the Rainbow was hit Sunday as my $240 ticket for Monday would have been only 4 of 6 winners.

RR

Light
05-28-2014, 03:02 AM
My $8 p6 ticket returned $50K at GG and I was the only ticket . (That's when GG had more than 4 horses a race). When you play with a limited budget, you have to be sharp. I don't like playing big tickets because they make your handicapping sloppy and careless with a false sense of confidence.

tanner12oz
05-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I have played the pick 6 4 times I think with 1 hit and two 5/6 payouts..none of these were 10's of thousands but the tickets weren't either...
its doable..

rain washouts in ny are good plays at times...fields shrink but handicapping quality seems to go downhill with it...beat the super faces and get paid

whodoyoulike
05-28-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm glad for him. I understand he was already wealthy. I just wonder how many GP pick 6's he made during this season and if they were of the $7k variety? To give me some perspective was it only 1 or 10, 20, 30, xx??

What do you think?

AndyC
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz

I've had over 100 Pick 6 winning tickets in my career, all relatively affordable, spending anywhere from $64 to $360. Only once did I go overboard, about 10 years ago trying to hit a huge carryover at Ellis Park. I spent 5K and did not hit. The lesson there is to construct a ticket that you think will win at any cost. If its too much for your budget on that day, then pass and wait for a better opportunity. BTW, I'm glad the Rainbow was hit Sunday as my $240 ticket for Monday would have been only 4 of 6 winners.

RR

My P-6 experience mirrors yours. Over 100 wins and didn't break the bank to do it. Also won a win P-9 at Oak Tree on a whopping $24 ticket.

ManU918
05-28-2014, 08:03 PM
And a $528 play isn't a small ticket.....

A $2 pick six ticket that totals $528 is extremely small. If you don't think so try playing the Gulfstream .20 cent pick six and see how many times you can hit it on a $52.80 ticket or if you're bored act as if Belmont offers a .20 cent pick 6 wager and put together a ticket that totals $52.80 and see how long it takes you to hit one.

Bettowin
05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
We had a $1400 rainbow ticket ready to go for Monday. Just as we were finalizing it on Sunday we found out the damn thing had been hit so we didn't play it. We had the first 5 winners on Monday and missed the 8 in race 10 so it worked out for the best:)

therussmeister
05-29-2014, 05:16 PM

If there were twelve horses in every race, hitting it on a $16 ticket would be 1 in 373,248, not one in a million. But when was the last time you saw twelve horses in every race?