PDA

View Full Version : Darvish no hitter attempt in 9th vs Boston

Stillriledup
05-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Sox coming up for last licks, Rangers with 8-0 lead. Darvish 3 outs away from No No.

JustRalph
05-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Big Papi gets a hit with 2 out......... :bang: :bang:

3rd time this has happen to Darvish.

He looked great!

cj's dad
05-09-2014, 11:52 PM
watched it on the MLB network- Harold Reynolds saying vehemently that the untouched fly ball to shallow right in the 8th was a hit- the other 2 on set disagreed with him.

I hated to see "Big Sloppy" break up the no-no.

O's in 1st- Socks are under 500= life is good

Stillriledup
05-10-2014, 05:02 AM
I kind of thought that too, i've seen times in the past where if nobody touches the ball and it drops, its a hit. Its not a good rule though because this was a very "easy" chance so in reality, it would have been unfair to Darvish to give up a hit on a technicality, it was technically an "easy chance" that wasnt made.

I don't know the exact rule however, maybe it could be an error if the rulebook says that its up to the official scorer to make a judgement call.

cj's dad
05-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I kind of thought that too, i've seen times in the past where if nobody touches the ball and it drops, its a hit. Its not a good rule though because this was a very "easy" chance so in reality, it would have been unfair to Darvish to give up a hit on a technicality, it was technically an "easy chance" that wasnt made.

I don't know the exact rule however, maybe it could be an error if the rulebook says that its up to the official scorer to make a judgement call.

As explained during the MLB broadcast, the official scorer who is an employee of MLB and not the home team has the option to rule an error if he feels that the ball should have been caught.