PDA

View Full Version : SA Sat

SAL
04-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Picks for Santa Anita Saturday:

R1 - #5 Cooperstown-Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take the lead in this field. The ml fav hasn’t shown much early lick lately, so this dropper may get first jump on him. Price will be low, so DD and P3 may be the way to go here.

R2 - #3 Purple Toi-Comes out of strong heat where others have returned to win. Was much the best in last, traveling at least 3 wide most of the way. Hasn’t missed a beat in the am, gets Espinoza today.

R3 - #5 Ata Olympio-Looked real good last time, Desourmeax may sit off the pace with him today.

R4 - #6 Waki American-Like him better of the two Carava runners. Old veteran has back class and doesn’t need the lead to win. Solis takes the mount.

More to come……

SAL
04-17-2004, 04:18 PM
R5 - #3 Onda Calida-One of two droppers from MSW ranks. This one’s been working well in the am for second try, gets Desourmeaux today.

R6 - #Letra de Cambio-Probably wasn’t presevered with in last race taken off the turf. Has been in steady training since, and will be a nice price today.

R7 - #6 Argentinisima-Set a hot pace last time, but the running lines from overseas seem to indicate that’s not his best running style. Still hung tough though, and will probably move up off that effort. Gets no win jock today so price should be ample.

R8 - #9 Outraged-Strong barn and eyecatching works points him out. 3/1 or better and I’ll bet him.

R9 – Pass-Favorite too tough to bet against.

R10 - #5 Our Southern Pearl-Barn does well with laid up runners. Drops back into mcl and found a weak field to make amends. 5/1 is what I’m looking for.

chickenhead
04-18-2004, 08:39 PM
I played him as well, he's looking good right now. Nice race.