PDA

View Full Version : DANZA out of Preakness

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 07:18 PM
He will train for Belmont

lamboguy
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
that's a cute move that's not going to work this time like it worked for Bobby Frankel and EMPIRE MAKER.

BettinBilly
05-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Yep. Was just about to post that.

Just got a Tweet from Christina Blacker at HRTV re: Danza will not run in Preakness. He will train up to the Belmont.

This is going to be an interesting race to Cap around Chrome.

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Chrome W/ Kid Cruz

ICE COLD EXACTA

BettinBilly
05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Chrome W/ Kid Cruz

ICE COLD EXACTA

Nice pick. Me thinks you may be correct.

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Nice pick. Me thinks you may be correct.

only bad thing about it is it almost seems to easy....

lamboguy
05-08-2014, 07:42 PM
i think the exacta comes from the horses that ran in the derby.

beefas
05-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Me smell a 7 horse race, with chrome at 2/1..:( I'd love to see a longshot win this but I think it's going to be a chrome , kid Cruz, ring weekend trifecta!

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Me smell a 7 horse race, with chrome at 2/1..:( I'd love to see a longshot win this but I think it's going to be a chrome , kid Cruz, ring weekend trifecta!

ring weekend is a turd... see the calder derby

porchy44
05-08-2014, 08:44 PM

If Chrome goes off at 2/1 in a 7 horse field in the Preakness he would be
"ice on the board" and I would bet with both fists against.
He will more realistically open up at 2/5 and go off at 3/5.

beefas
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
ring weekend is a turd... see the calder derby
Need a value horse to fill the tri smarty !! What do u like for a tri???

tanner12oz
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Pablo...

ran what I thought was the strongest race in the bluegrass

Mad Scientist
05-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah smarty Cide that's the play now that Danza is out. Clear cut ice cold exacta chrome / kid Cruz and keep hitting the repeat button as many times as your budget allows. This may be the betting oppurtunity of the year. I can't see this race finishing anything but chrome/Cruz.

Mad Scientist
05-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I am curious who the jockey on Cruz is going to be .... They had Julien pilmeneli ( spelling ? ) on him the last two races that the horse ran so well but I think they are going to look for a higher profile jockey for Preakness. Mike smith would fit this horse like a glove .

horses4courses
05-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Pablo...

ran what I thought was the strongest race in the bluegrass

I agree with that - set the pace in the Blue Grass, and was the only speed horse that stuck around at the finish.
Ran a fine race that he probably benefited from, along with the fact that this horse ran into a pretty strong headwind for much of the race. I'm thinking this horse has a future....... :ThmbUp:

Mad Scientist
05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Pablo is going to get burned up on the front end with bayern and SI . Those are all 3 seriously fast horses and none of them can rate or get anywhere close to 1 3/16. This race sets up perfect for chrome/ Cruz .

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM

as of now id say ride on curlin

but kinda a crap shoot

burnsy
05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Kind of thought this thread was about Danza? I think this is a good move. Light on experience, just fired two nice shots in big races. Didn't win the derby......freshen up. Off his races this year he has a shot at being the best 3 yo. He looks like Chromes main rival at this point. The Ark Derby was a walk in the park, first time two turns. The Derby proved it was no fluke. By June this horse could be dynamite with one little step forward. I missed the boat betting wise both times this year, this horse is good, won't happen again.

Valuist
05-09-2014, 05:26 PM

Never bet a trifecta in a race with less than 9 betting interests. Just not worth it.

As for Danza, at least the other runners know now they are less likely to be body slammed in the stretch run.

dannyhill
05-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Never bet a trifecta in a race with less than 9 betting interests. Just not worth it.
Blanket statements like this are incorrect. Odds of the horses a player is looking to use, or throw out, should be what determines if it worth it. Certainly fields with 9 or more betting interests can and will produce larger payoffs.