PDA

View Full Version : Social Inclusion vs Bayern

Smarty Cide
05-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Who is the better Preakness contender?

Mad Scientist
05-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Honestly I think they are both going to be totally gassed by the top of the stretch and fade. I don't think either one has a chance to hit the board.

I mean I would even go as far as to say that neither will even make it into the superfecta. For sure chrome and kid Cruz are going to finish ahead of them and Danza also if he runs . That would only leave one or maybe two spots open for the super and I think there's a better chance that dynamic impact or ring weekend or even ria antonia would grind their way to complete the super than either of those two.

But if I had to choose one of them than I would probably choose social inclusion. I just don't think bayern wants anything past a mile and social inclusion may be able to hold his speed just a bit longer but neither of these horses want anything to do with a 1 3/16.

Unless you got the budget to hit the all button than I would not waste any money on these horses at all even in the 4th spot of the superfectas.

That person that said in another thread that SI was going to win the Preakness wire to wire needs to put down his bottle of whatever he is drinking and step away from his computer because you got a better chance of hitting the mega millions than you do of SI winning the Preakness.

Tom
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
SI buries him.
Bayern might think SI is a big horse, but the further they run, the smaller he will get. :D

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2014, 02:56 AM
Who is the better Preakness contender?I think your signature violates the zoning laws here.

sammy the sage
05-08-2014, 06:55 AM
I think your signature violates the zoning laws here.

I just spewed my keyboard....thanks a lot..... :lol: :lol: :D :D

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 07:28 AM
I think your signature violates the zoning laws here.

pretty awesome huh

onefast99
05-08-2014, 08:04 AM
SI buries him.
Bayern might think SI is a big horse, but the further they run, the smaller he will get. :D
I like that Tom...

Valuist
05-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Not even close. Social Inclusion is a much better horse.

Speed Figure
05-08-2014, 02:27 PM
My numbers for Bayern.

Speed Figure
05-08-2014, 02:28 PM
My numbers for Social Inclusion.

Dark Horse
05-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Too early to say, but just as a frame of reference; how many TC races has Contreras won? Stevens could be back on Bayern, but we'll have to see.

precocity
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
pretty awesome huh
:lol: smarty you crazy man! :lol:

Dark Horse
05-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Bayern.

It would surprise me if Bayern didn't finish ITM. Social Inclusion won't keep up with CC and Bayern, and Kid Cruz has a good shot at completing the trifecta.

Smarty Cide
05-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Bayern.

It would surprise me if Bayern didn't finish ITM. Social Inclusion won't keep up with CC and Bayern, and Kid Cruz has a good shot at completing the trifecta.

wouldnt you think Bayern's PP's would suggest trouble over a mile?

Dark Horse
05-09-2014, 12:41 PM
In this field, as things stand now, Bayern brings the second best Form of Day to the race. I would agree that his ability to FINISH is not at the top, but based on that form he should have enough to hold on for second or third.

Smarty Cide
05-09-2014, 12:54 PM
In this field, as things stand now, Bayern brings the second best Form of Day to the race. I would agree that his ability to FINISH is not at the top, but based on that form he should have enough to hold on for second or third.

what do you mean by 'form of day'?

BettinBilly
05-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm going with Baffert's Bayern, but it's pretty much of a coin toss for me.

Not sure either is going to be able to hold speed to the wire.

burnsy
05-09-2014, 01:28 PM
SI buries him.

Agreed. Don't understand the fascination with Bayern. He's an auto toss for me.
Has not run well enough to compete with these. When you get run down by Embellishing Bob ( I mean c'mon) and taken down at a mile, plus that Ark Derby. Its hard for me to see how you beat these at 1 3/16. He kind of looks second tier until he beats my rating of him. Toss ola. He would have to be 25-1 for me to even look at him. SI ran well for the third time out, from a very tough post and a fast pace.....just like the polling here. Until Bayern runs good out of Cali, its not even close. He's got over bet, also ran written all over him IMO.

precocity
05-10-2014, 01:10 AM
TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! !!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Robert Fischer
05-13-2014, 08:18 PM
They both have a chance to upset.

I am wary of Bayern.
He's developed a pattern now of finishing poorly in his last 2 starts.
I haven't done well with Baffert horses that show that type of regression without having a really good excuse.

OaklawnBoy
05-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Bayren reminds me a lot of Super Ninetynine from last year. Toss

BettinBilly
05-13-2014, 08:38 PM
They both have a chance to upset.

I am wary of Bayern.
He's developed a pattern now of finishing poorly in his last 2 starts.
I haven't done well with Baffert horses that show that type of regression without having a really good excuse.

I hear ya'. However, as you say, they both have a chance to upset. I'd not discount Bayern totally. This being said, my capping has me looking S/I for a few possibles.

Mad Scientist
05-13-2014, 10:32 PM
I am going to have to take issue with the comment stating that Bayern had the second best form of any horse heading into the Preakness .

Bayerns last two races .... A no excuse basically had it all his own way well beaten third in the Arkansas Derby and than he comes back and can't even beat a lackluster derby trial field , and before you say " yeah but he was DQ out of first" ... That was a legit DQ ... He caused the 2nd place horse all sorts of trouble and still only finished ahead by a nose . If he does not interfere that other horse wins by 2 lengths , so 2nd place was exactly what he deserved ...

Kid Cruz is coming of 2 ultra impressive stakes wins.

Dynamic Impact is coming off a win in the Illinois Derby.

I would argue that the 3rd by SI in the wood was better than the 3rd by bayern in the Arkansas Derby.

I would even argue the 3rd by Pablo in the Bluegrass was better than bayerne third in Arkansas.

ROC beat him in Atkansas and ran a respectable kentucky derby all things considered.

I agree his form is better than ring weekend, ria antonia , general a rod.

So I would say he has the 7th best form in the race , certainly not the 2nd.

BlinkersOn
05-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Bayern. He has Stevens, and I see him being a very smart rider.