PDA

View Full Version : Avila-Intentions of the Connections?

ultracapper
05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Should we think that A C Avila will be highly scrutinized for awhile and that we can trust his horses to run pretty close to form after the pickle he got himself into with the Churchill shipper on Derby Day?

Berrio's not riding for him right now, though I haven't heard that he's suspended. Avila started the year 0 for the 1st quarter, and now has brought home a few. Hoping we can count on his horses running closer to form because I sure like Noona Reese Friday and I really think 2 back, Berrio gave that horse one weird ride down the stretch. It was if he was drunk, or the horse was drunk, or a little of both of them. I chalked it up to the fact that it's practically a miracle that Berrio's out there at all and maybe he's just not the same jockey, but now, maybe that's not the case.

Anyhow.......

Stillriledup
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Nonna Reese was ridden By Tiago Pereira last time, she raced well routing, lost a lot of ground on turn 1 and kept grinding down to the line, she has some talent for the class no doubt.

I think Berrio might have been injured, he fell off a horse at the starting gate and hit the ground hard, not sure if he got hurt or not, but after he fell off that horse, he hasnt been seen on any Avila horses since.

ultracapper
05-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Look at this horse's last race with Berrio up. The stretch run is wild.

Stillriledup
05-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Look at this horse's last race with Berrio up. The stretch run is wild.

I've seen it, i watch all Berrio rides VERY carefully, probably more carefully than most. ;)

ultracapper
05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
I've seen it, i watch all Berrio rides VERY carefully, probably more carefully than most. ;)

Why?

Stillriledup
05-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Why?

Um, because it can be lucrative at times to really be paying attn to them? ;) ;) ;)