PDA

View Full Version : Social Inclusion shipping to Pimlico today.

onefast99
05-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Owner Ron Sanchez has shipped SI as of 10am today to Pimlico for the Preakness on Saturday May 17th, he will arrive Thursday morning. Sanchez will be entering several other horses in the undercard races. Last Saturday SI was scratched from the Sir Bear Stakes due to a bruised hoof. Elvis Trujillo was named on SI in that race there is no confirmation on what jockey will pilot SI in the Preakness.

Rex Phinney
05-07-2014, 05:15 PM
So the Question is was he scratched for a real injury of just to keep him fresh for the Preakness. It seems odd to enter him and then scratch him for no reason, if they wanted to keep him fresh why even bother with the 75k race.

tanner12oz
05-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Smells fishy to me

Rex Phinney
05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
The Preakness is definitely the right race to try him in, just not sure what to make of how they got him there.

Saratoga_Mike
05-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Onefast will greet SI at the Pimilco stable gate.

SecretAgentMan
05-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Can this horse rate at all? If not, him & Bayern are gonna go at it with a blistering pace.

classhandicapper
05-07-2014, 07:18 PM
The scratch is really bothering me.

If he missed any training at all I want no part of him as the likely 2nd choice at 1 3/16 with more than enough speed to keep him honest.

If he didn't miss any training and the scratch was hyper conservatism he's an interesting addition to the mix.

IMO the Wood horses ran well in the Derby. Being wide first turn into a lively pace and hanging on OK was a pretty good effort. He may have even been best that day. That would have to put him into the thick of the Preakness if he can rate at all.

onefast99
05-07-2014, 07:28 PM
The scratch is really bothering me.

If he missed any training at all I want no part of him as the likely 2nd choice at 1 3/16 with more than enough speed to keep him honest.

If he didn't miss any training and the scratch was hyper conservatism he's an interesting addition to the mix.

IMO the Wood horses ran well in the Derby. Being wide first turn into a lively pace and hanging on OK was a pretty good effort. He may have even been best that day. That would have to put him into the thick of the Preakness if he can rate at all.
He galloped before he left this morning. He will work on Sunday. I don't know what happened that kept this one out of the Sir Bear but up to this point the trainer is as honest as they come. I like the fact they gave him the rest after working him 3/8th and then 4f 4 days apart at the end of April.

JustRalph
05-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Smells fishy to me

That's the Chesapeake. The crab are starting to migrate north. It stirs up the water around Pimlico

Smarty Cide
05-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Can this horse rate at all? If not, him & Bayern are gonna go at it with a blistering pace.

between him, bayern, and ring weekend its gonna look like a quarter horse race out the gate.

California Chrome is gonna be like screw these guys im just gonna sit back 3 or 4 off the pace then blast past them at the top of the stretch.... love a closing kid cruz to finish top 4 at long odds... he a sleeper upset pick in this one

people think that the pace is bad for california chrome in this one... i think its great for him. he can rate and bayern and social inclusion are good horses that are gonna burn each other out

BlueChip@DRF
05-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I doubt Kid Cruz is a sleeper. He's the only closer in the race! :D

Mad Scientist
05-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I agree Kid Cruz won't be a sleeper, and not just because he's the only legit closer in the race, but I have a feeling he will end up being the wise guy horse. His last two wins were just so much better than what the speed figures show . I was going to load up on him in the Wood if he had ended up running.

I am telling you this horse is the real deal. Do I think he can beat Chrome ? No ... I most likely will just play a ice cold exacta Chrome/Kid Cruz, unless Danza runs than I'll most likely play a tri with Chrome on top keyed to Kid Cruz and Danza.

Smarty Cide
05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I doubt Kid Cruz is a sleeper. He's the only closer in the race! :D

well maybe so but anyone who dont understand stuff like that would be like who the hell is kid cruz.... like the 60k drunks in the preakness infield

Smarty Cide
05-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I agree Kid Cruz won't be a sleeper, and not just because he's the only legit closer in the race, but I have a feeling he will end up being the wise guy horse. His last two wins were just so much better than what the speed figures show . I was going to load up on him in the Wood if he had ended up running.

I am telling you this horse is the real deal. Do I think he can beat Chrome ? No ... I most likely will just play a ice cold exacta Chrome/Kid Cruz, unless Danza runs than I'll most likely play a tri with Chrome on top keyed to Kid Cruz and Danza.

love that ice cold exacta.... im in

Tall One
05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I like the fact they gave him the rest after working him 3/8th and then 4f 4 days apart at the end of April.

04/28/2014 GP 4F :48.05 Dirt Fast B

04/24/2014 GP 3F :34.41 Dirt Fast B

04/16/2014 GP 3F :35.04 Dirt Muddy B

I see a sharp horse here. He may not have even needed a race, but if he had the hoof issue, it's moot. Like to see a nice 5 or 6 furlong work to even him out though.

He may or may not win next Saturday, but we could see some big things from this colt down the road.

precocity
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Social Inclusion gate to wire!!!! pulling a oxbow! I'm rich!!!! :cool:

Mad Scientist
05-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Smarty Cide - I think you have the right idea. If Danza does not run than I think this will be the easiest Triple Crown race I have ever handicapped in my lifetime. If Danza runs than it's still easy but you will just have to spread a bit more in the exotics.

You will have 3 flights of horses. Bayern, SI, Pablo in the first flight gunning it. Second flight will be sitting a few lengths back chrome, ring weekend, dynamic impact . Third flight will be the closers 8-9 lengths back kid Cruz and ria antonia.

The first flight of horses will all hit the brakes at the top of the stretch . Chrome will make his signature move and get first run and open up by 5 in the blink of eye . Ring weekend and dynamic impact will try to follow chrome but they will basically be just treading waster and than the closers will begin to make their move and kid Cruz will unleash his powerful run and easily move into second and ria antonia will come up empty and she will be plodding along with the rest.

The finish will look exactly like the derby with chrome playing the part of himself and kid Cruz playing the part of commanding curve. The only difference is that kid Cruz will be further ahead of the third place horse than curve was ahead of the third place horse in the derby. It will be the easiest ice cold exacta to hit in the history of horse betting.

Now if Danza runs you got to respect him. He will be in that second flight of stalking horses and when chrome makes his move and opens up by 5 Danza should be able to also make a mini move and pass all the horses in the first flight. The only question is when kid Cruz comes flying deep in the stretch will he pass Danza and it ends up being chrome/Cruz/Danza or does Danza dig in and hold off Cruz and it comes chrome/Danza/Cruz.

Bottom line is this ... Danza does not run than bet ice cold chrome/Cruz and keep hitting the repeat button. Danza runs than bet a tri with chrome on top and Cruz and Danza boxed for 2nd and 3rd and keep hitting repeat.

No need to get fancy and overthink it. Chrome is easily best horse in race and the set up is perfect for him. Cruz and Danza are easily the two next best horses and things also set up very well for them.

Smarty Cide
05-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Smarty Cide - I think you have the right idea. If Danza does not run than I think this will be the easiest Triple Crown race I have ever handicapped in my lifetime. If Danza runs than it's still easy but you will just have to spread a bit more in the exotics.

You will have 3 flights of horses. Bayern, SI, Pablo in the first flight gunning it. Second flight will be sitting a few lengths back chrome, ring weekend, dynamic impact . Third flight will be the closers 8-9 lengths back kid Cruz and ria antonia.

The first flight of horses will all hit the brakes at the top of the stretch . Chrome will make his signature move and get first run and open up by 5 in the blink of eye . Ring weekend and dynamic impact will try to follow chrome but they will basically be just treading waster and than the closers will begin to make their move and kid Cruz will unleash his powerful run and easily move into second and ria antonia will come up empty and she will be plodding along with the rest.

The finish will look exactly like the derby with chrome playing the part of himself and kid Cruz playing the part of commanding curve. The only difference is that kid Cruz will be further ahead of the third place horse than curve was ahead of the third place horse in the derby. It will be the easiest ice cold exacta to hit in the history of horse betting.

Now if Danza runs you got to respect him. He will be in that second flight of stalking horses and when chrome makes his move and opens up by 5 Danza should be able to also make a mini move and pass all the horses in the first flight. The only question is when kid Cruz comes flying deep in the stretch will he pass Danza and it ends up being chrome/Cruz/Danza or does Danza dig in and hold off Cruz and it comes chrome/Danza/Cruz.

Bottom line is this ... Danza does not run than bet ice cold chrome/Cruz and keep hitting the repeat button. Danza runs than bet a tri with chrome on top and Cruz and Danza boxed for 2nd and 3rd and keep hitting repeat.

No need to get fancy and overthink it. Chrome is easily best horse in race and the set up is perfect for him. Cruz and Danza are easily the two next best horses and things also set up very well for them.

couldnt agree more... is ride on curlin going to the preakness?

still hard to make money though on the exacta in 2008 when big brown won even with a 40-1 coming in 2nd it only paid 36 bucks

i wanna go for the super here

something like

cal chrome w/ kid cruz, danza, w/ kid cruz, danza, ride on curlin, social inclusion w/ kid cruz, danza, ride on curlin, social inclusion, bayern

only an 18 dollar bet for a $1 super

Mad Scientist
05-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah I forgot about Ride On Curlin. He should be in that second stalking flight. I don't think he can finish ahead of chrome for obvious reasons. Danza has finished well ahead of ROC two races in a row now and furthermore Danza seems to be improving and ROC seems to have leveled off so I don't see anyway ROC turns the table on Danza and I am really high on kid Cruz , so I would have to put him ahead of ROC. I think ROC is a candidate to clunk up for 4th along with ring weekend, dynamic impact and ria antonia.

I think the best way to do a super would be chrome/kid Cruz,Danza/kid Cruz, Danza/ ring weekend, ROC, dynamic impact, ria antonia. That would be $8 for a $1 bet. You could hit the repeat button 12 times and still be under $100 for the race.

I just think that when SI and bayern hit the wall at the top of the stretch that they are really going to fade bad.

precocity
05-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah I forgot about Ride On Curlin. He should be in that second stalking flight. I don't think he can finish ahead of chrome for obvious reasons. Danza has finished well ahead of ROC two races in a row now and furthermore Danza seems to be improving and ROC seems to have leveled off so I don't see anyway ROC turns the table on Danza and I am really high on kid Cruz , so I would have to put him ahead of ROC. I think ROC is a candidate to clunk up for 4th along with ring weekend, dynamic impact and ria antonia.

I think the best way to do a super would be chrome/kid Cruz,Danza/kid Cruz, Danza/ ring weekend, ROC, dynamic impact, ria antonia. That would be $8 for a $1 bet. You could hit the repeat button 12 times and still be under $100 for the race.

I just think that when SI and bayern hit the wall at the top of the stretch that they are really going to fade bad.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: cant wait to you handicap a race!

precocity
05-08-2014, 12:07 AM
couldnt agree more... is ride on curlin going to the preakness?

still hard to make money though on the exacta in 2008 when big brown won even with a 40-1 coming in 2nd it only paid 36 bucks

i wanna go for the super here

something like

cal chrome w/ kid cruz, danza, w/ kid cruz, danza, ride on curlin, social inclusion w/ kid cruz, danza, ride on curlin, social inclusion, bayern

only an 18 dollar bet for a $1 super
if that's all it cost I would have it 1000 times? hey don't hate? just saying?

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 07:30 AM
after the calder derby gotta think ring weekend is a turd, hes kinda another front runner with less talant then bayern or social inclusion

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 08:07 AM

only thing about ride on curlin is what if someday he doesn't get a terrible trip

true danza is the better horse if i had to pick one, no doubt about it. but ride on curlin is so prone to bad trips makes you wonder what if...

onefast99
05-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Social Inclusion gate to wire!!!! pulling a oxbow! I'm rich!!!! :cool:
Speed is his game.

onefast99
05-08-2014, 08:46 AM
We’re all set and excited,” Sanchez said. “I was a little concerned Saturday with the bruise, then I was happy (Tuesday) and today I’m excited. He went out jogging today and everything was great. Manny and his guys did a great job.”

Social Inclusion was accompanied on the van by Rontos Racing’s Hey Leroy, the Appleton winner who is being pointed to the $400,000 Dixie on Preakness Day.

Plans call for Social Inclusion to walk Thursday morning after his scheduled early-morning arrival at Pimlico, gallop Friday, Saturday and Sunday and breeze on Monday.

Luis Contreras, who rode Social Inclusion in a pair of dazzling victories at Gulfstream and his show performance in the Wood, has the call for the Preakness.

SecretAgentMan
05-08-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't think SI had a bruise......I think it was s complete lie. The trainer wanted to race against Chrome & he's getting his chance. He wants to prove he wasn't stupidfor turning down 8 to 10 million or whatever it was.

If he beats Chrome, then he's proved his horse is a good investment.

Tall One
05-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't think SI had a bruise......I think it was s complete lie. The trainer wanted to race against Chrome & he's getting his chance. He wants to prove he wasn't stupidfor turning down 8 to 10 million or whatever it was.

The highlighted portion is the only valid point in this post.

The rest of it....:lol:

classhandicapper
05-08-2014, 01:52 PM

That would make more sense if he wasn't scratched from a race that was proclaimed by the connections to be his prep for the Preakness. :confused:

Edward DeVere
05-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Deep Thoughts:

Deep Thought #1 On Early Speed - Pablo Del Monte is another speedball pointed to the Preakness.

Deep Thought #2 On Early Speed - The early pace of the Preakness is often the exact opposite of the Kentucky Derby, because of the human connections as much as the specific horses. Since the early pace of the Derby was slow, I would expect the early pace of the Preakness to be fast.

Deep Thought #3 - If Social Inclusion got all hot and bothered at the Wood, wouldn't he get even more hot and bothered at the Preakness?

Deep Thought #4 - If the pace is fast, I expect Dynamic Impact to be much farther back than in the Illinois Derby, and then come a-runnin'.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2014, 02:42 PM

If he beats Chrome, then he's proved his horse is a good investment.How come I never noticed you before this year's Triple Crown? You've been here a few years...never memorable until now.... :lol:

SecretAgentMan
05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't have to impress no one but fill.my pockets with money while you chase losers looking for value to beat the favorite that was unbeatable in the derby, lol!

Chrome will also win the Preakness & you will still lose money looking for value trying to beat him, lol!

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't have to impress no one but fill.my pockets with money while you chase losers looking for value to beat the favorite that was unbeatable in the derby, lol!

Chrome will also win the Preakness & you will still lose money looking for value trying to beat him, lol!have you made any bets since the Derby? Or posted any picks?

Have you ever congratulated me on the winners I've posted over the years? (like on the Derby/Oaks undercards) Or do you just bash me on the losers I post?

Strange way to act...

And no, you're not taking any of this personally at all... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone call mostpost and point this out to him so he remembers it for next time.

Rex Phinney
05-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Chrome will also win the Preakness & you will still lose money looking for value trying to beat him, lol!

The Preakness is IMO going to turn into a hard race to bet at all for a good handicapper, no return if you want to bet CC and probably too thin a field to pick one to beat him.

CC is going to be 2/5 or 3/5, I wish you wouldn't go telling everyone how you are going to stuff your pockets at that price, you make all the other supporters of the horse look idiotic by association.

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 04:22 PM
The Preakness is IMO going to turn into a hard race to bet at all for a good handicapper, no return if you want to bet CC and probably too thin a field to pick one to beat him.

CC is going to be 2/5 or 3/5, I wish you wouldn't go telling everyone how you are going to stuff your pockets at that price, you make all the other supporters of the horse look idiotic by association.

he was talking about filling his pockets in the derby... mine are nice and filled too, cheers to that SecretAgentMan.... thanks for the money guys... Just Saying :cool: :lol:

davew
05-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I wish they would have went the AE route for the Derby - they would have started and the race would have been much different in my opinion. Not sure what the outcome would have been but the pace would have been faster earlier.

In the Wood, he had a bad post for short run-up to turn. The Derby has a longer stretch and outside speed is not penalized as much.

For those saying SI will be in the lead and die like a pig and closer will win, maybe, but we will see. The Preakness is shaping up to be a contentious race and if Chrome can pull it off, he may be as good as some people feel and that much closer to a triple crown.

Smarty Cide
05-08-2014, 04:26 PM
he may be as good as some people feel and that much closer to a triple crown.

something always goes wrong at belmont

Rex Phinney
05-08-2014, 04:28 PM
he was talking about filling his pockets in the derby... mine are nice and filled too, cheers to that SecretAgentMan.... thanks for the money guys... Just Saying :cool: :lol:

Sure whatever you say, he is boasting like a moron one way or another.

onefast99
05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Deep Thoughts:

Deep Thought #1 On Early Speed - Pablo Del Monte is another speedball pointed to the Preakness.

Deep Thought #2 On Early Speed - The early pace of the Preakness is often the exact opposite of the Kentucky Derby, because of the human connections as much as the specific horses. Since the early pace of the Derby was slow, I would expect the early pace of the Preakness to be fast.

Deep Thought #3 - If Social Inclusion got all hot and bothered at the Wood, wouldn't he get even more hot and bothered at the Preakness?

Deep Thought #4 - If the pace is fast, I expect Dynamic Impact to be much farther back than in the Illinois Derby, and then come a-runnin'.
Hot and bothered in the Wood? He was as green as the 20's in your wallet. He got a lot out of that race. Did you notice how nervous he was during the post parade and how he was a bit lathered up on a somewhat cool day?

Edward DeVere
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Hot and bothered in the Wood? He was as green as the 20's in your wallet. He got a lot out of that race. Did you notice how nervous he was during the post parade and how he was a bit lathered up on a somewhat cool day?

That's what I meant by hot and bothered.

The question is: Will that happen again, or was it a one-time deal? If he has to deal with a TON of other early speed, AND his own nervousness, well, it wouldn't bode well for his chances, would it?

And what's all this nonsense about twenties in my wallet? I ain't had a winner since Eclipse. (The horse, not the award.)

onefast99
05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
That's what I meant by hot and bothered.

The question is: Will that happen again, or was it a one-time deal? If he has to deal with a TON of other early speed, AND his own nervousness, well, it wouldn't bode well for his chances, would it?

And what's all this nonsense about twenties in my wallet? I ain't had a winner since Eclipse. (The horse, not the award.)
I thought you were doing well that's why I didn't say a few singles in that wallet! I just don't like the 3/8ths works other than that he is my pick in the Preakness.

onefast99
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM

My dad had a great saying, if every race was run on paper you and I wouldn't need to work a day just go and bet the favorites!

TMQ
05-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Why do you think Social Inclusion will fade? How could you like Kid Cruz more? Social Inclusion still has room to improve, Kid cruz is 8-20 lengths slower then SI.....

onefast99
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
“We were the first ones here, and we expect to be the first ones to the finish,” said Sanchez.

Ready to rock and roll at Pimlico...Social Inclusions connections after his bullet work this morning at 8:40am 4f in 47 flat.

Tall One
05-12-2014, 11:15 AM
“We were the first ones here, and we expect to be the first ones to the finish,” said Sanchez.

Ready to rock and roll at Pimilco...Social Inclsuions connections after his bullet work this morning at 8:40am 4f in 47 flat.

Understand he galloped out 6F in 1:13 and was a handful to pull up..?

:eek:

onefast99
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM

Understand he galloped out 6F in 1:13 and was a handful to pull up..?

:eek:
Don't know what to make of that I'll await the spin doctors comments first.