PDA

View Full Version : No threads on the kidnapped Girls?

JustRalph
05-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Just wondered if anybody is following this story

Here's the kidnapper

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/135983-raw-video-terrorist-leader-kidnapped-nigerian-girls-declares-war-america-christianity/

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2014, 12:32 AM
The world's next bogey man?

woodtoo
05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
This is starting to get a lot of press,they kidnapped 8 more girls today.

I heard the Americans sent or will send some team there.

I suggest a full assault on these A-holes and chase them down till there is

Boko Haram no more.:ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
I love the tone of the article:

Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram, a terrorist group whose name literally means “Western education is a sin,” released an hour-long video on Monday where he pretty much waged war against anyone who doesn’t agree with him.

In this video excerpt, Shekau talked of war with Christians and a desire to “kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill!” current and recent U.S. presidents, the leader of China and their supporters. And of course, Abraham Lincoln.

Amazingly, he'll probably get his wish and we* will declare war back on him.

* - "we" must not include Congress.

tucker6
05-07-2014, 08:51 AM
I love the tone of the article:

Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram, a terrorist group whose name literally means “Western education is a sin,” released an hour-long video on Monday where he pretty much waged war against anyone who doesn’t agree with him.

In this video excerpt, Shekau talked of war with Christians and a desire to “kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill!” current and recent U.S. presidents, the leader of China and their supporters. And of course, Abraham Lincoln.

Amazingly, he'll probably get his wish and we* will declare war back on him.

* - "we" must not include Congress.
Hasn't Abe suffered enough? I feel bad for the poor guy. Everyone's gunning for him, literally I might add.

dartman51
05-07-2014, 10:23 AM
I suggest a full assault on these A-holes and chase them down till there is

Boko Haram no more.:ThmbUp:

Aren't these the folks that did 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' ? .....No...wait....maybe that was Procol Harum........never mind. :confused: :D

woodtoo
05-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Aren't these the folks that did 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' ? .....No...wait....maybe that was Procol Harum........never mind. :confused: :D

They do 'The Darkest Shade of Pale' maybe we need a 'Conquistador' thou.;)

TJDave
05-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I heard we might be sending military and law enforcement to get these girls back.

It'd be cheaper if we just bought them.

woodtoo
05-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Buy now and have a blow out sale hours later.

JustRalph
05-07-2014, 03:30 PM
I heard we might be sending military and law enforcement to get these girls back.

It'd be cheaper if we just bought them.

My wife said the same thing. I told her they are saying they will get equivalent to $12 US for each one of them. She said I could have a hundred :lol:

In all seriousness, buy them, then track the cash with a drone......kaboom!

Clocker
05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I told her they are saying they will get equivalent to $12 US for each one of them.

The $12 was a token dowry payment paid by any kidnapper that took one of the girls for a wife.

And John Kerry has just made the earth shattering statement that time is of the essence to take action before something bad happens to the girls. After 3 weeks, Kerry says time is of the essence. What the hail does he think has been happening to them for 3 weeks?

woodtoo
05-07-2014, 04:17 PM
These muslims dont rest 300 Christians slaughtered in Gamboro Ngala Monday.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a muslim country to respond,their only a small minority of extremists.:sleeping:

JustRalph
05-07-2014, 07:36 PM
These muslims dont rest 300 Christians slaughtered in Gamboro Ngala Monday.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a muslim country to respond,their only a small minority of extremists.:sleeping:

Incredible stuff. I heard on the radio today that over 12k Christians have been killed the last five years while residing in Muslim countries.

That is incredible

classhandicapper
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Incredible stuff. I heard on the radio today that over 12k Christians have been killed the last five years while residing in Muslim countries.

That is incredible

They should all pack their bags and leave every country they are not welcomed in.

sandpit
05-07-2014, 10:05 PM
They should all pack their bags and leave every country they are not welcomed in.

And the next step should be that once all the Christians, or rather non-Muslims have cleared out, we should eradicate what's left so the people that had to emigrate can go back to their homes and live in peace.

Tom
05-07-2014, 10:13 PM

That is incredible

The religion of peace.

cj's dad
05-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Why does the US Govmn't care? These are not US citizens! Where are the Nigerian military and other concerned forces in that area? Why are we the savior to the world?

I hope none of our brave young men in the armed forces lose their life or limb in this rescue effort.

JustRalph
05-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Well, I guess the Boko Harem boys will surrender now

Tweeted

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2014, 02:59 AM
That's the same face she walked around with for years when she wasn't proud of the USA...

Clocker
05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Well, I guess the Boko Harem boys will surrender now

It's too bad she doesn't know anyone in a position of influence that could help her with that problem.

JustRalph
05-08-2014, 09:52 PM
When force is needed, Dems resort to hashtags

TJDave
05-08-2014, 10:05 PM
That's the same face she walked around with for years when she wasn't proud of the USA...

What's that on her blouse...

Squirrels?

Greyfox
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Why does the US Govmn't care? These are not US citizens! Where are the Nigerian military and other concerned forces in that area? Why are we the savior to the world?

I hope none of our brave young men in the armed forces lose their life or limb in this rescue effort.

You're right. These are not U.S. citizens and the U.S. should not have to play savior to the world.

However, every country in the United Nations, - including Britain, Russia, France, China, the U.S. and all smaller nations, should take a stand on these kidnappings and a send a large armed force in to rescue these girls from these terrorists.
Alas, I'm afraid the United Nations is a toothless tiger and they won't do a bloody thing.

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2014, 12:58 AM
I think this hashtag photo nonsense must be a demand of the kidnappers.

riskman
05-09-2014, 05:51 AM

First of all, I have not read about a rescue effort lead by the U.S.(could be wrong)
If we can do something to rescue these girls and bring them to safety we should make every effort without the U.N. or others.
The U.S. military and or our security net works should be put to full use to help these girls. We should not be passive about this incident.

rastajenk
05-09-2014, 07:03 AM
The entire continent needs some serious regime change. Some good old fashioned colonialism would be better than the current situation.

JustRalph
05-09-2014, 01:12 PM
The entire continent needs some serious regime change. Some good old fashioned colonialism would be better than the current situation.

Bite your tongue you imperialist dog!!!

elysiantraveller
05-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Ironically colonialism would be better even though its one of the causes of the present situation.

davew
05-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Not all Muslims are bad, just the free radicals.

That Obama lady looks like she just heard her brother got fired from his coaching job and now is without insurance.

That Cummings guy looks like he just heard that they have found emails from his office to that IRS lady pleading the 5th.

Al Sharpton needs to go over there and yell and scream.

Tom
05-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Pathetic bunch of democrats.

Clocker
05-11-2014, 12:34 PM
I think this hashtag photo nonsense must be a demand of the kidnappers.

If you can't do anything productive, then do something for a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Conservative columnist George Will (http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/11/george-will-mocks-bringbackourgirls-an-exercise-in-self-esteem/)blasted the explosion in “hashtag activism” on Twitter since the recent kidnapping of hundreds of Nigeria schoolgirls by an Islamic terror group, calling the trending #BringBackOurGirls nothing but “an exercise in self-esteem.”

“Do you think that this is significant and helpful and can make progress?” he asked. “Or do you think it’s really about helping the people that tweet the hashtag feel better about themselves?”

“Exactly that,” Will responded unreservedly. “It’s an exercise in self-esteem. I don’t know how adults stand there, facing a camera, and say, ‘Bring back our girls.’ Are these barbarians in the wilds of Nigeria supposed to check their Twitter accounts and say ‘Uh-oh, Michelle Obama is very cross with us, we better change our behavior.’”

“Power is the ability to achieve intended effects,” he explained. “And this is not intended to have any effect on the real world. It’s a little bit like environmentalism has become. The incandescent lightbulb becomes the enemy. It has NO effect whatever on the planet, but it makes people feel good about themselves.”

tucker6
05-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Is it too much of a stretch to question whether Obama and Cummings would be holding signs if the girls weren't black?? And just what do they mean by, "our girls"? The world is full of evil deeds, yet I am hard pressed to recall ANY occasion where the Obama's have stood up to be counted in support of another color. I would welcome proof to the contrary.

fast4522
05-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Knowing very little about this story myself, the question is if we did not play the central role of worlds police for decades would this and countless other events occurred?

woodtoo
05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Israel now sending counter-terrorism team to join British and Americans in Nigeria.We must save these girl from their new hijabs and burkas.

horses4courses
05-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Give them the prisoners - get the children - then wipe the dudes out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BndWzSICEAAWh2D.jpg

JustRalph
05-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Give them the prisoners - get the children - then wipe the dudes out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BndWzSICEAAWh2D.jpg

Implant the prisoners with tracking chips first :lol:

Tom
05-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes, stick them up their XXXXXs!
Time to put together an international team and eradicate this bunch, every one of them - leave no one left alive, no arrests, no courts - just stamp out these animals once and for all.

horses4courses
05-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Guardian news ‏@guardiannews 14m
US deploys surveillance aircraft to hunt for Nigerian schoolgirls http://gu.com/p/3p7v7/tf

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/13/us--surveillance-aircraft-hunt-nigerian-schoolgirls?CMP=twt_fd

JustRalph
05-13-2014, 06:32 PM
He's a great guy

jballscalls
05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Is it too much of a stretch to question whether Obama and Cummings would be holding signs if the girls weren't black?? And just what do they mean by, "our girls"? The world is full of evil deeds, yet I am hard pressed to recall ANY occasion where the Obama's have stood up to be counted in support of another color. I would welcome proof to the contrary.

It's interesting you say this because normally we've seen when white children go missing the media coverage is substantially higher than those of black children. It even has a name "Missing white woman syndrome"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

Also did they not stand up to be in support of Sandy Hook kids who were mostly white? Gabby Giffords and the Tucson folks? Michelle has a program called Joining Forces with Jill Biden where they meet with military families and stand with them. Surely many are white?

Personally, if 200 girls went missing here in the States, all white, all black or any ratio of races, I personally believe the Obamas would be quite supportive of having them found. 200 children being kidnapped by terrorists anywhere in the world is pretty awful and although Hashtags don't bring the girls back, it's a way to draw attention to something and bring peoples awareness to show what these awful people are doing. I don't think that's a bad thing per se.

tucker6
05-14-2014, 07:45 AM
It's interesting you say this because normally we've seen when white children go missing the media coverage is substantially higher than those of black children. It even has a name "Missing white woman syndrome"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

Also did they not stand up to be in support of Sandy Hook kids who were mostly white? Gabby Giffords and the Tucson folks? Michelle has a program called Joining Forces with Jill Biden where they meet with military families and stand with them. Surely many are white?

Personally, if 200 girls went missing here in the States, all white, all black or any ratio of races, I personally believe the Obamas would be quite supportive of having them found. 200 children being kidnapped by terrorists anywhere in the world is pretty awful and although Hashtags don't bring the girls back, it's a way to draw attention to something and bring peoples awareness to show what these awful people are doing. I don't think that's a bad thing per se.
your examples are apples and oranges. Point me to one example where the WH has gone to these lengths over kidnap victims overseas. Again, who are "our girls"? We all know the answer to that question. It is code, and not to mean, "the world's girls".

No one disagrees that more spotlight on these situations is good, but it seems inconsistent and slanted to me at times.

jballscalls
05-14-2014, 10:00 AM
your examples are apples and oranges. Point me to one example where the WH has gone to these lengths over kidnap victims overseas. Again, who are "our girls"? We all know the answer to that question. It is code, and not to mean, "the world's girls".

No one disagrees that more spotlight on these situations is good, but it seems inconsistent and slanted to me at times.

Has there been an instance overseas where this large a group of women have been kidnapped? Or even a tenth of this many kids? She threw her support after this story had already become a huge story, it's not like she was the one who started "bringbackourgirls"

I disagree with your entire first paragraph.

Let's say the only reason Michelle Obama posted that picture and has "spoken out" on this issue is because those kids are black. Even then...it's still not a bad thing because she's drawing attention to a horrible situation. Black or white. If you're trying to find race affecting something, it's always pretty easy. We see liberals do it all the time. If you disagree with anything Obama does, they will say you're a racist. To me it seems like you're kind of doing the same thing. She supports a group of black kids, it's because of race. If she had a pattern of doing this constantly we could maybe have a conversation. But according to the examples I gave, which you say were apples and oranges and I say aren't, she doesn't.

Since i can't think of a single time during their presidency when there's been a kidnapping of this or any significant magnitude, how do we know if she would throw her support behind it?

HUSKER55
05-14-2014, 06:51 PM
obviously you forgot Michelle was not proud to be an American until her husband became president and she traveled the world on our dime.

rastajenk
05-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Even then...it's still not a bad thing because she's drawing attention to a horrible situation. As Will, Krauthammer, and others have pointed out, she's drawing attention to the weakness of her husband's presidency with lame-ass pictures on social media. It's not like AIDS or malaria or hunger or drought, horrible situations going on daily that could use attention drawn to it. It's a crisis situation, and that's the best they can do? Draw attention to it? With the Obama command and control of the DC media, they should be able to do something more than that.

johnhannibalsmith
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
That's what I don't get. They go out of their way to legitimize a fringe (to most) terrorist group and give them the desired attention from the evil empire that is the catalyst for scheming the event in the first place. From there, more important people taking pictures with signs. More platitudes and "consciousness-building", re-lighting the eternal flame of American outrage when we are told to be outraged, and then...

...what?

A media blitz for what?

Why are we raising money and recruiting for these assholes by elevating them in the eyes in the gazillions that hate us as a nation for one reason or anything?

These people are coming to the "Killing Lincoln" party after the Vampires already abused the wasteland of silly adversaries for a dead president. Ignore them loudly or kill them quietly, but please pick one or the other before you fertilize the crescent valley of insanity with such ideas. Either way, leave me out of it unless you plan on sending me there to stop it with my hands or something. Scowling at a camera to demonstrate my unhappiness and set a lovely example so the pollsters can get to work isn't my thing anymore.

woodtoo
05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Obama sending 80 Marines to Chad till kidnapping resolved.
About time.

woodtoo
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Those bokos' have no time for sleep,killed 48 villagers near the kidnapping site.

Bombed a bus terminal and market killing at least 118.

They can run, but they can not hide.

Tom
05-21-2014, 09:06 PM
We need to in after them , but if we do, it MUST be with the sole intention of killing everyone of them. No matter what. All must die, if we have stand them up against a tree.

woodtoo
05-21-2014, 09:16 PM
I agree Tom,let them all have their virgins.

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2014, 02:18 AM
So we're sending in troops against these clowns, but the genocide in Dafur went unchecked by US forces.

Makes sense.

JustRalph
05-22-2014, 02:32 AM
80 Troops in Chad tonight. I might guess forty of them are Seals

Boko is on the run tonight, or hunkering down. Either way, they're in trouble

tucker6
05-22-2014, 06:37 AM
80 Troops in Chad tonight. I might guess forty of them are Seals

Boko is on the run tonight, or hunkering down. Either way, they're in trouble
Not sure advertising the troop movement was a good idea. If I'm Boko, I might kill the girls as excess baggage and slink off into the jungle to fight another day. To give up the girls now would show weakness from Boko. To stand their ground and fight and die in order to keep the girls isn't the terrorist way. That leaves only one option.

rastajenk
05-22-2014, 06:54 AM
So we're sending in troops against these clowns, but the genocide in Dafur went unchecked by US forces.

Makes sense.
Darfur would have required regime change. I don't think we had the stomach for that.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Dafur...I need a new spellchecker

woodtoo
05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Farm workers are the soup de jour 29 murdered Wednesday.
Do these guys wear invisible ink or what.

JustRalph
05-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Farm workers are the soup de jour 29 murdered Wednesday.
Do these guys wear invisible ink or what.

They have weapons supplied by Al Q. Their victims usually are unarmed vastly outgunned