PDA

View Full Version : Just remember what Durkin said..

TheEdge07
05-06-2014, 01:21 PM
"Desormeaux is looking thru his rear view mirror and no one is there"-Big Browns Preakness..
"Smarty Jones will head to the Belmont undefeated"
"War Emblem will take a shot at the crown"
"One more for Real Quiet"

Dreams crushed..just saying

iceknight
05-07-2014, 02:25 AM
"Desormeaux is looking thru his rear view mirror and no one is there"-Big Browns Preakness..

Dreams crushed..just sayingSunday Silence, Silver Charm, Funny Cide got no love?

depalma113
05-07-2014, 05:57 AM
I guess it could be considered a good omen that Durkin isn't calling the Preakness anymore.

Rex Phinney
05-07-2014, 06:03 PM
My Favorite Durkin line:

"It's been 26 years, and it's just one furlong away"

I'll never forget that one.

SecretAgentMan
05-07-2014, 06:10 PM

Dreams crushed..just saying

And Real Quiet was the cheapest horse bought & got the closest to any horse to the triple crown in past 36 years.......I love watching the 1998 Belmont stakes race!

lamboguy
05-07-2014, 06:11 PM
this year we have CALIFORNIA CHROME, this horse doesn't just win, he delivers knock out punches

onefast99
05-07-2014, 07:32 PM
this year we have CALIFORNIA CHROME, this horse doesn't just win, he delivers knock out punches
Who did he knock out? He will now face 8-10 horses in the Preakness with more speed than he has ever faced before. I love the connections but I'm not sold on CC one bit.

Rex Phinney
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Who did he knock out? He will now face 8-10 horses in the Preakness with more speed than he has ever faced before. I love the connections but I'm not sold on CC one bit.

You're from New Jersey so you still think that someone from the East has the fortitude to bring him down... We get it.

5 Stakes wins in a row over $2.6 million in earnings, and your not sold one bit.

Jeez give the horse some freaking credit man for real. You don't have to build a shrine to him or anything just come to grips with reality just a little bit.

As for the Preakness, I don't see all the speed as bolting from the gate 1/4 horse style, these trainers and jocks know the horses have to get 9.5 Furlongs, so expect a few of them to try and lay off the pace some, much like many did in the derby. You guys that think there will be 3 or 4 horses in the front battling to lead at every pole are wrong.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2014, 02:13 AM
You're from New Jersey so you still think that someone from the East has the fortitude to bring him down... We get it.

5 Stakes wins in a row over $2.6 million in earnings, and your not sold one bit.

Jeez give the horse some freaking credit man for real. You don't have to build a shrine to him or anything just come to grips with reality just a little bit.

As for the Preakness, I don't see all the speed as bolting from the gate 1/4 horse style, these trainers and jocks know the horses have to get 9.5 Furlongs, so expect a few of them to try and lay off the pace some, much like many did in the derby. You guys that think there will be 3 or 4 horses in the front battling to lead at every pole are wrong.You like Chrome? We get it...

Mad Scientist
05-08-2014, 06:09 AM
The more speed the better as far as Chrome is concerned. Ecspecially when they are horses like bayern, Pablo , SI that could not get anywhere near 1 3/16 even under the best of circumstances , not to mention when they are going to be under pace pressure.

Chrome will blow by these speed horses at the top of the stretch without even taking a deep breath ...