PDA

View Full Version : Victor Espinoza

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I have seen some talented Jockeys over the years but Victor Espinoza has to be at the top of list.

As many of the top most knowledgable contributors on this forum have pointed out that Chrome just like Commanding Curve was running as fast as he possibly could have been ruining at the end of the race so it's laughable to say that Chrome would have won by 3+ lengths if Victor would have been riding him out using the whip . If the heaviest hitters on this forum are saying it's ignorant to think that chrome was not running as fast as he possibly could have been running at the end than it must be true.

But just think about what that says about Victor Espinoza. Every other jockey on the planet when they want to get a horse to be running his fastest are slouched over the horses neck in the most aero dynamic position possible using their hands to whop the horse and shake their reigns. , but not Victor. He is so talented he was standing up in the irons and holding on with one hand and pointing to the crowd with his other hand all while still having chrome run as fast as he possibly could at the same time.

What is he going to do for a encore in the Preakness. ???? Ride blindfolded and sitting backwards in the saddle. ??? This guy is a true magician !!!!

Rex Phinney
05-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Poor little forum of ours kind of goes to hell for a few weeks this time of year doesn't it.

I think we should make a rule that you have to be registered 90 days before you can post anything.

precocity
05-05-2014, 10:24 PM
ONE OF MY FAVS? FUNNY READ THE OWNER AND TRAINER WERE PISSED ON ROC RIDE BY BOREL? ROSAREL GETS THE MOUNT? WHO CARERS!!

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah your the same guy that told somebody not to listen to me before the derby when I said Chrome was a standout because I only had 6 posts at the time. You sure are all caught up on how many posts someone has or how long someone has been registered for. Yeah you may have a lot more posts than me but what does it matter when your always wrong ???

Let me put it in horse racing terms for you. You have 2 horses in a maiden race . One is a first time starter and the other is a 0 for 52 maiden. Which one are you going to bet. I'll leave it up to you to figure out who is the first time starter and who is the 0 for 52 maiden lol.

Stillriledup
05-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Poor little forum of ours kind of goes to hell for a few weeks this time of year doesn't it.

I think we should make a rule that you have to be registered 90 days before you can post anything.

i suggest 90 days AND 100 posts before you can START a topic.

Rex Phinney
05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah your the same guy that told somebody not to listen to me before the derby when I said Chrome was a standout because I only had 6 posts at the time. You sure are all caught up on how many posts someone has or how long someone has been registered for. Yeah you may have a lot more posts than me but what does it matter when your always wrong ???

Let me put it in horse racing terms for you. You have 2 horses in a maiden race . One is a first time starter and the other is a 0 for 52 maiden. Which one are you going to bet. I'll leave it up to you to figure out who is the first time starter and who is the 0 for 52 maiden lol.

Funny thing is I love California Chrome, you won't find a single post where I said he wouldn't win the derby. I've watched him all Spring at Santa Anita got to talk the the owners even bought them some beers.

The difference though is I can like the horse without any "I told you so" moments. None of us are ever right all the time so I try to have some respect for others when they get it wrong, if you had been here longer than a month you would know that someday you will need others to show respect when you are wrong.

dannyhill
05-06-2014, 12:32 AM
i suggest 90 days AND 100 posts before you can START a topic.
For some 100 posts can take just 48 hours, so good you included AND.:lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Poor little forum of ours kind of goes to hell for a few weeks this time of year doesn't it.Only when some left coast fanboys get their knickers in a wad when their inferiority complex kicks in and they think they're being slighted...again....

This is becoming Zenyatta 2.0

Guess it had nothing to do with artificial surfaces after all... :lol:

Rex Phinney
05-06-2014, 02:48 AM
Only when some left coast fanboys get their knickers in a wad when their inferiority complex kicks in and they think they're being slighted...again....

This is becoming Zenyatta 2.0

Guess it had nothing to do with artificial surfaces after all... :lol:

I'm not sure how to take that, I'm trying to get one of these exhausting fanboys to quit going overboard and your taking cheap shots at the west coast??? Bringing Zenyatta and plastic tracks all over again.

Everyone is either a fanboy or a hater, can't we just get some people in between?

I just wish all the fanboys weren't so Johnny come lately types

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 06:41 AM
There is nothing about my posts that have a " I told you so quality " about them . I am simply poking a little fun at all the Chrome haters out there that are continuing to hate even after he has won and are saying ridiculous things like he was running as fast as he could the whole race and could not have won the derby by any more lengths than what he did.

Some people really just need to lighten up a bit. It's funny how horse racing is mimicking real life. The same snobs that were saying Chrome could not win because of his pedigree and where he was racing are the same people that are saying there needs to be rules about how many posts a person has and about how long they need to be registered for.

Rex Phinney
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I do have to say there are some on this forum and in the media who seem to be having a little trouble admitting they were wromg and making it as simple as "O well, I'll get them next time"

At the same time, we need to at least see him win the Preakness before he deserves some of the rock star status other members are putting on him.

ronsmac
05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
California Chrome has been visually heads and shoulders above every 3 yo well before the Derby, but to even be mentioned in the same breath as Zenyatta is crazy.

TMQ
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM
California Chrome has been visually heads and shoulders above every 3 yo well before the Derby, but to even be mentioned in the same breath as Zenyatta is crazy.
Yeah I mean at 3 Zenyatta had how many wins????? Oh wait she had not even had a race yet. And she is a mare, besides that I like the comparison. :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
05-07-2014, 01:17 PM
seriously Victor should win the eclipse award for the derby alone. he won with a horse that the experts had pegged as, "stiff", "visually unimpressive", sucking wind, beating only low caliber west coast horses on the souped up SA surface, not bred for the derby, not able to handle all the "front speed" lined up for the derby, sure to collapse in a pace meltdown, cal bred, with no work over the surface.
it's nothing short of a miracle that he was able to win on this horse. its also a miracle that the public got it right when the experts were throwing out one red flag after another. its a real puzzler.

after the derby what do the experts say? well it was a very slow derby.:lol:
okay but some were slower than Chrome and by some I mean all of the ones picked by the "experts".

precocity
05-07-2014, 01:53 PM
seriously Victor should win the eclipse award for the derby alone. he won with a horse that the experts had pegged as, "stiff", "visually unimpressive", sucking wind, beating only low caliber west coast horses on the souped up SA surface, not bred for the derby, not able to handle all the "front speed" lined up for the derby, sure to collapse in a pace meltdown, cal bred, with no work over the surface.
it's nothing short of a miracle that he was able to win on this horse. its also a miracle that the public got it right when the experts were throwing out one red flag after another. its a real puzzler.

okay but some were slower than Chrome and by some I mean all of the ones picked by the "experts".
basically you are correct sir.

Dark Horse
05-07-2014, 02:05 PM
There is nothing about my posts that have a " I told you so quality " about them . I am simply poking a little fun at all the Chrome haters out there that are continuing to hate even after he has won and are saying ridiculous things like he was running as fast as he could the whole race and could not have won the derby by any more lengths than what he did.

It was just one race. And the race, for a Chrome backer like me, didn't have much value. We move on. Don't you have a card to cap somewhere?

clocker7
05-07-2014, 02:29 PM

Post of the month.

The public did not get it right, though. 5-2 means that only a fraction were actually on the winner, (although there were those like PACE who suspected CC's superiority but went with a perceived overlay instead because of basic betting theory -- nothing wrong with that, just sayin.')

Dark Horse
05-07-2014, 02:59 PM
The public did not get it right, though. 5-2 means that only a fraction were actually on the winner

Depending on takeout, any 5-2 horse corresponds to roughly 23% of the money wagered to win.

In a field of 19 that's a lot.

SecretAgentMan
05-07-2014, 04:34 PM

100% correct!