PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reasons Chrome won't win Preakness

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 08:46 PM
1. Did you see the way he was huffing and puffing at the end and how his stride was shortening . Another 10 feet and Curve would have won. Chrome was so exhausted afterwards that I am surprised he was even able to make it back to the winners circle to get his picture taken.

2. No cal bred has ever won the Preakness.

3. Every other horse in the derby had a horrible trip and Chrome was the only horse to have a clean trip.

4. Chromes final time in the derby was barely faster than when Sunday Silence won the derby and we all know what a scrub that Sunday Silence turned out to be.

5. Chrome has never raced outside of California and Kentucky.

6. The derby field he beat was WEAK. Now it's time to see if he can beat some REAL horses like Bayern and Social Inclusion.

7. Jerry Bailey said Chromes win was "dominating" which translates to Chromes win was anything but dominating since 99.9% of us here have forgotten more about horse racing than Jerry Bailey will ever know.

8. His owners are just way too cocky to win the Preakness.

9. Art Sherman does not plan on giving him a workout over the course.

10. Some guy I met at the track told me his sisters boyfriends barbers cousins best friends neighbor tweeted that Chrome does not have a shot in the Preakness.

Did I miss anything ?

RunForTheRoses
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
He's going to Bounce big time after running so fast into the wind???

Augenj
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
:lol:

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Your right . I forgot about the old bounce after running into the wind angle . Make that the top 11 reasons Chrome won't win the Preakness.

breezing
05-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Your right . I forgot about the old bounce after running into the wind angle . Make that the top 11 reasons Chrome won't win the Preakness.
on a super dry track (wasn't watered for 2+ hours) :)

Robert Fischer
05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
The trip is the biggest question.

If the Preakness pace is hot and a target is on Chrome's back, it could call for a different skill set.

If Chrome can press a moderate pace in the Preakness and take over, he's got a great shot.

dannyhill
05-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Some of the posts in this thread alone show why even with exorbitant take outs the game is still beatable for some.

horses4courses
05-05-2014, 09:40 PM
The horse has never been this far east (unless, of course you count California and Kentucky as being well east of Hawaii). He will suddenly feel the weighty forces of East coast mojo.
Heck, they don't even like California grapes or artichokes out there.
It's gonna be a rough ride from here on in....... :eek:

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I agree with you 100%. Like I said before the pari -mutuel aspect of horse racing can allow players to profit even with things like high take out.

If it was not for Chrome haters such as yourself tearing up tickets after the derby than those of us posting on this thread would not have gotten to cash ours.

So I think I can speak for all of us posting on this thread ... Just keep on hating on Chrome we got some Preakness tickets we would like to cash with the best payouts possible !!!!!

Mad Scientist
05-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I did not even factor in the east coast mojo. I am guessing thats why Chrome ducked the REAL horses in the Wood Memorial and played it safe racing against the inferior competition in the Santa Anita derby.

Who knows maybe we will get 10 or 12-1 on Chrome in the Preakness.

bugboy
05-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I think if he comes in first........he will win :lol: :jump: :lol:

BettinBilly
05-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Hey, if some guy you met at the track told you his sister's boyfriend's barber's cousin's best friend's neighbor tweeted that Chrome doesn't have a shot, well, that's good enough for me. I'm out. ;)

mannyberrios
05-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I think if he comes in first........he will win :lol: :jump: :lol:
If not, I will be shocked

Robert Fischer
05-05-2014, 11:00 PM
true, East Coast mojo has to be factored in...

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:24 AM
1. Did you see the way he was huffing and puffing at the end and how his stride was shortening . Another 10 feet and Curve would have won. Chrome was so exhausted afterwards that I am surprised he was even able to make it back to the winners circle to get his picture taken.

3. Every other horse in the derby had a horrible trip and Chrome was the only horse to have a clean trip.

4. Chromes final time in the derby was barely faster than when Sunday Silence won the derby and we all know what a scrub that Sunday Silence turned out to be.

6. The derby field he beat was WEAK. Now it's time to see if he can beat some REAL horses like Bayern and Social Inclusion.

7. Jerry Bailey said Chromes win was "dominating" which translates to Chromes win was anything but dominating since 99.9% of us here have forgotten more about horse racing than Jerry Bailey will ever know.

10. Some guy I met at the track told me his sisters boyfriends barbers cousins best friends neighbor tweeted that Chrome does not have a shot in the Preakness.

Did I miss anything ?You Chrome fanboys are just like the Zenyatta fanboys, which is unfortunate. If there was any chance of me liking this horse, it's constant BS threads and posts like these that will see that chance get flushed down the toilet.

Thanks a lot.

mostpost
05-06-2014, 01:03 AM
You Chrome fanboys are just like the Zenyatta fanboys, which is unfortunate. If there was any chance of me liking this horse, it's constant BS threads and posts like these that will see that chance get flushed down the toilet.

Thanks a lot.
Here's a news flash. Us fanboys don't care if you like California Chrome or not. We revel in the fact that you were so sadly and pathetically wrong. We particularly enjoy the fact that you are dealing with it so poorly. Our horse won.
Your horse(s) lost and they pretty much sucked while doing it. So grow up and quit whining.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Here's a news flash. Us fanboys don't care if you like California Chrome or not. We revel in the fact that you were so sadly and pathetically wrong. We particularly enjoy the fact that you are dealing with it so poorly. Our horse won.
Your horse(s) lost and they pretty much sucked while doing it. So grow up and quit whining.I'd be more than happy if you join in my challenge...can't wait to whip both your asses in a picks contest.

My guess is, both of you will pass.

And I am not dealing with it poorly. It's the fools who go around thumping their chests as if they never picked a winner before. I was all set to congratulate the two geniuses who picked the favorite to win, but then I saw a post from SecretAgentMan that told me to "SUCK IT" and the constant spam posts from Mad Scientist, and instead of congratulating them, I decided to tell them to act like they've actually picked a winner before in their life.

As for you mostpost, this reply from you is mega-disappointing. I always thought better of you...you appear to be losing it...big time.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 01:16 AM
BTW, I know this is going to shock a few of you, but I hope California Chrome wins the Preakness and the Belmont.

JustRalph
05-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Your horse(s) lost and they pretty much sucked while doing it. So grow up and quit whining.

Last week you went after CJ and now Pace. Let's play it straight here.

I challenge you to start publishing "Mosties Figures" get your website started and see how many guys subscribe to your numbers and pay decent money to do it. Btw, you are going to have to come up with a waiting list for people to subscribe.

When you start going to the track and spotting guys all over the country sitting in track bars and in the grandstands with "Mosties Numbers Sheets" hanging out of their pockets, then you can call CJ out. Oh yeah, and Btw after you do that for a couple of years your going to need to negotiate a buyout with a major company in racing data and then go to work for them. Only then can you call CJ out. Get to work. You have a lot of work ahead of you

Then I want you to do a google search for Vbulletin software. Invest your cash and start a horse racing board that ends up being the top horsey spot on the net for ten plus years. Make sure it's members and posts are quoted all over the internet, on television, members interviewed on live racing shows on radio and TV, including promoting and complimenting your board. Don't forget to develop a community where members travel thousands of miles to get together for days at a time. Then you can call PA out on his board.

Get to work. You got a ton of work ahead of you.........

mostpost
05-06-2014, 02:03 AM
I'd be more than happy if you join in my challenge...can't wait to whip both your asses in a picks contest.

My guess is, both of you will pass.

And I am not dealing with it poorly. It's the fools who go around thumping their chests as if they never picked a winner before. I was all set to congratulate the two geniuses who picked the favorite to win, but then I saw a post from SecretAgentMan that told me to "SUCK IT" and the constant spam posts from Mad Scientist, and instead of congratulating them, I decided to tell them to act like they've actually picked a winner before in their life.

As for you mostpost, this reply from you is mega-disappointing. I always thought better of you...you appear to be losing it...big time.
I'm pretty sure it was Smarty Cide not SecretAgentMan who used the phrase "Suck It" and I am also fairly certain he did not address it directly to you or anyone in particular. Whoever it was, you decided to teach them a lesson by not congratulating them and by telling them how you think they should act.

Now I think I should tell you how you should act. Before the Derby there were a lot of New Yorkers and wannabe New Yorkers who just knew that California Chrome was a fraud. His times were misleading. His competition was weak. His stamina was suspect. Cross country travel would send him into hysterics. The Churchill Downs crowd would frazzle him. Waiting for him at Churchill Downs were Eclipse, Man O War, Secretariat, Bucephalus and Pegasus himself. They would show California Chrome what a real racehorse could do.

Then we had the race and all of a sudden eastern wonder horses were not fit to pull a plow. Worst Derby field in a thousand years!!!! Should be running in claiming races! People sitting in their living room could tell how exhausted CC was at the end of the Derby, while the outrider right next to him thought he wasn't breathing hard enough to blow out a match.

Mad Scientist makes fun of you because you think a horse with a rider standing straight up waving at crowd is running as fast as he can. He should be making fun of you. Remember, just because you will always believe something does not make it true. It just makes you obstinate.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 02:13 AM
Now I think I should tell you how you should act. Before the Derby there were a lot of New Yorkers and wannabe New Yorkers who just knew that California Chrome was a fraud.Hey, wonder boy. I never said he was a fraud. I said he WAS A BAD BET. Get your facts straight.

His times were misleading.I never stated this. I said he was competitive and could win. He was my fourth choice out of 19. Of course I thought he could win. And I never said his times were misleading. He had one of the top four numbers coming into the race.

His competition was weak.I did say this. Relatively weak, compared to the horses who ran in the Wood Memorial. You got something right that I said...sort of...congrats.

His stamina was suspect.Never said this.

Cross country travel would send him into hysterics.Never said this.

The Churchill Downs crowd would frazzle him.Never said this...notice a trend wonder boy?

Waiting for him at Churchill Downs were Eclipse, Man O War, Secretariat, Bucephalus and Pegasus himself. They would show California Chrome what a real racehorse could do.Never came close to saying this. Again, all I said was he wasn't worth a bet given his expected price.

Then we had the race and all of a sudden eastern wonder horses were not fit to pull a plow. Worst Derby field in a thousand years!!!! Should be running in claiming races!I never said any of this post-race.

Mad Scientist makes fun of you because you think a horse with a rider standing straight up waving at crowd is running as fast as he can. He should be making fun of you. Remember, just because you will always believe something does not make it true. It just makes you obstinate.How long was he standing up waving at the crowd? The way you guys are talking, I fully expect Espinoza to be suspended.

You sir, have no clue as to what I have written about this race, either pre-race or post-race. Continue on making a fool of yourself.

tanner12oz
05-06-2014, 06:15 AM

Did I miss anything ?

you can't be serious with some of these? Cali chrome might get a restraining order against you...these seem more like personal issues then handicapping angles

rastajenk
05-06-2014, 07:03 AM
I don't think he was serious with any of them.

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Oh geez lol. I was not serious about any of the top 10 list. It was all satire directed at the chrome haters. Just having a little fun ...

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Mostpost- Preach on. Preach on. I could not have said it better myself.

Pace Advantage - I accept your challenge to a picks contest. I would suggest instead of just picking the Preakness that we actually handicap the whole Preakness card that way the loser has no excuses.

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 07:39 AM
at this point if you are rooting against California Chrome you really gotta wonder what your underlying issues are...

forget betting for a second, if your a fan of the sport dont you want to see a superstar horse win the triple crown?

Im not saying its a lock because lets face it... something always goes wrong at belmont... but you gotta root for it, no? unless your just a angry miserable person.. i mean why not?

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Smarty Cide not SecretAgentMan who used the phrase "Suck It" and I am also fairly certain he did not address it directly to you or anyone in particular. Whoever it was, you decided to teach them a lesson by not congratulating them and by telling them how you think they should act.

yes it was me who said 'suck it'. And the term basically means to screw off... like ha ha, told ya so etc...

'Suck it' was a fad during the 90's used by many children in elementary and middle school. This often went along with a motion; crossing one's arms at the wrists, and hitting the crotch area while they lean back. Though it may be coming back, if one were to ask a group full of children what the motion meant, it is probable that only one may know the answer.
When it became beknownst to the teachers back in the 90's, anyone seen in the act of such a motion would be prosecuted and/or severly punished

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I think the Chrome haters consider themselves racing purists. I think they were personally offended that a cal bred with Chromes breeding was made the Kentucky Derby favorite, and than when he won they became mentally unglued and instead of just admitting they were wrong and moving on, they came up with all these ridiculous theories on why Chromes win was phony.

I pointed out before the derby that all the haters were not taking a specific horse against Chrome and giving reasons why that horse was better , but instead they took the easy way and basically just took the other 18 horses in a 19 horse race and they still lost.

Just to show how mentally deranged the haters were before the race all one needed to do was look at Pace Advantages pre derby analysis. He had Uncle Sigh at a acceptable bet at 5-1 but said he would need at least 9-1 on Chrome to make a bet on him . I mean really ? Really ? Someone who says they are a informed experienced horse player saying they would take Uncle Sigh at 5-1 but would not touch Chrome at 8-1 ????? That is the thought process of someone who is so blinded by hate towards a particular that they let it cloud their handicapping judgement in a extreme way.

It's funny how all the haters try to year Chrome down even after he emphatically proves them all wrong and yet they still try to paint themselves as serious handicappers and the people that stick to the facts and actually deal in reality try to defend Chrome and we are labeled " fanboys " ....

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I think the Chrome haters consider themselves racing purists. I think they were personally offended that a cal bred with Chromes breeding was made the Kentucky Derby favorite, and than when he won they became mentally unglued and instead of just admitting they were wrong and moving on, they came up with all these ridiculous theories on why Chromes win was phony.

I pointed out before the derby that all the haters were not taking a specific horse against Chrome and giving reasons why that horse was better , but instead they took the easy way and basically just took the other 18 horses in a 19 horse race and they still lost.

Just to show how mentally deranged the haters were before the race all one needed to do was look at Pace Advantages pre derby analysis. He had Uncle Sigh at a acceptable bet at 5-1 but said he would need at least 9-1 on Chrome to make a bet on him . I mean really ? Really ? Someone who says they are a informed experienced horse player saying they would take Uncle Sigh at 5-1 but would not touch Chrome at 8-1 ????? That is the thought process of someone who is so blinded by hate towards a particular that they let it cloud their handicapping judgement in a extreme way.

It's funny how all the haters try to year Chrome down even after he emphatically proves them all wrong and yet they still try to paint themselves as serious handicappers and the people that stick to the facts and actually deal in reality try to defend Chrome and we are labeled " fanboys " ....

Luckily its over. No matter even what happens in the Preakness until the end of time California Chrome will be the champion of the 2014 Kentucky Derby. #Winning

Im just confused how so many self proclaimed experienced horse players could not see that California Chrome was going to win the derby. I think this was the easiest derby to predict as long as iv been following the sport. It really was blatantly obvious California Chrome was going to win this thing... How anyone could miss that is beyond me. We will never have such a gimme derby bet ever again.

kevb
05-06-2014, 08:50 AM

From "Haskins Derby Recap" at Bloodhorse.com:

<Churchill Downs outrider Greg Blasi, who has led back the last nine Kentucky Derby winners, said California Chrome “wouldn’t of blow out a match after the race.” He said he had never seen anything like it. It is apparent this is an extraordinarily fit horse who must have an exceptional heart and lung capacity, especially considering he’s been in steady training since April of last year and never had a break between 2 and 3.

“Usually the Derby winner is pretty tired and hot right after the race, but when I was bringing him back, he was prancing and dancing,” Blasi added. “He actually was hotter walking to the paddock than he was after the race. He didn’t look like a horse who had just run a mile and a quarter. Most horses will have that crease on their back after a race; we call it being quartered up. But he wasn’t quartered up at all. I have to say, he left an impression on me. It’s a tribute to the trainer that he wasn’t even tired after the race.>
Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2014/05/05/haskin-s-derby-recap-california-dreamin.aspx#ixzz30wIXVrcY

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I think the Chrome haters consider themselves racing purists. I think they were personally offended that a cal bred with Chromes breeding was made the Kentucky Derby favorite, and than when he won they became mentally unglued and instead of just admitting they were wrong and moving on, they came up with all these ridiculous theories on why Chromes win was phony.The above is so wrong, it's laugh out loud funny.

Where do you come up with these theories?

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Mostpost- Preach on. Preach on. I could not have said it better myself.

Pace Advantage - I accept your challenge to a picks contest. I would suggest instead of just picking the Preakness that we actually handicap the whole Preakness card that way the loser has no excuses.One race or one card proves nothing...you're gonna have to show the world just how awesome you are for longer than that.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 09:22 AM

It's funny how all the haters try to year Chrome down even after he emphatically proves them all wrong and yet they still try to paint themselves as serious handicappers and the people that stick to the facts and actually deal in reality try to defend Chrome and we are labeled " fanboys " ....You forgot the part where I said to play Commanding Curve underneath in your exactas. Other than that, hindsight is always amazingly accurate...congrats on criticizing my analysis after the fact.

I am often wrong, but because I don't bet favorites, especially in the Derby in a 19 horse field, I can afford to be wrong often and still get paid.

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Smarty Cide - If Chrome would have been bred within the state lines of Kentucky than all the haters would have been all over him and he would have went off at something like 3/5.

You notice how all the haters compare chrome fanboys to zenyatta fanboys . They dislike zenyatta for the same reasons they dislike chrome. They are snobs and elitists. They don't think cal breds belong on the derby and they don't think girls should be racing against the boys . I bet Rachel winning the Preakness drove them crazy.

Just be thankful that horse players like them exist . If not for them throwing their money away than we wouldn't be getting good payouts when we cash our tickets .

Hopefully they will convince themselves that the only reason that ROC lost was because Calvin gave him a bad ride and now that there switching to Rosario ROC is golden for the Preakness or maybe they will convince themselves that bayern or social inclusion want the 1 3/16 and they will just draw away from chrome.

Whatever they bet I hope they leave chrome out of all their tickets ...

Augenj
05-06-2014, 09:40 AM
BTW, I know this is going to shock a few of you, but I hope California Chrome wins the Preakness and the Belmont.
Seems like nobody saw this post. ;)

Dark Horse
05-06-2014, 09:49 AM
One race at a time. Still early, but at this point it looks like they're pretty much handing the Preakness to CC. Let's see how much energy he has to spend in the Preakness. As to the Belmont, it may turn out to be more than the distance. I'll never forget the 'reception' that track had prepared for I'll Have Another. I know the connections have their eyes on the TC, but after that display of east coast hospitality, I would be happy to take my horse back west after the Preakness.

TheEdge07
05-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Im not a Crome hater but only 12 extraordinary horses have won the crown..Great horses like the Bid,Risen Star,Jones,Silence have failed,dont think CC is either extraordinary or great.

CC won the derby thats where it ends until the Preakness.For now ill hold off in placing him in the above horses mentioned.

Imo he isnt as good as Big Brown.

Dark Horse
05-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Im not a Crome hater but only 12 extraordinary horses have won the crown..Great horses like the Bid,Risen Star,Jones,Silence have failed,dont think CC is either extraordinary or great.

CC won the derby thats where it ends until the Preakness.For now ill hold off in placing him in the above horses mentioned.

Imo he isnt as good as Big Brown.

That means a lot coming from the guy who opened this thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113201

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 09:55 AM
he dont have to win the triple crown he already is the Kentucky Derby winner and greatest of his generation.

ill be rooting for him, but if the same people that bashed him pre derby try to tear him down if he dont win the triple crown thats just sour grapes...

hes accomplished an extraordinary feat. the preakness and belmont would just be icing on the cake...

im rooting for him to do it as hard as anyone but we know its one of the hardest things to do in all of sports

TheEdge07
05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
That means a lot coming from the guy who opened this thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113201

Darkey Horse the thread was referring to Berniers and Welschs comments and workout report.Duh

HUSKER55
05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Every good handicapper had CC in exactas, tri-fectas and super fectas.

No I did not bet flat on chrome. Odds were too low for the derby. too much can happen. So I bet more tries and supers.

if you took your CC win ticket and had the place horse you could have bought a new car.

I did not have the place horse but I had the rest.

DAMN IT! that horse never hit my radar.

next year.....

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Every good handicapper had CC in exactas, tri-fectas and super fectas.

No I did not bet flat on chrome. Odds were too low for the derby. too much can happen. So I bet more tries and supers.

if you took your CC win ticket and had the place horse you could have bought a new car.

I did not have the place horse but I had the rest.

DAMN IT! that horse never hit my radar.

next year.....

i just did a $10 CC and all cost 180 paid out 1700

TheEdge07
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
One race at a time. Still early, but at this point it looks like they're pretty much handing the Preakness to CC. Let's see how much energy he has to spend in the Preakness. As to the Belmont, it may turn out to be more than the distance. I'll never forget the 'reception' that track had prepared for I'll Have Another. I know the connections have their eyes on the TC, but after that display of east coast hospitality, I would be happy to take my horse back west after the Preakness.

East coast hospitality for Druggie Oneil..?

Mad Scientist
05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
You were the one that issued a picks challenge. Your horse racing handicapping ability directly put up against my handicapping ability . You said I would be scared to accept your challenge and once again I proved you wrong by readily accepting your challenge.

I only suggested doing the whole card because I figured it would be harder for you to make up excuses why you lost afterwards. Now your saying the whole card does not prove anything ...

So let mr get this straight ... You challenge me to a picks contest for one race. I accept and suggest we do the whole card and than you back out of the challenge because a 13 race card is not enough to prove anything ignoring the fact your initial challenge that you put forth was only for one race.

What am I missing here ??? Your logic pattern is all over the place. Just like your handicapping abilities. If your scared to to go through with your own challenge than just say so, but I'll take you on on a picks contest anytime . You can pick the track. We can do it over as many race cards as you like. You can even pick the format.

We can just do it for fun . With nothing more than bragging rights on the line ...

Grits
05-06-2014, 11:15 AM
he dont have to win the triple crown he already is the Kentucky Derby winner and greatest of his generation.

I'm sorry, enough is enough. This stuff got old weeks ago.

I like this colt. I hope he can carry his form all the way to Belmont where I'll be watching him.

Yet, for weeks now, you, Secret Agent Man, and in the last day or two, your new buddy, the Mad guy--who knows he can out handicap PA--good luck with that one. You all have ruined this animal.

Between your booze binges, the filth, the lack of writing skill...your numerous posts have read like a 5th grader's....suck it? Seriously! Not one of these gentlemen cares about the habits of middle schoolers.

1.) You didn't know the movement of the horses as they were to be loaded after the scratch of Hoppertunity.

2.) And now, for God's sake, you don't even know the definition of the word, GENERATION!! Unfamiliar with the breeding term--CROP?

Please, consider a break. Let others enjoy California Chrome's journey for the upcoming five weeks.

EOC.

mostpost
05-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey, wonder boy. I never said he was a fraud. I said he WAS A BAD BET. Get your facts straight.

I never stated this. I said he was competitive and could win. He was my fourth choice out of 19. Of course I thought he could win. And I never said his times were misleading. He had one of the top four numbers coming into the race.

I did say this. Relatively weak, compared to the horses who ran in the Wood Memorial. You got something right that I said...sort of...congrats.

Never said this.

Never said this.

Never said this...notice a trend wonder boy?

Never came close to saying this. Again, all I said was he wasn't worth a bet given his expected price.

I never said any of this post-race.

How long was he standing up waving at the crowd? The way you guys are talking, I fully expect Espinoza to be suspended.

You sir, have no clue as to what I have written about this race, either pre-race or post-race. Continue on making a fool of yourself.
You've just proven my point, because I never said that you said any of the above. I said that there were people who said all that and indeed they did. But just like with Smarty Cide and his "Suck it" you chose to take it personally.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:31 AM
You were the one that issued a picks challenge. Your horse racing handicapping ability directly put up against my handicapping ability . You said I would be scared to accept your challenge and once again I proved you wrong by readily accepting your challenge.

I only suggested doing the whole card because I figured it would be harder for you to make up excuses why you lost afterwards. Now your saying the whole card does not prove anything ...

So let mr get this straight ... You challenge me to a picks contest for one race. I accept and suggest we do the whole card and than you back out of the challenge because a 13 race card is not enough to prove anything ignoring the fact your initial challenge that you put forth was only for one race.

What am I missing here ??? Your logic pattern is all over the place. Just like your handicapping abilities. If your scared to to go through with your own challenge than just say so, but I'll take you on on a picks contest anytime . You can pick the track. We can do it over as many race cards as you like. You can even pick the format.

We can just do it for fun . With nothing more than bragging rights on the line ...You are a master at BS and rhetoric, I'll give you that. Keep putting words in my mouth...

Just pick a damn track (like I asked you to in the beginning) and whenever we both agree we can handicap a particular day, we'll post picks for the entire card (minus maiden races). I'll start the thread in the selections forum. 100 races.

In fact, I'll start the thread right now...let's stop messing up this fine thread you started with this "mine is bigger than yours" nonsense that probably nobody is interested in besides us.

Here's the thread...see you there...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1633299#post1633299

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:34 AM
You've just proven my point, because I never said that you said any of the above. I said that there were people who said all that and indeed they did. But just like with Smarty Cide and his "Suck it" you chose to take it personally.The only people who took things personally were those few who were "all in" on Chrome before the race, and couldn't stand that there were others who thought Chrome wasn't a good bet.

For some reason, THEY took that personally...instead of just agreeing to disagree in terms of handicapping, they started inventing all these "east coast bias" bullshit, anti-Cali-bred bullshit, and all sorts of other nonsense. They took the fact that others weren't betting Chrome to be a personal attack on them!!

It was funny. I got a good laugh. I never took it personally. I really couldn't care any less. But at the same time, I'm not going to sit back and not call out bullshit when I see it.

mostpost
05-06-2014, 11:36 AM
I did say this. Relatively weak, compared to the horses who ran in the Wood Memorial. You got something right that I said...sort of...congrats.

The Wood Memorial was strong and the Kentucky Derby was weak. Yet the top two finishers in the Wood plus Uncle Sigh ran in the Derby. In addition to that you had the second and third place finshers in the Florida Derby; the first and second place finishers in the Arkansas Derby, the top three finishers in the Louisiana Derby; the winner and second place finishers in the Blue Grass Stakes and the winner and third place horse in the Santa Anita Derby.

If you think that the Wood Memorial was a stronger race than the Kentucky Derby then you must believe that Harpoon, Los Borrachos, Schiaverelli, Kristo, and Noble Moon are candidates for the Hall of Fame.

ETA: Oh yeah, I stipulate that you would beat me in a handicapping contest whatever the rules. I am a recreational handicapper and at the moment I have little or no time to devote to an intensive study of the races. Even if I did you would most likely prevail. Congratulations. I will be watching the contest with interest, but I will be rooting for neither you nor mad scientist.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Between your booze binges, the filth, the lack of writing skill...your numerous posts have read like a 5th grader's....suck it? Seriously! Not one of these gentlemen cares about the habits of middle schoolers.No Grits. Don't you realize you're only writing this because you have an east-coast bias and you hate the fact Chrome isn't a Kentucky bred!!!

Wake up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
The Wood Memorial was strong and the Kentucky Derby was weak. Yet the top two finishers in the Wood plus Uncle Sigh ran in the Derby. In addition to that you had the second and third place finshers in the Florida Derby; the first and second place finishers in the Arkansas Derby, the top three finishers in the Louisiana Derby; the winner and second place finishers in the Blue Grass Stakes and the winner and third place horse in the Santa Anita Derby.

If you think that the Wood Memorial was a stronger race than the Kentucky Derby then you must believe that Harpoon, Los Borrachos, Schiaverelli, Kristo, and Noble Moon are candidates for the Hall of Fame.Where did I say the Wood Memorial was a stronger race than the Kentucky Derby? Is "inventing things that weren't stated" a new thing around here?

Learn to read. In your quote of me above, I was responding to all the things I wrote PRE-RACE. That was all PRE-RACE stuff we were talking about.

I only said that the Wood Memorial, IN MY OPINION, was the strongest Derby PREP RACE.

Again, the only people taking things PERSONALLY around here are the folks who were "ALL IN" on Chrome and couldn't stand the fact that there were those of us out there who dared bet against him.

This whole saga has already passed the Zenyatta stuff in terms of silliness, and I will start shutting it all down very soon. I won't allow this nonsense to continue any longer, so I suggest some of you get that through your heads now.

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 11:44 AM
The only people who took things personally were those few who were "all in" on Chrome before the race, and couldn't stand that there were others who thought Chrome wasn't a good bet.

for teh record i never took it personally, i just thought it was crazy that people couldnt see something that was so obvious... We may never see a derby so easy to handicap again....

there was never a doubt

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
for teh record i never took it personally, i just thought it was crazy that people couldnt see something that was so obvious... We may never see a derby so easy to handicap again....

there was never a doubtIn other words, you DID take it personally, instead of simply accepting there will always be different opinions on a horse race. That's why they actually race them.

It's one thing to be passionate...quite another for you and others to start ascribing conspiracy theories as to why some people didn't bet on Chrome, "he's not a blue-blood Kentucky bred" being my favorite. As if any of us handicappers really gives two shits about where a horse is bred when it comes to rooting for it...

If you want to keep coming off like a troll (by repeating the same stuff over and over and over again), by all means, do so. Just know you won't be long for this place if you do.

onefast99
05-06-2014, 11:54 AM

there was never a doubt
I'm glad you won some $, CC ran a great race, now that it is old news lets await the next round on May 17th. A lot can happen on the way to the Preakness...

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 11:54 AM
In other words, you DID take it personally, instead of simply accepting there will always be different opinions on a horse race. That's why they actually race them.

It's one thing to be passionate...quite another for you and others to start ascribing conspiracy theories as to why some people didn't bet on Chrome, "he's not a blue-blood Kentucky bred" being my favorite. As if any of us handicappers really gives two shits about where a horse is bred when it comes to rooting for it...

If you want to keep coming off like a troll (by repeating the same stuff over and over and over again), by all means, do so. Just know you won't be long for this place if you do.

please show me where i posted about conspiracy theories... you must have me mixed up with something else....

i was just the guy that was pretty confident in california chrome and posted about it.... no conspiracy theories no repeating. just a guy that was flat out right when it came to this years kentucky derby... thats all

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
please show me where i posted about conspiracy theories... you must have me mixed up with something else....

i was just the guy that was pretty confident in california chrome and posted about it.... no conspiracy theories no repeating. just a guy that was flat out right when it came to this years kentucky derby... thats allRight...you don't keep posting how you can't believe everyone didn't bet on Chrome...it was SOOOOO obvious...

I'm not going to get into a debate on the minutia...like it or not, the buck stops here with me...and I know people have grown weary of all this shtick.

Congrats on picking the Derby winner. Enjoy your money.

Let's all move onto the next race.

Thanks.

Smarty Cide
05-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Right...you don't keep posting how you can't believe everyone didn't bet on Chrome...it was SOOOOO obvious...

is that really a conspiracy theory though?

bks
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
PA, perhaps you could elaborate on why you "liked" the Wood as a prep race to key off of. I didn't see it, to be honest. It might mitigate feelings of east coast bias.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
is that really a conspiracy theory though?I said "you and others..." I meant to post more than just the conspiracy examples...let it go...move on...thanks.

You won. Congrats.

If you don't stop with the nonsense, I might tell you to SUCK IT.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:02 PM
PA, perhaps you could elaborate on why you "liked" the Wood as a prep race to key off of. I didn't see it, to be honest. It might mitigate feelings of east coast bias.For starters, it had the highest race rating of all the preps on TimeformUS.

But then again, they will be accused as an "east coast" company thus susceptible to the "east coast" bias, so it doesn't matter what I say...

Like I said, let's move on.

Next race.

MNslappy
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
The only people who took things personally were those few who were "all in" on Chrome before the race, and couldn't stand that there were others who thought Chrome wasn't a good bet. For some reason, THEY took that personally...instead of just agreeing to disagree in terms of handicapping, they started inventing all these "east coast bias" bullshit, anti-Cali-bred bullshit, and all sorts of other nonsense. They took the fact that others weren't betting Chrome to be a personal attack on them!!

THIS.

I'm not a hater, I just thought he was a bad bet. I left him off my tickets. But it's nothing personal against the horse, the connections, fans of the horse, or the state of California.

classhandicapper
05-06-2014, 12:35 PM
You Chrome fanboys are just like the Zenyatta fanboys, which is unfortunate. If there was any chance of me liking this horse, it's constant BS threads and posts like these that will see that chance get flushed down the toilet.

Thanks a lot.

Zenyatta would kick Chrome's behind even after having 3 kids. ;) ;) ;)

ArlJim78
05-06-2014, 12:48 PM
For starters, it had the highest race rating of all the preps on TimeformUS.

But then again, they will be accused as an "east coast" company thus susceptible to the "east coast" bias, so it doesn't matter what I say...

Like I said, let's move on.

Next race.
I know you're being sarcastic about the east coast bias thing, but from my perspective in the middle of the country, it's not even a question, it exists. It's almost comical to watch.
Had the tables been turned and it was NY Chrome reeling off consecutive open length victories capped off by the Wood with the highest beyer, do you think the east coast crowd would nearly unanimously be selecting the winner of the SA derby based on it's race rating? And honestly do you see yourself in that scenario rating the 'NY Chrome' horse as fifth best for the derby behind 4 runners from the SA derby? come on.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I know you're being sarcastic about the east coast bias thing, but from my perspective in the middle of the country, it's not even a question, it exists. It's almost comical to watch.
Had the tables been turned and it was NY Chrome reeling off consecutive open length victories capped off by the Wood with the highest beyer, do you think the east coast crowd would nearly unanimously be selecting the winner of the SA derby based on it's race rating? And honestly do you see yourself in that scenario rating the 'NY Chrome' horse as fifth best for the derby behind 4 runners from the SA derby? come on.Man, I handicap solely off numbers for the most part...for better or for worse.

If Chrome came up the best on the numbers I was using, I'd put him on top, rate him at 4-1 or whatever, AND STILL SAY he was a bad bet.

With me, it's all about setting an odds line based on whatever numbers I am using. That's it.

Has nothing to do with east coast bias.

MY TWO FAVORITE HORSES OF ALL TIME ARE HOLY BULL AND SUNDAY SILENCE.

So you can't accuse me of having a bias. I like a horse based on his ability and his numbers. I am a numbers guy.

Silly regional biases don't work into the equation for me. Never have.

goatchaser
05-06-2014, 12:56 PM
This thread was a fun read. Ty for letting me read it before you closed it down.

Mystic
05-06-2014, 01:10 PM
This thread was a fun read. Ty for letting me read it before you closed it down.
Not sure if "fun" is the word I would use, but my eyes sure hurt from all the eye rolling :D

JJMartin
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Curve was coming to get Chrome at the end of the race and if he would have caught him, would have paid $77.6. Even Curve's show pay is better than Chrome's win. Of course, you could argue that Curve was not an easy choice to handicap but the point is, any selection rather than Chrome is a better choice. If Chrome is in the next race, the overlays will be even bigger.

mostpost
05-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Had the tables been turned and it was NY Chrome reeling off consecutive open length victories capped off by the Wood with the highest beyer, do you think the east coast crowd would nearly unanimously be selecting the winner of the SA derby based on it's race rating? And honestly do you see yourself in that scenario rating the 'NY Chrome' horse as fifth best for the derby behind 4 runners from the SA derby? come on.
Absolutely correct! You're really smart in the horse racing forums. Someone must be hacking into your account over in off topic. :lol: :lol:

dartman51
05-06-2014, 02:46 PM
you can't be serious with some of these? Cali chrome might get a restraining order against you...these seem more like personal issues then handicapping angles

:lol: sounds like he's trying to talk himself out of betting on him in the Preakness. :D

Tall One
05-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Did I miss anything ?

Rosario has picked up the mount on ROC in the Preakness..:p

Icanrate2
05-06-2014, 03:22 PM
1. Was hand ridden for most of the stretch run. Won easily and geared down towards the wire.

2. California Chrome is not your average Cal bred

3. Chrome made his own trip. When a horse has good tactical speed his trip it not dependent on other horses running styles.

4. Time only matters if you’re in jail. His won the race…period. On another note, Sunday Silence was no scrub. He won the Derby, Preakness and Breeders Cup Classic……and then revolutionized Japan’s breeding industry.

5. How many states does he need to race in to get accolades….he is not a politician traveling trying to pick up votes.

6. The Derby field he beat was weak???? He beat every other horse that qualified through the point system.

7. Taking shots at Hall of Fame Jockeys…too much time on your hands.

8. His owners believe in their colt and they did say he was going to win the Derby.

9. Art Sherman knows how to train his horse, if he feels Chrome does not need a work over the Pimlico surface than I trust his judgment.

10. At the end of the day there is only going to be one Preakness winner and my money is on California Chrome (although there won't be any value in the win pools).

thaskalos
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Zenyatta would kick Chrome's behind even after having 3 kids. ;) ;) ;)
And the Zenyatta fanboys are better handicappers than the CC fanboys. :cool:

Saratoga_Mike
05-06-2014, 05:35 PM
And the Zenyatta fanboys are better handicappers than the CC fanboys. :cool:

Thin-skinned, though...sometimes they'll throw in the towel and quit. :)