PDA

View Full Version : Putin.....Russian military

JustRalph
05-05-2014, 08:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/us-russian-planes-more-active-asia-pacific-201733886.html;_ylt=AwrBJR869GdTahwAWzvQtDMD

Some of this stuff that's going on, I find it a little unprecedented. I was attached to an intercept unit in California in the early 80's. They did coastal patrols and intercepted Russian bombers and ships. It gives me mini goose bumps when I read this stuff today.

Russia and China together is an old nightmare, ........creeping back into my nights

Emdzsz_XvfA

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2014, 12:48 AM
This is what happens when foreign leaders believe they have a free ride thanks to the Democrats and Obama's anti-Bush, HANDS OFF military policies.

If they believe America is "war-weary" and reluctant to involve itself ANYWHERE, then this gives them free reign to do as they please, knowing there will be little to no repercussions.

Strike while the iron is hot, says the bare-chested cowboy on horseback.

DJofSD
05-06-2014, 09:24 AM
For myself, I am not surprised by the moves Putin is making. But what scares the sh*t out of me is not having the faith and confidence the US is going to do anything other than sanctions. Putin is just a bully but it appears no one is going to stand up to him.

I guess this is what comes from fooling yourself by thinking we live is a gentler, kinder world.

BlueShoe
05-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Some of this stuff that's going on, I find it a little unprecedented. I was attached to an intercept unit in California in the early 80's. They did coastal patrols and intercepted Russian bombers and ships. It gives me mini goose bumps when I read this stuff today.
Putin's goal is to restore the power and glory of the old Soviet Union.These reports of increased Russian military presence and penetration in the Pacific remind us once again that the Cold War never really ended in 1991 with the formal ending of the USSR, but just continued onward with only a name change. Not mentioned in the article is the absolute certainty of Russian submarines prowling very close to our military facilities. Like JR, this activity reminds me of my time in uniform, when as a member of the CIC team aboard a Navy warship we often kept watch over such Soviet activities.