PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas D, Sta Anita D and Wood Memorial...

luisbe
05-04-2014, 09:28 PM
...three good races where the winners and ITM were flattered by Kentucky Derby.
Samraat 5th and Wicked Strong 4th (by a nose, with a terrible trip), Danza 3rd and Ride On Curlin (7th also with an eventful trip), California Chrome and Candy Boy (very bad luck in the race). Louisiana Derby proved to be a bluff (Vicar's in Trouble, Intense Holiday, etc.)
We should add absents Social Inclusion and Hoppertunity and I think we will have a very fun second part of the year to fight for 3 year old horse of the year and maybe BCC, CC took a great advantage though.

burnsy
05-04-2014, 09:47 PM
I used Wicked Strong and Samraat. Wicked Strong never had a chance with that pedestrian pace plus traffic. Other people here called it too, I thought the pace would be quicker, it usually is. Samraat ran ok without a real excuse. The horse that I think ran good and is improving quickly is Danza. He had a horror trip and ran on. This horse was kept top secret and played close to the vest. Fourth lifetime race he jogs in Arkansas, next race he probably ran the second best in the derby. First two times at 2 turns very impressive may move forward.

elhelmete
05-04-2014, 10:27 PM
I thought the Wood was probably the deepest prep.

SecretAgentMan
05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
I think Chrome can win the crown but I know for sure there will be 2 horses gunning for him.......Wicked Strong & Danza.