PDA

View Full Version : Commanding Curve

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Congratulations to my friend David Ackerman, who owns a small % of this colt and made his first trip to the Kentucky Derby today (he has a small piece of Ring Weekend, too)
Got to participate in the walkover and then watch CC run 2nd, to the other CC....what a thrill.

A true router and CD lover got the ideal set up for a grinder like himself. A long race and many foes who just weren't bred to go that far...you will pass a lot of horses under those circumstances.
Invisible Ink part two, but at half the price.

They will skip Baltimore and point towards the Belmont - a good idea in my opinion as Pimlico will not flatter this colt at all.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2014, 01:17 AM
I remember you mentioning him in the Derby chat last night (it was quite the intimate affair, as only four of us could get into the room...lol).

Very happy for you and your friend that you got to experience that! That must have been awesome watching the "other CC" closing ground like that in the stretch of the Kentucky Derby!

Some_One
05-04-2014, 01:17 AM
While I wish all the best for your friend, not sure the Belmont is the best option, much money has been burned in the Belmont by the 'fast closing in Derby so he must love the Belmont distance' type horses like Ice Box and Dullahan.

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 01:20 AM
While I wish all the best for your friend, not sure the Belmont is the best option, much money has been burned in the Belmont by the 'fast closing in Derby so he must love the Belmont distance' type horses like Ice Box and Dullahan.
or Jazil ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2014, 01:23 AM
or Jazil ;)I was just gonna post that...

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 05:05 PM
I remember you mentioning him in the Derby chat last night (it was quite the intimate affair, as only four of us could get into the room...lol).

Very happy for you and your friend that you got to experience that! That must have been awesome watching the "other CC" closing ground like that in the stretch of the Kentucky Derby!
And the beat goes on for my friend...

in addition to owning a small piece of Commanding Curve and Ring Weekend, he also has a piece of Ground Transport, who just won the 100k Drosselmeyer Stks at Belmont...that on the heels of 100k Stks win at Laurel.

Is he having a good weekend, or what?

BettinBilly
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
That's amazing, POT. Congrats to you friend. He's livin' the life.