PDA

View Full Version : Who will challenge California Chrome at the Preakness?

rvaccha
05-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Having seen California Chrome's run at the Derby...are there any likely 'contenders' for him at the Preakness?

razorback5
05-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Having seen California Chrome's run at the Derby...are there any likely 'contenders' for him at the Preakness?
Whoever runs in he Preakness I hope they run better then the KD and don't just hand it to him. That was a painfully slow horse race.

Greyfox
05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
"Never the horse that's never been rode.
Never the cowboy that's never been throwed."

A different track surface and race dynamic can change the outcome of any group of runners - and fresh starters will be coming.

Smarty Cide
05-03-2014, 06:50 PM
no one

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2014, 06:56 PM
It's going to be walkovers from here on out.... :lol: :lol:

Oh brother...

raybo
05-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Isn't Untapable pointing to the Preakness, heard somewhere that they are thinking about it.

rvaccha
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Who are the likely fresh contenders? Untapable has been mentioned on this thread.

Who from the Derby may go on to the Preakness?

Thanks

Rex Phinney
05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Assmussen all but ruled out Untapable, I think NBC just ambushed them yesterday, I've never heard the connections ever mention the Preakness. NBC is the center of those rumors not the connections

Tall One
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Social Inclusion

SecretAgentMan
05-03-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm just assuming dome of these horse will run back......

Danza......Wicked Strong......Samraat

Bill Cullen
05-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Danza

chadk66
05-03-2014, 09:01 PM
If CC run's even close to the Derby he'll walk. He barely broke a sweat today.

Run Nicholas Run
05-03-2014, 10:16 PM

candy boy and medal count if they come out of the derby sound, also

TMQ
05-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Social Inclusion...... Might make things interesting no doubt he will push a fast pace!

ArlJim78
05-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Social Inclusion...... Might make things interesting no doubt he will push a fast pace!
yep, this horse social inclusion could be very dangerous.

cj
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM
yep, this horse social inclusion could be very dangerous.

Scratched at Gulfstream today with a hoof bruise or something, sounds a little fishy.

Mad Scientist
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Kid Cruz

This horse has been pointing to the Preakness for quite awhile and he loves Pimlico. His last two races were freakish. This is the horse that could play triple crown spoiler if Chrome does not bring his A game. If Chrome does bring his A game than I think they are all running for second .

luisbe
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM

Wicked Strong? I think they will go to Belmont instead, as well as Commanding Curve, Medal Count.
I think Danza will do, Social Inclusion, maybe Samraat (this one will skip the Belmont for sure)...Hoppertunity? bayern? Kid Cuz?Pablo del Monte?

Speed Figure
05-03-2014, 11:30 PM
I would love to see Untapable run in the Preakness! I think she would make the race very interesting.

nijinski
05-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Isn't Untapable pointing to the Preakness, heard somewhere that they are thinking about it.

But would they bring her back that quickly ? I'd think no .

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 01:18 AM
no one
Pretty much
I expect him to waltz home in Baltimore by a larger margin than he won the Derby, and then you know what happens in NY.

MNslappy
05-04-2014, 01:36 AM
and then you know what happens in NY.

Scratched the week of the race and retired.

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Scratched the week of the race and retired.
:lol:
I was just thinking someone would spoil the Triple Crown bid, but your idea is better

SecretAgentMan
05-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Wicked Strong? I think they will go to Belmont instead, as well as Commanding Curve, Medal Count.
I think Danza will do, Social Inclusion, maybe Samraat (this one will skip the Belmont for sure)...Hoppertunity? bayern? Kid Cuz?Pablo del Monte?

Yeah, I forgot, Wicked Strong runs his best in NY.........he's definitely gonna skip the Preakness & point to NY & spoiling the crown.

I don't see much competition in Baltimore, my goodness, will we see at least 3-5? I really want to bet him big in Baltimore cause I won't be betting him at all in NY, just cheering him on.

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I forgot, Wicked Strong runs his best in NY.........he's definitely gonna skip the Preakness & point to NY & spoiling the crown.

I don't see much competition in Baltimore, my goodness, will we see at least 3-5? I really want to bet him big in Baltimore cause I won't be betting him at all in NY, just cheering him on.
Compared to what he will be in Baltimore, 2-1 was a bargain today.
3-5 sounds about right...he will get pounded

clocker7
05-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Maybe a few days will mellow things out, but it seems like Samraat might skip. He ran a full-out, leave-it-all-on-the-track race against a horse with his exact running style, but just isn't good enough. Unlike quite a few in the race, he had an honest test of his relative talents.

Now, getting a Triple Crown victory on a resume is huge, and can be an irresistable siren-song, but Samraat's trainer's post-race comments probably won't be too encouraging for his fans:

"I though he ran his eyeballs out. He laid it out on the line. The kid rode a terrific race. No second guessing, my horse ran a great race. The winner was just better. We looked him in the eye and he just pulled away. My horse came out of the race good. So far so good. I feel bad for a horse that ran so well and so hard and only got fifth place."

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Maybe a few days will mellow things out, but it seems like Samraat might skip. He ran a full-out, leave-it-all-on-the-track race against a horse with his exact running style, but just isn't good enough. Unlike quite a few in the race, he had an honest test of his relative talents.

Now, getting a Triple Crown victory on a resume is huge, and can be an irresistable siren-song, but Samraat's trainer's post-race comments probably won't be too encouraging for his fans:

"I though he ran his eyeballs out. He laid it out on the line. The kid rode a terrific race. No second guessing, my horse ran a great race. The winner was just better. We looked him in the eye and he just pulled away. My horse came out of the race good. So far so good. I feel bad for a horse that ran so well and so hard and only got fifth place."
Samraat was my key runner.
That about sums it up - he ran well, very well, but he isn't in the league of the other pace runner and winner California Chrome. He was the only pace participant who didn't crumble after Chrome was done destroying them.
Preakness would be a mistake, esp with Social Inclusion possibly running.

Bullet Plane
05-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Bayern should be shooting for that race, as well.

Smarty Cide
05-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Big Brown went off 1-5 even with the 40-1 coming in 2nd the $2 exacta only paid 36.60 gonna be hard to bet that race

id expect Bayern and Social Inclusion to be the top new comers. I dont see California Chrome not wining but I just dont see how you can bet this race.

as far as the Belmont goes if he gets there why even bet it. If you are gonna bet it might as well take a few 30-1's and put 10 bucks on em to win looking for the next D'Tara and just root for California Chrome to make history

onefast99
05-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Scratched at Gulfstream today with a hoof bruise or something, sounds a little fishy.
I thought the same thing I'm glad they scratched out of the Sir Bear yesterday if there isn't anything wrong with SI he will have plenty of rest headed into the Preakness.

Dark Horse
05-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Shared Belief is back in training. Just in case anybody got the strange idea that CC is the best 3 yo in California. ;)