PDA

View Full Version : Untapable

Bullet Plane
05-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Whew! That is one seriously fast filly.... powerful performance.

Scored a 107 Beyer...

fastest since Rachel A (108).... and RA was the fastest in quite a while.

Wonder if this one is going to the Preakness?

Mineshaft
05-03-2014, 09:08 AM
serious race horse

KingChas
05-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Agree ,but the runner up was also quite impressive considering,
Non raced at 2. 4th career start.
Great potential to improve when and if they meet again later down the line. ;)

My Miss Sophia

Rex Phinney
05-03-2014, 10:10 AM
That race was a total mess to start, and then after they did get it going two of the best speed horses in the race missed the break. This left a stalker like Untapable with an easy lead to follow and when sugar shock folded like a cheap suit the race was all too easy.

I don't think she beat much and I think today will prove the track is the reason for the time moe than the horse. A nice filly but she doesn't belong amongst the boys

classhandicapper
05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
She can't be too far off Beholder and Princess of Sylmar at this stage even though she's only facing other 3yos at this stage. If she has any upside left (3yo fillies tend to develop sooner), she could be better than them shortly.

Some_One
05-03-2014, 11:37 AM
So do you go Preakness with her like Rachel?

Rex Phinney
05-03-2014, 11:47 AM
So do you go Preakness with her like Rachel?

Why does everyone keep comparing this horse to Rachel? She isn't even in the same zip code.

No you don't take her to the Preakness, I don't think she can win that race and you risk never getting her back to top form because of running her back in two weeks.

Saratoga_Mike
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Why does everyone keep comparing this horse to Rachel? She isn't even in the same zip code.

No you don't take her to the Preakness, I don't think she can win that race and you risk never getting her back to top form because of running her back in two weeks.

Aren't her last three Beyers something like 107, 106, and 105? She seems formidable. What were RA's last three Beyers coming out of the Oaks?

tanner12oz
05-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Great call by Larry colmous

sammy the sage
05-03-2014, 05:47 PM
That race was a total mess to start, and then after they did get it going two of the best speed horses in the race missed the break. This left a stalker like Untapable with an easy lead to follow and when sugar shock folded like a cheap suit the race was all too easy.

I don't think she beat much and I think today will prove the track is the reason for the time moe than the horse. A nice filly but she doesn't belong amongst the boys

thank you thank you thank you... :jump: ...glad you ARE IN the pools... :faint:

Stillriledup
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Whew! That is one seriously fast filly.... powerful performance.

Scored a 107 Beyer...

fastest since Rachel A (108).... and RA was the fastest in quite a while.

Wonder if this one is going to the Preakness?

Hopefully they don't think she's the next Rachel and try and get silly.

Stillriledup
05-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Aren't her last three Beyers something like 107, 106, and 105? She seems formidable. What were RA's last three Beyers coming out of the Oaks?

doesn't matter, Rachel would beat her by as many as she wanted, they shouldnt ever be mentioned in the same zip code and you seem to not know this? Cmon Mike, you're better than that.

Right?

sammy the sage
05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
doesn't matter, Rachel would beat her by as many as she wanted, they shouldnt ever be mentioned in the same zip code and you seem to not know this? Cmon Mike, you're better than that.

Right?

2nd FASTEST Oaks EVER...and that's what YOU got...thank you, thank you, thank you...glad you're IN THE pools :jump: :jump: :jump:

Stillriledup
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
2nd FASTEST Oaks EVER...and that's what YOU got...thank you, thank you, thank you...glad you're IN THE pools :jump: :jump: :jump:

:bang:

I'm not in the CD pools...

..i have a backbone. ;)

Saratoga_Mike
05-04-2014, 02:53 PM

Right?

Probably so, but let's not write her off yet. I hope they give her the next 5 weeks off and run her in the Belmont.

clocker7
05-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Probably so, but let's not write her off yet. I hope they give her the next 5 weeks off and run her in the Belmont.

Modern female racing has been dumbed downed to 9f mostly.

Saratoga_Mike
05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Modern female racing has been dumbed downed to 9f mostly.

Fair point, but you could say that, to a lessor extent, about the males, too. R2R won the BEL in 2007, as I'm sure you know.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-04-2014, 11:06 PM
I really don't think she will go in the Preakness but the Black Eyed Susan most definitely. I see so much similarity in Untapable and California Chrome in that they both breeze out the gate relaxing while they are right off the shoulder of the leader and as they leave the last turn go into overdrive in the lane. My only fear is if they both are entered in the Classic this fall. I would not know whom I would put on top of my tickets. A box exacta is a no brainer.