PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes owners are right

Bill Cullen
05-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Dance with Fate

1) He ran a gutsy race in the Blue Grass and won it. He was close up at the first call DESPITE BEING 10TH IN HIS SERIAL POSTION VIS-A-VIS THE OTHER HORSES with a first call pace 13 ticks above par. Between the first call and the second call he fell back one serial postion to be 11th and lost two lengths and then did a Chrome-like move and took off like a rocket gaining 8.5 lenghths between the second call and the finish line.

2) huge improvement forward -tied with Danza with the highest CR (brisnet rating) at 122 for his last race.

3) His CR rating of 122 didn't come until after the brisner pp's were published with the post positions and M/L on this wednesday past indicating key race potentiality coming out of the Blue Grass.

4) The best value add, though, is the trainer going public with his dispute with the owner. Maybe that 20/1 M/L, which isn't such a bad M/L for what was originally a 20 horse field, gets up to 30/1 or higher at post time.

The negatives against him are much more obvious and i will let others state them.

Good luck to all!

Bill C

ArlJim78
05-02-2014, 10:48 PM
“He doesn’t have the power to get through dirt,” Eurton said. “It will break away from him. I’ve seen him train over synthetics, and he gets over it so much easier.”

Bill Cullen
05-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the quote and the value add attached to it!

Best,

Bill C

Mineshaft
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
im playing him in the exotics for sure

sally
05-03-2014, 09:51 AM
He ran well at SA in a Grade 1 in September 2013, and then bombed in the BC Juvenile, but so do a lot of others...so I think he can handle dirt...

Of course, I'm not the trainer.

But I think Corey is an aggressive rider and that could help I think...

(hope I haven't jinxed him):D

HUSKER55
05-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I doubt that you have but just in case you can.......ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will send you a list of horses... :D