PDA

View Full Version : Down on the Derby this year

pele polo
05-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Year after year it seems like the Derby gets cursed. The two McGaughey horses, Constitution, Cairo Prince, Hollendoffer's gelding. Good gracious.

Can't help but not really get excited this year. Hope someone steps up to be something special. California Chrome, love the background story. "DAP"

Only four horses in the race with the pedigree to go this long: Medal Count, Candy Boy, Ride on Curlin, and Wicked Strong.

Unless California Chrome bucks the odds, I see no saviors of the sport.

I'll pull for him and Samraat. Danza the wild card.

Placed bets today at Fair Grounds OTB in Elmwood, only $40 worth of cheap supers, tris, and Pick 4's and 5's

andtheyreoff
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Life's what you make it, bro.

BettinBilly
05-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Paradigm shift.

I'm actually up on the Derby this year. Really excited.

I've got some Exotics nailed and feel more confident than ever. I like Vicars and Wicked and a few in between (including Samraat) the Outside and Rail positions. And Chrome? Who knows. He could indeed be "The One", a some of my win/place money is on Wicked, even with his Outside Post.

This in the face of my previous Exotics and Win/Place pics that included Hopertunity. A whole day of capping shot to hell, but what the heck. Then TVG offered 4/1 guarantee on Chrome so that was an easy pick, with the rest falling into line quite nicely in the face of adversity.

My previous largest winnings in the Derby was just over $500. I hope to double that (at least) this year. So, I'm pretty excited. Can't wait.