PDA

View Full Version : No Friday DRF Form

Sparky13
05-02-2014, 12:45 PM
This morning I drove the 3 miles to where I purchase the Daily Racing Forms for Friday (on Friday) and Saturday (on Saturday) races. Normally the forms are delivered around 8:30 - 9:00 AM, but in the last few years on Oaks Day and Derby Day, they can be an hour late on their respective days. Today, I didn't go until 9:00 AM believing the Form for today, Friday, would be a little late. When I was told the Forms hadn't arrived, I waited a few minutes, left and went back 90 minutes later. There were a few people waiting in the parking lot for the forms when I went back the 2nd time. At almost exactly 12:00 Noon, the delivery person showed up with the Forms. But after the Forms were unwrapped, they were all for Saturday. No Friday Forms. I guess I won't be betting on today's races for CD, etc. I like having the actual forms in my hands then having computer print outs. The other people waiting were, along with me, not happy.

DeltaLover
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
It is 2014...

try this:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPastPerformance.do

FantasticDan
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
For years I would go to the local Wegmans supermarket on Friday afternoon to pick up the DRF for Derby Saturday. I would spend Friday night handicapping the card.

Then a couple years ago the SAT DRF stopped being delivered on Fridays. Don't know who was at fault, whether it was the DRF or a new distributor. Now the form isn't available until SAT morning.

Which sucks. :ThmbDown:

And I still don't understand why the DRF has never been available for purchase at my local OTB. :ThmbDown:

elhelmete
05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm also noticing that both equibase and brisnet still show Hoppertunity in there.

BettinBilly
05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
That's unfortunate, Sparky.

I understand you like the DRF Paper copy rather than online views, but if you PRINT out the PP's on a decent printer that has plenty of ink or toner and decent paper, you should be able to get by for the days that the DRF delivery gets foobared. IMO, printed PP's from DRF or Bris are easy to read, and you can mark away with pen, pencil or Highlighters just as you would the DRF Newsstand copy. I know, you'd rather have the DRF in your hands today, but just for one or two days a year, this may be a decent alternative.

Speed Figure
05-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Maybe you really didn't want to bet! I can't see how a horseplayer wouldn't already have the races printed out and handicapped for today's card. Hate to say it, but waiting on a form in 2014 really makes no sense at all.

Tom
05-02-2014, 02:55 PM
The printed version if by far the better value.
You get 6-10 tracks plus features.

It makes sense if you prefer to use the printed copy over printing out PDF files that you over-pay for to begin with.

Nothing better on a Friday night than pulling up lakeside with a bag of burgers and fries and flipping through the pages of a fresh form, glancing up at the sail boats ow and again.

Nothing e-compares with it. The smell of the ink, the feel of the paper.
Beats the hell out of waiting of Formulator to come one line.

badcompany
05-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Nothing better on a Friday night than pulling up lakeside with a bag of burgers and fries and flipping through the pages of a fresh form, glancing up at the sail boats ow and again.

If the track owners sold horseracing this well, the game might not be in such an appalling state.

FantasticDan
05-02-2014, 03:04 PM

It makes sense if you prefer to use the printed copy over printing out PDF files that you over-pay for to begin with.

:ThmbUp: :cool:

Also, I'm probably like a lot of people in that I ditched my desktop for a laptop and tablet a few yrs back, and my old printer fell by the wayside.

jk3521
05-02-2014, 05:05 PM

Ah ! The good ole days!

Clocker
05-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Depends on what you need and like. BRIS PPs are $1 a card, and I figure it costs me about 25 cents a card for paper and toner to print it out. (No way would I do this with an ink jet.) I prefer the BRIS over DRF too.

Tom
05-02-2014, 08:40 PM
The Derby issue of the DRF is a total joke - it is an embarrassment to the incompetents who run DRF. No logic at all as to how it was liyerally thorwn together. If they left the papaers fall on the floor off the printer and left the windows open, the wind would have doen a better job. You have to buy it to appreciate what morons theya re at DRF. After I got home, I downloaded BRIS for tomorrw and thew the Form in th garbage, where it belongs. I will NEVER buy another from that bunch of losers.

pele polo
05-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I miss living in San Diego where you could pick a form at any 7-11. They still do that?

BettinBilly
05-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I miss living in San Diego where you could pick a form at any 7-11. They still do that?

I used to pick them up at 7/11 all the time, Pele. Good point. 7/11's aren't as prevalent as they used to be, but I know where there is ONE sole store within about 5 miles of me. I'll have to check them out. I think DRF still lists 7/11 as a retail source.

I used to pick one up at Beulah, but that's closing as of tomorrow - for good.
So I guess I can try 7/11 or I'll have to go to Scioto, but I'm not a Harness guy.

Also;
I'm really happy with TimeForm, so I doubt I'll be perusing DRF or BRIS much any longer. We'll see.

grant miller
05-03-2014, 12:52 AM
when I had a stay at the cananduada (n.y) v.a . we would walk to tops supermarket and buy the form (2013) not now?

Wickel
05-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Same problem with the form in New Mexico. I drove to Albuquerque (from Santa Fe) early Friday and was told there were problems at the plant in California. It was supposed to arrive late Friday, if at all. Happens almost every year. I've had my BRIS pps since Wednesday night and am all set to go, but as Tom pointed out, it's nice to get all the features, i.e., articles, analysis, pedigree breakdown. Well, anyway, good luck to everyone. Go Wildcat Red!

Tom
05-03-2014, 10:34 AM
when I had a stay at the cananduada (n.y) v.a . we would walk to tops supermarket and buy the form (2013) not now?

Yes, TOPS and Wegmans still carry it.
You walked right by me on your way there. I'm two corners from Tops

Sparky13
05-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I buy mine at Kenny Market, just north of Henderson Road on Kenny Road here in Columbus. Except the yesterday's Friday form.

GaryG
05-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Stratford Inn Del Mar....sitting on a private patio with an ocean view sipping an adult beverage and tearing open the perforations.

cj
05-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I used to pick them up at 7/11 all the time, Pele. Good point. 7/11's aren't as prevalent as they used to be, but I know where there is ONE sole store within about 5 miles of me. I'll have to check them out. I think DRF still lists 7/11 as a retail source.

I used to pick one up at Beulah, but that's closing as of tomorrow - for good.
So I guess I can try 7/11 or I'll have to go to Scioto, but I'm not a Harness guy.

Also;
I'm really happy with TimeForm, so I doubt I'll be perusing DRF or BRIS much any longer. We'll see.

When I was stationed at McGuire AFB in NJ, I used to get the form every single morning at 7-11. All the buildings on a base are numbered, and the joke was if you needed my before 8 am I'd be working at building 3711.

ReplayRandall
09-26-2014, 11:06 PM

Remembering this quote by you and doing the exact same thing here on a cool Friday night at Lake Norman, just north of Charlotte......:) :ThmbUp:

thespaah
09-27-2014, 12:30 PM
It is 2014...

try this:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPastPerformance.do
Yeah really.
Now, I am kind of old school and if I could buy printed PP's from a store, I would.
But in case of glitches or other issues, it is just as easy to buy on line and print.