PDA

View Full Version : Sixty Minutes this week

Secretariat
04-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Bob woodward this week on Sixty Minutes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/15/60minutes/main612067.shtml

Spending money for war on Iraq without appropriations from Congress. hmmm....

Figman
04-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Who is bob woodward....someone special?

Secretariat
04-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Not sure if you're kidding or not.

http://www.heroism.org/class/1970/wood.html

Figman
04-16-2004, 08:23 PM
I wasn't kidding...try this article....or maybe it isn't the same person?
http://tinyurl.com/33xpa

Tom
04-16-2004, 08:43 PM
This is one I will buy.
BTW, did you catch the Frontline last night on PBS?
Story about Robert O'Niel (?) and FBI-Jamesbond type who was onto Bin LAden long before most people were, and was dogging the 9-11 plot befreo it happened. Might have actually prevented it had be been allowed to continue his investigation. Little b*tch ambassador to Yemen got her culers twisted up tight and denied him re-entry in to the country to finish the job.
As real-life irony, he quit the FBI in disgust and took a job as head of security at WTC just weeks befreo it happened!
He told friends that he believed OBL would someday try to finish the job from 1993.
Poor guy died in the SOuth Tower.
90 minute version and a lot of back up material at pbs.org.
Real gripping documentary.

Secretariat
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Figman
I wasn't kidding...try this article....or maybe it isn't the same person?
http://tinyurl.com/33xpa

I think your question is who is Linda Pease?

Figman
04-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Must be William Casey wasn't ever in a hospital bed and if he was, then bob woodward and his pal Stansfield Turner knew more about his condition from afar than did Casey's own family knew from being bedside? And Janet Cooke never worked at the Washington Post with her boss bob woodward responsible for her work? It appears that you don't care about the truth....only who is Janet Pease! I don't care if Elmer Fudd wrote the story if the substance is presence.

Tom
04-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Another CBS-Viacom connection for this book.:rolleyes:

Secretariat
04-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Figman
It appears that you don't care about the truth....only who is Janet Pease! I don't care if Elmer Fudd wrote the story if the substance is presence.

Without knowing who Janet Pease is, this could very well be a pen name of Tom DeLay. Who is Janet Pease?

Obviously, Presdent Bush had enough trust in Woodward's competence and qualfications to grant him an interview.

Tom
04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
What a hatchet job. Mike Wallace sounded like a little dancing whore for Kerry. Absolutely no jouralistic responsibility-just another chick in her underwear selling a book. I remeber years ago when Wallace actually had some talent. Now he is just an over the hill has been with nothing to offer.
If nothing else, he is a reminder to quit before your talent and abilities are gone-not 30 years later.
60 minutes....a puppet of Viacom.

ljb
04-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Tom,
It appears you are the only one that is following my directions as posted under my thread. Good job Tom. Based on the venom in your response it almost sounds like somebody is suffering from that old ailment, getting bit in the arse by the truth. But that is for you to decide. Oh and are you glad to hear gasoline prices will be dropping in time for the election?

Tom
04-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Ljb,
Venom? No.
I enjoy dancing whores!
I am very happy tonight.
And the gas prices, I guess we can live with that.

ljb
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Tom,
you followed my instructions quite well. Although I had suggested calling them commies with unpatriotic ties etc. Your use of dancing whores seems to work nicely.
If you can't debate the issues just call them names.

Secretariat
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Tom
What a hatchet job. Mike Wallace sounded like a little dancing whore for Kerry. Absolutely no jouralistic responsibility-just another chick in her underwear selling a book. I remeber years ago when Wallace actually had some talent. Now he is just an over the hill has been with nothing to offer.
If nothing else, he is a reminder to quit before your talent and abilities are gone-not 30 years later.
60 minutes....a puppet of Viacom.

C'mon Tom. Mike Wallace doesn't need the job or give a drap. He's older than Methusalah. He could retire tomorrow. He's reacting honestly, as I did when I watched this. No congressional approval for war appropriations. I've been saying this was a pre-ordained Iraqi war, and Woodward has pretty much confirmed it with his taped interviews of those who were at those meetings.

Tom
04-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,
you followed my instructions quite well. Although I had suggested calling them commies with unpatriotic ties etc. Your use of dancing whores seems to work nicely.
If you can't debate the issues just call them names.

L and Sec...not calling Woodward namens-Wallace. If you cannot at least try to appear unbiased on so-called news prgram, then you have no business on it. That speaks volumes for CBS for allowing him to continue 40 yerars past his usefulness.
I still say the book prove snotning about a pre-ordanted war, but I will offer that the 60 Minutes show was a pre-ordfaned bash-Bush vote for Kerry commerical masquerading as news and interview. Viacom was hawking a book and helping Kerry.
That is the only truth I got out it all.

BTW.
Kerry walks into a bar and sits donw on a stool.
Bartender walks over and says, "Why the long face?"

*chortle chortle*:D

freeneasy
04-20-2004, 03:07 AM
i dont trust that right eye of his, you know, the one thats scarier looking then the other:D

ljb
04-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Tom here's another:
Bush walks into a bar and sits down on a stool.
Bartender walks over and says "Sorry buddy but I'm cutting you off." Yuk yuk :D