PDA

View Full Version : Irag More Democratic Than USA????

JustMissed
04-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I wonder sometimes about US democracy. Glad I have chosen to do my own thing regardless of what is going on around me.

I just read the following excerpt from the Drudge Report and it got me to thinking about how in the hell we end up with two members of the Skull and Bones running against each other for president:

"Kerry's wife mum on money

By MAGGIE HABERMAN
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU

Ketchup countess Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry, has no plans to make her tax records public, campaign officials said yesterday.
The heiress to the Heinz fortune of more than $500 million filed tax returns for last year separately from her husband.

This week, Kerry released his statement - showing he took in $395,000 in his Senate salary and other income - but his wife withheld her filings.

Kerry campaign spokesman Mark Kornblau argued that a different standard of privacy is acceptable. "She's not running for President," he said.

But it's unclear how much their finances mingle. Last year, Kerry mortgaged part of the couple's $6 million home, which Heinz Kerry paid for originally, to help keep his campaign alive."

GIVE ME A BREAK, MY MAYBE PRESIDENT'S WIFE IS A "COUNTESS".

Sometimes when I think of the choices a two-party system affords us it is pretty fightening.

JustMissed