acorn54
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
valuist thanks for the thread-was an enjoyable hour of intelligent discussion

Robert Fischer
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
thanks

bbopjz
02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Paul Matties figures are available to purchase?

lamboguy
02-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Paul Matties figures are available to purchase?he doesn't sell his figures.

TravisVOX
02-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Can someone post an actual link to the interview page?

Red Knave
02-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Can someone post an actual link to the interview page?

:rolleyes:

http://www.eog.com/contests/paul-matties-800k-richer/

TravisVOX
02-06-2016, 08:47 PM
:rolleyes:

http://www.eog.com/contests/paul-matties-800k-richer/

Thanks. Sorry to be such an inconvenience. I only saw the one minute video and didn't see the lineup of audio shows to the right.

Kash$
02-07-2016, 08:41 AM
I found his comment about maybe quitting the ny circuit interesting.

SG4
02-08-2016, 12:05 AM

Would you mind telling us the reason behind this consideration?

ultracapper
02-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Sorry if I'm being petty, but that article needs some serious proof reading. A horrid read just because of the terrible typos, and the mis-spelling of the champs name multiple times.

Stillriledup
02-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Anyone have the final standings of all the players and final bankrolls or, is this info a secret?

ebcorde
02-08-2016, 07:02 AM
The guy did fantastic, it was his day. If you're determined to hammer these Horses and grind it out Sat after Sat. , you'll have days like that.

Technically , he revealed nothing. I looked at his choices, he stayed away from favs ( :rolleyes: ) , threw out the crappiest horses, then looked for value. I did not download Oaklawn, can't say about that.
What I saw he hit with one ML 20-1 shot, all the others were ML 12-1 and below. Trainer/Class/Speed were average or above, Recent Form was almost always above average. That's what I saw.

stringmail
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Anyone have the final standings of all the players and final bankrolls or, is this info a secret?

You can see final leaderboard and his plays on NTRA.com. Just poke around on that site.

They also have the rules still posted so you can read on how many bets it took to acquire the totals

Stillriledup
02-08-2016, 12:27 PM
You can see final leaderboard and his plays on NTRA.com. Just poke around on that site.

They also have the rules still posted so you can read on how many bets it took to acquire the totals

I don't see final standings at all for this specific nhc, it's some 'tour' points which seems to have nothing to do with this one tourney.

stringmail
02-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't see final standings at all for this specific nhc, it's some 'tour' points which seems to have nothing to do with this one tourney.

Dude. You are ridiculous. Just scroll on page, you can see his plays, and click on the very obviously titled National Handicapping Championship at the top left and it will take you to the standings.

Be resourceful. C'mon!

P Matties Jr
03-26-2016, 04:05 AM

It was in response to turf handicapping and NYRA running a high percentage of turf races. I understand why and I'm not blaming them, but I don't particularly like the direction the racing at NYRA has gone, especially in the summer months. In the end, I've determined the races at NYRA are so important to the whole racing scene, that you can't just drop it. The form there has a direct impact on racing at FL, Mth, Lrl, Prx, Pen, GP, Tam, CD, Kee, even a few others so it's imperative to know what's going on there. That's what that comment was all about.

Kash$
03-26-2016, 08:25 AM
It was in response to turf handicapping and NYRA running a high percentage of turf races. I understand why and I'm not blaming them, but I don't particularly like the direction the racing at NYRA has gone, especially in the summer months. In the end, I've determined the races at NYRA are so important to the whole racing scene, that you can't just drop it. The form there has a direct impact on racing at FL, Mth, Lrl, Prx, Pen, GP, Tam, CD, Kee, even a few others so it's imperative to know what's going on there. That's what that comment was all about.

Thanks for your response.