PDA

View Full Version : Chrome sucking wind after workout..

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
According to workout reports CC was sucking wind after his jog this morning..

Mystic
05-01-2014, 10:26 AM
If he scratches.. What a cluster f#!&ck it will be..:eek:

lamboguy
05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
With this latest flaw in the horse, even if he runs, along with the scratch of HOPPERTUNITY, it hurts the great deal on WICKED STRONG coming from the outside. looks like i am going to have to go back to the drawing board once more. :bang:

tiger rose
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
latest tweet on drf posted 10:20 am

ALL WELL WITH CALIFORNIA CHROME
California Chrome schooled in the paddock and at the gate, then galloped strongly, looking particularly well the latter part of the gallop. "He's on the bit today," remarked trainer Art Sherman. "He's all business. Yesterday he was looking around."

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Do you have a link?

depalma113
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM

According to who?

elhelmete
05-01-2014, 11:56 AM

where?

bgbootha
05-01-2014, 12:10 PM
This is the kind of $#&% that drives me crazy. I looked all over my usual reports and nothing but good reports coming from CC after his gallop this morning.

Smarty Cide
05-01-2014, 12:14 PM
its a CC smear campaign going on... its all bullshit, line em up and then lets see who wins enough is enough already. we might have a superstar on our hands and everyone wants to tear him down... bunch of fn MO-RONS if you ask me...

lets just see what he does on saturday

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
He must have a straight line to the pooper scooper........

precocity
05-01-2014, 12:28 PM
its a CC smear campaign going on... its all bullshit, line em up and then lets see who wins enough is enough already. we might have a superstar on our hands and everyone wants to tear him down... bunch of fn MO-RONS if you ask me...

lets just see what he does on saturday
Hey cide had a dream too? :13: Chitu????WTF!!!! DONT EVEN LIKE HIM BUT GOT TO PLAY HIM NOW? :rolleyes:

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Matt Bernier's twitter account...

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
latest tweet on drf posted 10:20 am

ALL WELL WITH CALIFORNIA CHROME
California Chrome schooled in the paddock and at the gate, then galloped strongly, looking particularly well the latter part of the gallop. "He's on the bit today," remarked trainer Art Sherman. "He's all business. Yesterday he was looking around."

NOT buying this..

iceknight
05-01-2014, 12:44 PM

lets just see what he does on saturday OR. people trying to get higher price on him. It's not like we have never seen Downgrade and Upgrade of stocks on wall street followed by a takeover or fda denial etc. People are the same lol

ArlJim78
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
that tweet was also not sourced, he just said he read a report.
nowhere else is anything like that being reported.

elhelmete
05-01-2014, 12:57 PM

All Matt said was what he "heard." No attribution.

ten2oneormore
05-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I think it's funny that we handicap a certain way 364 days a year but for some reason a lot of people handicap by looks/workouts/gallops on the biggest day of the year.

If Medal Count or Intense Holiday win I may start next year.Both appear slow on figs but getting rave reviews form the clockers.

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 01:01 PM
that tweet was also not sourced, he just said he read a report.
nowhere else is anything like that being reported.

Strange no one else has read this report...Came from someplace no?

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
I think it's funny that we handicap a certain way 364 days a year but for some reason a lot of people handicap by looks/workouts/gallops on the biggest day of the year.

If Medal Count or Intense Holiday win I may start next year.Both appear slow on figs but getting rave reviews form the clockers.

Couldnt agree more.

elhelmete
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM

Why would it have to? People make shit up all the time.

bks
05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Mike Welsch seems concerned about CC, two days in a row now.

http://www.drf.com/events/kentucky-derby-field-churchill-downs

It's bothersome to me, since had the reports been good I would have had him rated miles better than the others. But he's a horse, after all. His sleep got screwed up travelling, and it's a new track he may not like. As of now, I'm backing off him slightly, and waiting to here what Welsch has to day tomorrow.

I will be very disappointed if something like travel wear-and-tear beats him. Even a bad trip you can live with: it happens and it's somewhat foreseeable. I have no way to account for the variables surrounding coming 2,000 miles east (over the Rockies as well ;)

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Migliore agreed...

California Chrome was on the track on Wednesday, and the Daily Racing Form’s clocker Mike Welsch (http://www.drf.com/events/kentucky-derby-workouts-churchill-downs) wasn’t particularly impressed. “I gotta tell you, he is not the most impressive horse to watch when he gallops. He was not striding very smooth….Out in Southern California, he might not have had many opportunities, if any at all, to set foot on a wet racetrack like we had this morning. But it’s something you have to be concerned about.”

Richard Migliore, on HRTV’s Pursuit of the Crown, expressed similar concerns. “I really didn’t like how he carried his tail even.” Ok, that’s probably “too much information.” Both gentlemen were quick to point out that they don’t have a frame of reference as to how the colt generally trains. “It’s what’s out of character for a particular horse, and she [HRTV's Zoe Cadman] says he looks much better going fast.” Which is the idea. Stay tuned for more if and when he trains faster over a fast track.

ArlJim78
05-01-2014, 01:27 PM
I'd be happy to read it if you could point me to it.

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I'd be happy to read it if you could point me to it.

Read above

ArlJim78
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Read above
that's what I suspected, nobody said anything about the horse was sucking wind, that was something you read on twitter and came hear calling it a workout report.

I've seen the stuff by Welsh already, he never said the horse was sucking wind, only that he didn't think his jog was impressive.

I'm happy that people eat up this nonsense though.

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 01:44 PM
that's what I suspected, nobody said anything about the horse was sucking wind, that was something you read on twitter and came hear calling it a workout report.

I've seen the stuff by Welsh already, he never said the horse was sucking wind, only that he didn't think his jog was impressive.

I'm happy that people eat up this nonsense though.

A.i could care less just thought about posting it since CC is being called a beast.
B.At 6/5 who cares
C.Read A/B

SandyLoam
05-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Top California horses almost always have their ways out there with shorter fields and the resulting good trips. CC would not be the first to take a disliking to Churchill Downs. It's impossible to handicap the Derby. Take a price and throw a reasonable dart. At his price, you're gonna toss Chrome anyway. Let the fancy hats jump all over him. My question is: will the jockey dominoes start falling to get Smith a ride?

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
It takes a horse about 2 days to get acclimated to the long travel from Cali to the east with a 3 hour difference.

It took me going from east to Vegas a week to get acclimated........after a week, I felt great.

Chrome might be feeling the changes as well but IMO, he should be fine by Saturday........

ArlJim78
05-01-2014, 01:59 PM
A.i could care less just thought about posting it since CC is being called a beast.
B.At 6/5 who cares
C.Read A/B
Re B. not everyone bets to win

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Re B. not everyone bets to win

Good point..could make a 6/5 shot into double digits by keying in horizontal wagers..

ArlJim78
05-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Good point..could make a 6/5 shot into double digits by keying in horizontal wagers..
strictly vertical for me, tri and supers.

Papa Bear Jr
05-01-2014, 02:18 PM

People don't usually have access to(or aren't willing to pay for) workout reports on the other 364 days of the year. Dismiss them if you choose but to say it doesn't matter how a horse is training is foolish.

Orb and Street Sense are 2 who come to mind as getting rave reviews about their training before the derby. Friesan Fire, in the 2009 Derby, was thought by many, including Lamboguy on this site, to be training poorly and sure enough ran up the track as the favorite.

Sysonby
05-01-2014, 02:23 PM
People don't usually have access to(or aren't willing to pay for) workout reports on the other 364 days of the year. Dismiss them if you choose but to say it doesn't matter how a horse is training is foolish.

Orb and Street Sense are 2 who come to mind as getting rave reviews about their training before the derby. Friesan Fire, in the 2009 Derby, was thought by many, including Lamboguy on this site, to be training poorly and sure enough ran up the track as the favorite.

I'll Have Another also got top marks in workout reports.

tanner12oz
05-01-2014, 02:31 PM

shackelford got high marks as well as animal kingdom and they both ran like studs

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Animal Kingdom, I'll Have Another & Orb.......that's 3 straight years of good buzz & information coming from clockers & drf workout experts. Does that trend continue?

I've seen years where horses worked great & did lousy in the derby & opposite.......only time will tell.

Valuist
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
B.At 6/5 who cares
C.Read A/B

There's no way California Chrome is 6-5, or anything close. Its still a field with 20 betting interests. This isn't Frankel we are talking about.

ten2oneormore
05-01-2014, 04:15 PM

I meant throwing everything out the window and going by who looks the best in the AM.
I didn't say it doesn't matter, I am one who gets workout reports .It tells you if the horse is healthy and likely to run his/her race but it doesn't make them faster.

Other than maiden races the winning horses the reports lead you to are minimal.

Talking strictly about the Kentucky Derby though.
If someone says 10 of the horses look good you have a pretty good chance of having the winner.

So far I've read Intense Holiday,Danza,Medal Count,Dance With Fate,Hoppertunity,Wicked Strong look great.Then there are a few that looked bad but now look much better.With the scratch of Hop that's half the field and there are probably some I'm missing.

Suddenly having the winner 3 straight years is akin to flipping heads 3 straight times.

Invasor
05-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Hello friends !! Very nice forum. I’m Invasor from Montevideo, Uruguay and this is my first message.

I'm not able to watch the gallops at work; does anyone have a report on Chrome's move this morning?

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Chrome isn't working out, he's just schooling in the gate & taking in the scenery. Watch tomorrows pre-derby show & see how he kooks. Also watch him in the paddock & the post parade.

ArlJim78
05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello friends !! Very nice forum. I’m Invasor from Montevideo, Uruguay and this is my first message.

I'm not able to watch the gallops at work; does anyone have a report on Chrome's move this morning?
I don't know about the workouts by Chrome but good to see you post Invasor.
I'm sure others will comment about Chrome.

Good choice for your forum name. Invasor is my all-time favorite horse.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
They are interviewing several derby trainers & they interviewed Chromes trainer, Art Sherman & he said Chrome is doing well & is very business like, he also said its like Chrome knows why he's at Churchill& he's ready to run.

Sherman has his entire family there & he said he wants a good break for Chrome, have him placed forwardly & a target in front of him because he doesn't need the lead & he will run his race.

I also read yesterday that Chrome was pulling on the bit & was relaxed compared to his 1st day out at Churchill.

Will Power
05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
From my database handicapping prospective:

1. Millionaires are 1 for 26 in the last 17 years. Theonly winner to have earned over $1 million dollars was Street Sense. Notablelosers with; year, final odds and finishposition:

a. Point Given 2001 1.8 5th

b. Empire Maker 2003 2.5 2nd

c. Favorite Trick 1998 4.4 8th

d. Afleet Alex 2005 4.5 3rd

2. There are 16 horses in the last 17 years of theKentucky Derby that had won their last race by 5 or more lengths, only 1 ofthem won the Kentucky Derby: War Emblem. Notable losers with; year, final odds and finish position:

b. Bellamy Road 2005 2.6 7th

c. Friesan Fire 2009 3.8 18

d. Bodemeister 2012 4.2 2nd

e. Afleet Alex 2005 4.5 3rd

f. Curlin 2007 5 3rd

g. Sweetnorthernsaint 2006 5.5 7th

h. Bandini 2005 6.8 19th

i. Sinister Minister 2006 9.7 16th

3. 10 California Bred Horses have tried theKentucky Derby (17 years). No winners.

4. Key Trainer Stat #1, Win %. In the past 17 yearstrainers with less than a 10% win percentage in their top trainer stat are 0for 34.

5. Key Trainer Stat #1, ITM %. In the past 17 yearstrainers with less than a 35% ITM percentage in their top trainer stat are 0for 39.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 05:34 PM
From my database handicapping prospective:

1. Millionaires are 1 for 26 in the last 17 years. Theonly winner to have earned over $1 million dollars was Street Sense. Notablelosers with; year, final odds and finishposition:

b. Empire Maker 2003 2.5 2nd

c. Favorite Trick 1998 4.4 8th

d. Afleet Alex 2005 4.5 3rd

2. There are 16 horses in the last 17 years of theKentucky Derby that had won their last race by 5 or more lengths, only 1 ofthem won the Kentucky Derby: War Emblem. Notable losers with; year, final odds and finish position:

b. Bellamy Road 2005 2.6 7th

c. Friesan Fire 2009 3.8 18

d. Bodemeister 2012 4.2 2nd

e. Afleet Alex 2005 4.5 3rd

f. Curlin 2007 5 3rd

g. Sweetnorthernsaint 2006 5.5 7th

h. Bandini 2005 6.8 19th

i. Sinister Minister 2006 9.7 16th

3. 10 California Bred Horses have tried theKentucky Derby (17 years). No winners.

4. Key Trainer Stat #1, Win %. In the past 17 yearstrainers with less than a 10% win percentage in their top trainer stat are 0for 34.

5. Key Trainer Stat #1, ITM %. In the past 17 yearstrainers with less than a 35% ITM percentage in their top trainer stat are 0for 39.

And there's a lot more angles & trends that are against Chrome but I'm pretty sure that Chrome is a special horse that will defy all these trends & naysayers........

Chrome wins Barbaro style..........

dballard125
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
^^^ LOL, as much as you've touted him on here, you better hope so. ;)

Like I've said in a couple other threads, I plan to key him on top of a couple exotics...IMO, one would be crazy not to, but the more uncomfortable I'm getting. There are just way too many variables in play, and too many trends he's trying to buck.

The one thing that I keep going back to is how different the SA surface is from Churchill. Yeah, I know...Chrome's won on different tracks, but I'm not sure there is any surface quite like CD. Horses either love it or hate it, and I'm not so sure Chrome loves it based on how he's galloped here.

I'm also concerned about how he's going to react to being in tight quarters with dirt being kicked up in his face for several furlongs. The KD is such a different animal, that it's tough for me to go all-in on a 5-2 favorite.

Is this horse Bellamy Road or Smarty Jones? We'll know Saturday, but I'm likely to play some horses that I believe have a bit more value.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Chrome is now 3-1 but should close at 2-1........LoL@ people thinking he would be 6-5.

Chrome is bucking some serious trends/angles & 18 other horses........if he wins this race, IMO, he's gonna win the Preakness as well.

If Chrome loses, he won't hit the board......& we will see a Giacomo style horse win it.

People need to realize that if Chrome loses, it will be because of the sizzling pace & if do, that pace will also destroy Samraat, Chitu, General Rod, Wildcat Red, Vicars Trouble.

If he loses, I hope Tapiture wins & gives Asmussen the double & PETA gets pissed.

Maybe Chrome is a freak & no matter how fast they go, he still wins going away..... . .

dartman51
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM

Last Cal-Bred horse to win, DECIDEDLY, 1962. Been awhile. :)

onefast99
05-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Chrome is now 3-1 but should close at 2-1........LoL@ people thinking he would be 6-5.

Chrome is bucking some serious trends/angles & 18 other horses........if he wins this race, IMO, he's gonna win the Preakness as well.

If Chrome loses, he won't hit the board......& we will see a Giacomo style horse win it.
Social Inclusion will win the Preakness. Good luck tomorrow it's going to be a 11-1 shot or better in the winners circle at 6:26pm!

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Social Inclusion will win the Preakness. Good luck tomorrow it's going to be a 11-1 shot or better in the winners circle at 6:26pm!

Are these guaranteed plays? :)

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Gary Mandella on HRTV said hes 85% sure that Chrome wins the derby & the only other horse that could beat him is Intense Holiday.

Rex Phinney
05-02-2014, 09:46 PM

Social Inclusion will never win a Grade 1. Sorry.

TheEdge07
05-03-2014, 06:36 PM
PA you can close this thread..:lol: :lol:

horses4courses
05-03-2014, 06:37 PM
He wouldn't blow out a candle after this race........ :lol:

ArlJim78
boy that wood sure was a key prep.

elhelmete
A lot of sucking going on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
The filly should have entered in this one.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I'll take a $30 horse once for every $7 horse I have to cash 4+ times to make up for it.

Congrats to all who had CC...but seriously, some of you need to act like this isn't your first lifetime cash.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shelby
05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Well. I bet against CC….I bet a LOT against. Congrats to those that cashed and a big congrats to the connections.

That being said……I will bet against in the Preakness too.

onefast99
05-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Social Inclusion will never win a Grade 1. Sorry.
Sure whatever you say....

Rex Phinney
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Sure whatever you say....

I didn't see any 11-1 shots in the winners circle today???? How'd that bet against work out for you.

I hope Social Inclusion runs in the Preakness, he has no chance against this horse on that track.

bks
05-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I loved him, and barely made any money on the race, so I'm almost as bad as those who dismissed him. Puny $1 tri.

SecretAgentMan
05-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Chromes a beast.......I didn't see him sucking wind & I told my cousin, if Espinoza rides this horse like Santos rode Funny Cide , he's a winner. Coming around the 1st turn, I felt he was a winner. His trainer said get a clean break, place him forwardly & give him a target & the horse & the horse will ride to victory.

On to the Preakness where I'm letting my money ride on him but I doubt I can get better than 3-5.

bks
05-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Why did Social Inclusion scratch today?

ArlJim78
05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
was he supposed to run today? if so where?

TheEdge07
05-03-2014, 09:15 PM
was he supposed to run today? if so where?

Gulfstream in the Sir Bear bruised foot 2 days heal

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ut-of-sir-bear (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84838/social-inclusion-scratched-out-of-sir-bear)

ArlJim78
05-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Gulfstream in the Sir Bear bruised foot 2 days heal

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ut-of-sir-bear (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84838/social-inclusion-scratched-out-of-sir-bear)
aha, I see thanks.
still going to the Preakness, which is interesting.
He's appears to have some real talent.

onefast99
05-04-2014, 09:24 AM
CC ran a great race he looks like the real deal. Only time will tell if he can get the next two legs we have been down this road before, good luck to the connections they deserved that win.

onefast99
05-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Bruised foot will be shipped to Pimlico on Wednesday.

SecretAgentMan
05-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Bruised foot will be shipped to Pimlico on Wednesday.

I hope he does run, he will take some money........I don't think many want to run against him, LoL!

onefast99
05-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I didn't see any 11-1 shots in the winners circle today???? How'd that bet against work out for you.

I hope Social Inclusion runs in the Preakness, he has no chance against this horse on that track.
Based on what I saw yesterday I like Social Inclusions chances at Pimlico. How much did you win yesterday? I didn't see any of your picks BEFORE the derby?:lol:

onefast99
05-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Are these guaranteed plays? :)
There are no guarantees...CC earned that win the horse I liked finished 4th. 2 weeks until the Preakness and a chance to get even!

Mystic
05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Chromes a beast.......I didn't see him sucking wind & I told my cousin, if Espinoza rides this horse like Santos rode Funny Cide , he's a winner. Coming around the 1st turn, I felt he was a winner. His trainer said get a clean break, place him forwardly & give him a target & the horse & the horse will ride to victory.

On to the Preakness where I'm letting my money ride on him but I doubt I can get better than 3-5.

Lets not get carried away.. He beat a field of "so so" horses in a slow time. That to me is not a "Beast".

SecretAgentMan
05-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Just read that Chrome received a 97 beyer figure......he can only go higher in the Preakness.........I'm thinking like 103.

Mine Bird received a 105 in derby & Gicomo a 100, lol......what's that say about this years crop of 3 year olds?

Mineshaft
05-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Just read that Chrome received a 97 beyer figure......he can only go higher in the Preakness.........I'm thinking like 103.

Mine Bird received a 105 in derby & Gicomo a 100, lol......what's that say about this years crop of 3 year olds?

Not a good crop....

raybo
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Not a good crop....

Or, everyone was afraid to run early because of all the speed in the race? Also, behind the leaders the pack was going crazy with all the bumping, steadying, blocking, jumping in and out, etc.. Lots of horses' chances got knocked completely out during all that stuff.

Rex Phinney
05-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Based on what I saw yesterday I like Social Inclusions chances at Pimlico. How much did you win yesterday? I didn't see any of your picks BEFORE the derby?:lol:

I'll tell you exactly what I played:

$150 on CC to win
$1 Exacta chrome over the field
$20 WPS on Candy Boy
$5 Show on Commanding Curve
$20 Show on Ride on Curlin
$30 tri with CC over 5 horses

$283 in and I think the payout was $766. Not bad.

I did screw up and forgot to reset my dollar increment between the tri and exacta bet, this is why I ended up with a $1 exacta bet. Dumb move and it cost me winning another $152.

Social Inclusion is a typical late to the party hype horse, he had his chance to make the derby and he didn't, he finished behind two horses in the Wood, neither of which hit the board in the Derby. His claim to fame is that he won an allowance race at Gulfstream Park against FOUR other horses, in which he had a 3 length lead after running the first quarter in 24.30. So excuse me if I'm just not seeing it.

He just scratched out if his best chance to win a stakes race. He won't hit the board in the Preakness, at this point he is far less tested than those he will be running against there.

Rex Phinney
05-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Lets not get carried away.. He beat a field of "so so" horses in a slow time. That to me is not a "Beast".

The time is not impressive to be sure. But everyone is missing the part where we ask where the speed in front of and around him finished??????

Top 5 at the half mile call:
Chitu finished 9th
Uncle Sigh 14th
Samraat 5th (decent run, one to watch for Pimlico)
Intense Holiday 12th
Vicars in Trouble was last.

Commanding Curve took second coming from 18th at one point on the back stretch.

Lots of people are missing the boat on this, Chrome was MUCH the best yesterday as the speed faded just like it should in the derby, but he won by daylight anyway.

onefast99
05-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Social Inclusion is a typical late to the party hype horse, he had his chance to make the derby and he didn't, he finished behind two horses in the Wood, neither of which hit the board in the Derby. His claim to fame is that he won an allowance race at Gulfstream Park against FOUR other horses, in which he had a 3 length lead after running the first quarter in 24.30. So excuse me if I'm just not seeing it.

He beat Honor Code in that allowance race, go look at the replay of that race and then comment on how easy SI won. Each year there are many late to the party type horses who go on to big wins in stakes races, SI will be a tough horse to beat if he ends up running against this group next out. He lost his spot in this years derby by less than a nose!

SecretAgentMan
05-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Social Inclusion might turn out to be a good horse but don't let it blind you into thinking he can beat Chrome. IMO, Honour Code & Cairo Prince are not good horses.

Cairo Prince ran some of the slowest times I've seen a horse win.

Chromes times were spectacular going into the derby.

Rex Phinney
05-04-2014, 04:14 PM

He beat Honor Code in that allowance race, go look at the replay of that race and then comment on how easy SI won. Each year there are many late to the party type horses who go on to big wins in stakes races, SI will be a tough horse to beat if he ends up running against this group next out. He lost his spot in this years derby by less than a nose!

I watched the replay, he beat 4 horses who couldn't even push the pace thru a 24.30 opening quarter. What the heck are you guys watching, so yes he was able to gallop the first 1/4 and 1/2 then he drew off to beat allowance horses, big deal. Honor code hadn't run in almost 4 months and they put him in allowance this tells me they didn't expect much from the horse, he was then sidelined. Social Inclusion didn't beat the real Honor Code

onefast99
05-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I watched the replay, he beat 4 horses who couldn't even push the pace thru a 24.30 opening quarter. What the heck are you guys watching, so yes he was able to gallop the first 1/4 and 1/2 then he drew off to beat allowance horses, big deal. Honor code hadn't run in almost 4 months and they put him in allowance this tells me they didn't expect much from the horse, he was then sidelined. Social Inclusion didn't beat the real Honor Code
Great spin. The consensus is Castellano was riding his horse all out and SI just kept to the task. I wonder what your comments would be if you were a chart caller....Social Inclusion broke alertly ran a real slow 1/4 a pedestrian 1/2 opened up on Honor Code but not the real one and then set a track record.:lol:

horses4courses
05-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Great spin. The consensus is Castellano was riding his horse all out and SI just kept to the task. I wonder what your comments would be if you were a chart caller....Social Inclusion broke alertly ran a real slow 1/4 a pedestrian 1/2 opened up on Honor Code but not the real one and then set a track record.:lol:

$6250 claimers come close to breaking track records at GP on the right day.

Saratoga_Mike
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM

I have to say your promotion of SI makes the Cali Chrome-backers (you know the next Secretariat...he's really just a wonderful, wonderful horse) look restrained! Do you own part of him?

Tom
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Social Inclusion broke alertly ran a real slow 1/4 a pedestrian 1/2 opened up on Honor Code but not the real one and then set a track record.

You should look into chart calling! :D

Rex Phinney
05-05-2014, 07:21 PM

Let me spell it out for you ok.

F I V E H O R S E F I E L D

A L L O W A N C E R A C E

This horse was easily beaten trying to get a mere 9 furlongs in the Wood, a race in which ZERO horses came out of to hit the board in the Derby. Now you are saying he will go even further to beat better horses.

But sure, I'm the one doing the spinning. LOL

Rex Phinney
05-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Social Inclusion might turn out to be a good horse but don't let it blind you into thinking he can beat Chrome. IMO, Honour Code & Cairo Prince are not good horses.

Cairo Prince ran some of the slowest times I've seen a horse win.

Chromes times were spectacular going into the derby.

The times don't matter so much, Chrome's times where great but he was running at Santa Anita, that doesn't impress me anymore than fast times as Gulfstream, they are both going to be lengths faster than other tracks.

SI in the Wood did exactly what run of the mill speed horses do coming off a fast track, mainly fall apart the final furlong. This is where Chrome gets high marks, because realistically he is a speed horse coming off a speed track, and he won the Derby anyway.

onefast99
05-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Let me spell it out for you ok.

F I V E H O R S E F I E L D

A L L O W A N C E R A C E

This horse was easily beaten trying to get a mere 9 furlongs in the Wood, a race in which ZERO horses came out of to hit the board in the Derby. Now you are saying he will go even further to beat better horses.

But sure, I'm the one doing the spinning. LOL
Easily beaten? Nosed out for 2nd and beaten 3.5 lengths in his 3rd career start. Lots of upside here.

onefast99
05-05-2014, 07:34 PM
You should look into chart calling! :D
Thanks Tom at least I will get it right!!!

onefast99
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I have to say your promotion of SI makes the Cali Chrome-backers (you know the next Secretariat...he's really just a wonderful, wonderful horse) look restrained! Do you own part of him?
No ownership here, I do have his sister in my barn and she was just bred to Bodemeister. CC ran a great race I take nothing away from him.

Saratoga_Mike
05-06-2014, 11:31 AM
No ownership here, I do have his sister in my barn and she was just bred to Bodemeister. CC ran a great race I take nothing away from him.

You own SI's sister? Nice!!! I now understand your excitement about him.

onefast99
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
You own SI's sister? Nice!!! I now understand your excitement about him.
We tried to breed to Pioneer of the Nile but no luck, so we went with the next best horse in that family Bodemeister. I'm a fan of SI and I think we will see him win a Grade 1 very soon.

Rex Phinney
05-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Easily beaten? Nosed out for 2nd and beaten 3.5 lengths in his 3rd career start. Lots of upside here.

However you see it, I hope we get to see in a couple weeks, he may very well be the next best challenger for CC, and that being the case I hope he ends up in the gate for the Preakness.