PDA

View Full Version : The Real Derby field....What may have been.

TheEdge07
05-01-2014, 10:11 AM
1.Shared Belief
2.Cairo Prince
3.Honor Code
4.Top Billing
5.Hoppertunity

Am i missing one..

onefast99
05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Social Inclusion...

Rex Phinney
05-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Social Inclusion...

He hasn't even win a stakes race?

New Year's Day is the one missing that could have been good

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
IMO, Hoppy, Cairo & Honor Code wouldn't have made any difference in the derby.

onefast99
05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
He hasn't even win a stakes race?

New Year's Day is the one missing that could have been good
he has run 3 times thus far each race he gets better. The connections sought to enter him in the Sir Bear on Saturday at GP a 1 mile race that will get him fit for the Preakness in 2 weeks, if he was my horse I would have worked him a mile and change and then gone directly to Pimlico!

reckless
05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
1.Shared Belief
2.Cairo Prince
3.Honor Code
4.Top Billing
5.Hoppertunity

Am i missing one..

Yes you are missing one, Edge:

Constitution

Good luck Saturday with that other field of Derby horses :)

precocity
05-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Shared Belief besides him who cares its about who's running now!

Rex Phinney
05-01-2014, 07:57 PM
he has run 3 times thus far each race he gets better. The connections sought to enter him in the Sir Bear on Saturday at GP a 1 mile race that will get him fit for the Preakness in 2 weeks, if he was my horse I would have worked him a mile and change and then gone directly to Pimlico!

He hasn't won a stakes race though, sorry I'm not buying the hype here, comparing to a horse like shared belief or constitution which are known stakes champions is crazy

rastajenk
05-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Not sure what the point here is. The history of the Derby Trail is full of could-have-beens like these, many with more upside and more accomplishments than this year's collection. One can't say it would have been a better race if only before it's even been run yet.

precocity
05-01-2014, 10:36 PM
anybody remember violence? :mad: my dumb azz had 25-w on the first pool!

dballard125
05-01-2014, 11:44 PM
IMO, Hoppy, Cairo & Honor Code wouldn't have made any difference in the derby.

LOL, I get the feeling Seattle Slew, Street Sense, and Big Brown could be in this race and you would feel it wouldn't make a difference, because there is no way Chrome can lose.

Don't get me wrong...I'm playing him up top of a couple exotics, but I'm nervous as shit doing it. He looks the best but the CD surface is so much different than SA. I'm really concerned he's not going to have the same kick we've seen from him out west.