PDA

View Full Version : Ohio 7/7

socantra
04-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Can someone explain the Ohio 7/7 to me?

sjk
04-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Nothing complicated. Two Ohio tracks alternate races every 20 minutes for a total of 14 races. In years past, any two tracks running cooperated in a 7/7; this year, with Magna dropping the Beulah account wagering service, there may be less cooperation than usual.

socantra
04-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Apparently Magna has effectively killed the Ohio 7/7, and that's why I haven't been able to find any information on it recently.
Its going on at Beulah/River Downs for the rest of the month, but when Beulah shuts down, so does the 7/7.

America Tab says after the 1st of the month they'll just be carrying River Downs.

Magna is starting to renind me of the Miwaukee Brewers, who are the only baseball team around who enforces the blackout rule on all their satellite coverage. A very perverse sort of logic.

socantra...

Buddha
04-16-2004, 10:51 PM
I thought that it was going to also be a River/Thistle 7&7, but with MEC owning Thistle, you won't be able to bet it online except through xpressbet

Steve 'StatMan'
04-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I feel bad having to boycott Thistledown because I think the racing fans of Cleveland have suffered enough by now. :( But Magna hasn't! :mad: So for me, it'll have to be the
'River Downs 7 & 0' or Cincinatti 7, Cleveland 0.;)

BillW
04-17-2004, 01:42 AM
Guys,

Today the 7/7 was run at BEU/RD. Not sure whether this is always the case. TDN ran a card of 8.

Bill

BillW
04-17-2004, 02:05 AM
BTW, The BEU owners used to own AmericaTab. Not sure whether they still do or not, but if they do, I doubt they would be interested in staging a 7/7 with Frank and then not be allowed to carry it on their web wagering card.

Bill

Zman179
04-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Yes, Beulah Park still owns AmericaTAB.

In regards to running the 7 & 7 with Thistledown, it's really a moot point as Stronach has indicated many times that he's not interested with pairing up with competition. This is the 3rd time in recent memory that Thistledown has opted out of the very popular 7 & 7 format.

I'm sure that people will just RUN to Xpressbet now to bet tracks like Thistledown, Remington & Great Lakes.

shane
04-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Thistledown is on schedule for 7/7 with River Downs starting on Mon. 4/26 and ending on Labor Day. As to betting I haven't a clue.

Zman179
04-17-2004, 11:42 AM
From what I've read in the papers, Thistledown wants to opt out entirely from the 7 & 7 format and run 8 race stand alone cards, but will stick with it this season in partnership with River Downs only. Betting formats will remain the same if you're betting at a location where both Thistledown and River Downs are accepted. If you're betting on an internet service like Youbet or AmericaTab, then you'll only (as of now) be able to bet on the River races, which means no betting on DD's, Pk3's or Pk4's.
TDN has discontinued it's 7 & 7 with Beulah Park.....and probably for a very long time to come IMO.