PDA

View Full Version : Homeless sheds

JustRalph
04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/29/san-jose-leaders-look-to-build-pods-microhouses-to-shelter-the-homeless/

Public housing at a new level

150 sq feet with communal bathrooms and kitchens?

Hooverville comes to mind

boxcar
04-30-2014, 10:50 PM
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/29/san-jose-leaders-look-to-build-pods-microhouses-to-shelter-the-homeless/

Gotta admit, it's a step up from what the CHA (Corrugated Housing Authority) offers.

Boxcar

elysiantraveller
04-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Interesting idea...

Be curious to know more details and if implemented how it ends up working out.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2014, 02:21 AM
I'm sure these communal bathrooms will be nothing but safe for all involved... :rolleyes:

We should give them all little Smart Cars next...really pump up their self-esteem.

Stillriledup
05-01-2014, 04:15 AM

So, if a person decides he's homeless, he can come up with a "plot of land" that he doesnt' have to pay rent for or taxes on?

cj's dad
05-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Cable or satellite dish ?

JustRalph
05-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Cable or satellite dish ?

I'm guessing cable with internet

tucker6
05-01-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm guessing cable with internet
Of course. Why should you be able to have internet access while they go without just because we one percented them into poverty. We owe them free everything for their lack of education and/or intestinal fortitude to work hard. :rolleyes:

Valuist
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm picturing the real estate ads.

Beautiful starter shed in southern San Jose. You won't regret your past indiscretions as you lounge in your 12 x 12 pod. Walking distance to drug dealers and two liquor stores! Hurry. Won't last. Call ReMax Homeless.

Clocker
05-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm sure these communal bathrooms will be nothing but safe for all involved... :rolleyes:

The communal bathroom is probably a long walk on a cold night after a few beers. Why not just open a window? :confused:

Robert Goren
05-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Of course. Why should you be able to have internet access while they go without just because we one percented them into poverty. We owe them free everything for their lack of education and/or intestinal fortitude to work hard. :rolleyes:There are many reason to be homeless. Right now, many are vets who have PTSD.

JustRalph
05-01-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm picturing the real estate ads.

Beautiful starter shed in southern San Jose. You won't regret your past indiscretions as you lounge in your 12 x 12 pod. Walking distance to drug dealers and two liquor stores! Hurry. Won't last. Call ReMax Homeless.

Brilliant!

BlueShoe
05-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Here you go, these would be just ideal for what they have in mind.
www.tuffshed.com (http://www.tuffshed.com)

Mystic
05-03-2014, 10:58 AM
I know of a place in Vidor, Texas that had these type "sheds" for rent. They actually look pretty decent for a single person to live in. They have a cute little porch too.

Tom
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Catch-22.
You have to be homeless to live there.
If you live there, you are not homeless.

Stillriledup
05-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Catch-22.
You have to be homeless to live there.
If you live there, you are not homeless.

The Catch 22 is that if you are a worthless loser, you get a free plot of land and free shelter paid for by? The taxpayers, the people who are getting out of bed at the butt crack of dawn to make something out of themselves.

What's happened to America, Tom?

johnhannibalsmith
05-03-2014, 06:23 PM
The Catch 22 is that if you are a worthless loser, you get a free plot of land and free shelter paid for by? The taxpayers, the people who are getting out of bed at the butt crack of dawn to make something out of themselves.

What's happened to America, Tom?

Regardless of what you think the taxpayer obligation is, and I'm no bleeding heart that speaks in platitudes just because, but you need to see who some of these people are before you term them "worthless losers."

Stillriledup
05-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Regardless of what you think the taxpayer obligation is, and I'm no bleeding heart that speaks in platitudes just because, but you need to see who some of these people are before you term them "worthless losers."

Worthless winners?

What would you call them?

johnhannibalsmith
05-03-2014, 06:43 PM

What would you call them?

Depends on who it was, but probably by their first name if I knew them well enough to judge their character.