PDA

View Full Version : Post Position Draw: The Aftermath Stock Report

Smarty Cide
04-30-2014, 05:45 PM
OK lets start it off. Post position drawn, whos stock is up and whos is down?

Izzy2742
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
I think Wildcat Red stock has dropped. With the uninspiring work report, plus the 20 hole......
If you still like him, you will get better odds

holmmd
04-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Wildcat Red is in the 10 hole. Wicked Strong is in the 20 spot.

BlueChip@DRF
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
I think Wildcat Red stock has dropped. With the uninspiring work report, plus the 20 hole......
If you still like him, you will get better odds

I love him. 5-10-15 box.

holmmd
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
19 spot really hurts Ride On Curlin's win chances in my opinion. Borel will now have to pullback and go straight to the rail and the only way I could see RIC winning was if he was on the rail mid-pack. Don't think he has the acceleration to come from way back to win.

SecretAgentMan
04-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Vicar is in a very bad post........

Chrome is in a good post.......

Wicked String very bad....

Ride Curlin .......very bad.......

Danza okay........

Dance Fate very good.......

Medal Count very good......

Commanding very bad........

Harry Holiday very bad......

Everyone else good post

BettinBilly
04-30-2014, 06:19 PM
As I stated in another thread, Wicked Strong drawing the Outside Post puts a little Kink in my Capping Slinky.

Glad for Chrome. Nice spot for him. Same as his SA Derby win position.

BlueChip@DRF
04-30-2014, 07:18 PM
19 spot really hurts Ride On Curlin's win chances in my opinion. Borel will now have to pullback and go straight to the rail and the only way I could see RIC winning was if he was on the rail mid-pack. Don't think he has the acceleration to come from way back to win.

The O/U for Borel getting to the rail is 300 yards.

Mineshaft
04-30-2014, 07:49 PM

give me the Under

depalma113
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Anything in the auxiliary gate is pretty much a toss for the win.

SecretAgentMan
04-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Only horse that has me thinking now that the post have been drawn is Danza.......he's raced at 4 different tracks & with only 4 races, has some foundation because of the different tracks but I still don't think he can track down Chrome.

Espinoza won from post #5 on War Emblem in 2002 & he should do it again.

horses4courses
04-30-2014, 08:07 PM
You got the right horse, and a decent trip, you're gonna win the KY Derby.
Post position has little to do with it. Racing luck plays a bigger role.

glengarry
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
You got the right horse, and a decent trip, you're gonna win the KY Derby.
Post position has little to do with it. Racing luck plays a bigger role.

What a great point. The only post that spells nearly certain trouble is the 1. Just a funky set up for 1 1/4 at Churchill for the rail horse. I have seen a lot of Derbies, and the winners manage to get clean trips, whether from the main or auxiliary gate. Seattle Slew had some issues early, but he was a superhorse. Not seeing any of those in here. Part of luck depends on the rider and the athleticism of the horse. But in every Derby someone gets the nightmare trip, like Risen Star or Lookin at Lucky. Or the horse does it to himself with a poor break. No telling who it will be this year. As the man said, it may just be bad luck.

Rex Phinney
04-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Anything in the auxiliary gate is pretty much a toss for the win.

Maybe you haven't been watching..... for three years.

Tom
04-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Wicked Strong actually will start from Keenenland.

horses4courses
04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
What a great point. The only post that spells nearly certain trouble is the 1. Just a funky set up for 1 1/4 at Churchill for the rail horse. I have seen a lot of Derbies, and the winners manage to get clean trips, whether from the main or auxiliary gate. Seattle Slew had some issues early, but he was a superhorse. Not seeing any of those in here. Part of luck depends on the rider and the athleticism of the horse. But in every Derby someone gets the nightmare trip, like Risen Star or Lookin at Lucky. Or the horse does it to himself with a poor break. No telling who it will be this year. As the man said, it may just be bad luck.

The thing about an inside draw - you break slow, you're really up against it.
So much traffic starts coming towards the rail.
Nearly impossible to win from the inside with a poor break.
Anywhere else.....just stay in the clear as best you can.

Boris
04-30-2014, 09:14 PM
There's about 25 seconds to the turn. There will be an opportunity to get over.

depalma113
04-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Maybe you haven't been watching..... for three years.

Meaningless.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2014, 03:20 AM
I don't see why the 20 hole for Wicked Strong is a disaster. It's not like he's a speed horse who has to get over...he can bide his time and drop over when he gets the chance.

JustRalph
05-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Wicked Strong actually will start from Keenenland.

The ultimate poly to dirt move.......

holmmd
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't see why the 20 hole for Wicked Strong is a disaster. It's not like he's a speed horse who has to get over...he can bide his time and drop over when he gets the chance.

The problem I see is he won't be the only horse trying that move so he's likely to rear pack and wide or a mile back but on the rail if he walks out of the gate. Think he's now 19 hole though as i've heard Hopportunity is out.