PDA

View Full Version : Test dispute, Little Mike out, Vaccarezza angry

luisbe
04-29-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84688/test-dispute-takes-little-mike-from-woodford

taxicab
04-30-2014, 03:30 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84688/test-dispute-takes-little-mike-from-woodford

I don't know...
If I had nothing to hide it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Stillriledup
04-30-2014, 03:43 AM
I don't know...
If I had nothing to hide it wouldn't bother me one bit.

So, if you were having intimate moments with your significant other, would you want someone peeping in your window watching you? After all, you have nothing to hide, right?

Dark Horse
04-30-2014, 03:53 AM
Out-of-competition testing is great. More please.

I don't give a ratz azz what this trainer likes or doesn't like. The sports needs to be cleaned up and this is an important tool in that process.

taxicab
04-30-2014, 03:57 AM
So, if you were having intimate moments with your significant other, would you want someone peeping in your window watching you? After all, you have nothing to hide, right?

I'm starting to worry about you SRU. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm debating if I should show my wife your post or not. :lol:
Back to your question...
I've had jobs where random drug testing is done and it's never bothered me at all.......because I have nothing to hide.
It did bother the people who were worried about a hot test.

Stillriledup
04-30-2014, 04:05 AM
I'm starting to worry about you SRU. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm debating if I should show my wife your post or not. :lol:
Back to your question...
I've had jobs where random drug testing is done and it's never bothered me at all.......because I have nothing to hide.
It did bother the people who were worried about a hot test.

:D

I think that in this day and age, some people are just very sensitive to their privacy. I think the "new world order" has people trained to just automatically give away their privacy for free under the "nothing to hide" guise, some just don't want to give it away for free, i can't blame them, that's just how some people feel and some of them can be the most honest people around.

ultracapper
04-30-2014, 04:15 AM
privacy intruders will keep pushing the envelope, and ultimately, you will have something to hide. One day, it may be illegal to be on your computer after 1am. You know, Americans don't get enough sleep and all. Running up medical costs. Can't have that with the guvmnt running health care. Today, I have nothing to hide, tomorrow, I won't want anybody monitoring my computer use.

Dark Horse
04-30-2014, 04:18 AM
That's all true, but horse racing is a very poor example. Out-of-competition testing is without political motive.

But kudos to the trainer for trying to mix these things up. He made my wall of shame, useful for handicapping only.

Stillriledup
04-30-2014, 04:31 AM
privacy intruders will keep pushing the envelope, and ultimately, you will have something to hide. One day, it may be illegal to be on your computer after 1am. You know, Americans don't get enough sleep and all. Running up medical costs. Can't have that with the guvmnt running health care. Today, I have nothing to hide, tomorrow, I won't want anybody monitoring my computer use.

Great post. You're right, if you keep giving little freedoms away for free, pretty soon they'll have them all and they'll be at the hospital waiting to put a chip in your baby....you know, for his or her own safety.

NY BRED
04-30-2014, 06:10 AM
This is one guy you don't want to mess with.

Mineshaft
04-30-2014, 10:03 AM

I don't give a ratz azz what this trainer likes or doesn't like. The sports needs to be cleaned up and this is an important tool in that process.

The testing is great but do it for all the horses dont just single out a few. You want to clean the sport up test them all.

iceknight
04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
So, if you were having intimate moments with your significant other, would you want someone peeping in your window watching you? After all, you have nothing to hide, right? This has nothing to do with privacy intrusion. Horses are athletes/performers.

A person and their SO on that other hand.. well, there is not organized performance and wagering in that sector :lol: so a right to privacy exists.

This guy is trying to spin things like crazy. Also that comment on $5/day for rent.. that is $150/month - and a for a medium size city like Louisville, the comparison to look would be the cost of a studio/efficiency rental. http://www.everyaptmapped.org/apartments/louisville,kentucky,ky/0,,,,,,,/rent-1.html

Dark Horse
04-30-2014, 10:56 AM
The testing is great but do it for all the horses dont just single out a few. You want to clean the sport up test them all.

Random out-of-competition testing is more common in sports. So everybody knows they can be next. But it should be done much more often in horse racing. Imagine an Olympic athlete with the spin this trainer tries to give it.

Valuist
04-30-2014, 11:48 AM
I was surprised to find out Dale Romans isn't training the horse anymore.

BIG49010
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
The problem with this kind of test, is that many horses are on all kinds of drugs before a race, and then removed days, weeks, months before a race which is normal in this business.

A sample in the wrong hands, gets switched with a race day sample, then it's the owner's, trainer's ass that is in a jam, not some one that screwed up. It takes real money to get out of these jam's, not to mention the damage it can do to your reputation.

onefast99
04-30-2014, 12:38 PM
If you are on their property you are subject to a blood test no matter if the horse is in a stakes race or just laying up.

dannyhill
04-30-2014, 01:20 PM
This guy is trying to spin things like crazy. Also that comment on $5/day for rent.. that is $150/month - and a for a medium size city like Louisville, the comparison to look would be the cost of a studio/efficiency rental.
Sounds like you have never seen the backside living conditions at Calder. They are that bad.

CryingForTheHorses
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Just to clear something up here that is wrong..Our grooms DO NOT live in little rooms with "no air" above any stables at Calder..Those barns and rooms are empty..The grooms live in a/c rooms housed in a cottage of 6 rooms with running water and proper bathrooms..Yes they are charged rent for this..If not,They would be paying rent somewhere else to live.5 bucks a day isnt bad.They do get free a/c ,Electric, They also have their bathrooms cleaned and even get free toiletpaper.Pretty good for 5 bucks a day.I also dont see many rooms with 2 in a room..Man may be pissed about his horse being tested but he was wrong on the Calder statement!..There is no other place you can live with these things for 5 bucks a day.

dannyhill
04-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Just to clear something up here that is wrong..Our grooms DO NOT live in little rooms with "no air" above any stables at Calder..Those barns and rooms are empty..The grooms live in a/c rooms housed in a cottage of 6 rooms with running water and proper bathrooms..Yes they are charged rent for this..If not,They would be paying rent somewhere else to live.5 bucks a day isnt bad.They do get free a/c ,Electric, They also have their bathrooms cleaned and even get free toiletpaper.Pretty good for 5 bucks a day.I also dont see many rooms with 2 in a room..Man may be pissed about his horse being tested but he was wrong on the Calder statement!..There is no other place you can live with these things for 5 bucks a day.
Things have changed over the years then from what i remember. Great to hear.

dannyhill
04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Sounds like you have never seen the backside living conditions at Calder. They are that bad.
I stand corrected. Good to hear.:ThmbUp:

davew
04-30-2014, 02:43 PM

There needs to be clarification of what is being tested for, and what the positive was. If it was a banned substance that should NEVER be used on a horse, or a routinely used substance that needs to be below a certain level on raceday, those are different circumstances.

Stillriledup
04-30-2014, 03:50 PM
This has nothing to do with privacy intrusion. Horses are athletes/performers.

A person and their SO on that other hand.. well, there is not organized performance and wagering in that sector :lol: so a right to privacy exists.

This guy is trying to spin things like crazy. Also that comment on $5/day for rent.. that is $150/month - and a for a medium size city like Louisville, the comparison to look would be the cost of a studio/efficiency rental. http://www.everyaptmapped.org/apartments/louisville,kentucky,ky/0,,,,,,,/rent-1.html

I'm not talking about horses/performers vs non horses performers...im just talking about everyday folks who should hand away their privacy and freedom because they have "nothing to hide".