PDA

View Full Version : TVG & tv broadcast question

jrhollywood
04-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Always been curious why TVG allows betting online for pretty much all tracks, but doesn't broadcast some. For example, Churchhill Downs is running right now, but they are only showing online, meanwhile they show WRD and Fairmount Park on tv. There'd be plenty of time to work CD into the rotation to show on tv.

I assume its just contracts with the various tracks and how much time each track is allocated on tv?

SandyW
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Always been curious why TVG allows betting online for pretty much all tracks, but doesn't broadcast some. For example, Churchhill Downs is running right now, but they are only showing online, meanwhile they show WRD and Fairmount Park on tv. There'd be plenty of time to work CD into the rotation to show on tv.

I assume its just contracts with the various tracks and how much time each track is allocated on tv?

Churchill owns the other channel HRTV, so why would they let TVG show the races and be competition for them.

BettinBilly
05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I wish I could get TVG, but U-Verse does not carry it and I'm not changing.

HRTV is awesome, but both would be just the ticket for any Horseplayer.

Well, at least I have one.

SandyW
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Dish Sat.TV has both TVG & HRTV.

BettinBilly
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Dish Sat.TV has both TVG & HRTV.

I know Sandy. Thanks.

I really like U-Verse. I'm hoping they will return TVG some day. They used to provide it. I do get it for a couple hours a day on select days via Fox Sports on U-Verse. I'll just keep hoping for the best.

SansuiSC
05-10-2014, 09:43 AM

You're not missing anything. Look at all the hate threads here. I cancelled the channel years ago. It just gets worse and worse. Look at everyone who has left employment there in the last 5 years or so. I can think of maybe one person who really loves and kisses that channel.

BettinBilly
05-10-2014, 03:25 PM
You're not missing anything. Look at all the hate threads here. I cancelled the channel years ago. It just gets worse and worse. Look at everyone who has left employment there in the last 5 years or so. I can think of maybe one person who really loves and kisses that channel.

Thanks Sansui (great vintage audio gear by the way).

You made me feel better. IMHO, HRTV is great, so I guess I'm lucky to have it.