R12-#4 SaintFrancis
R13-#2 Lucky Brad
R14-#3 Inglorious Mustard
Blue=BB

Good luck,
GSB

cecil127
04-29-2014, 05:04 PM
last nite you were on fire early and/but I wasn't able to catch the rest of the card....BOL tonight :ThmbUp:

ill be watching the flyers try to extend their season one more game....

Goldsheet BoB
04-29-2014, 11:32 PM
RESULTS

R1--#4 Royal Fricassee--------Broke
R2--#6 Deputy Dylan----------WIN
R3--#1 CodyTheClown---------WIN
R4--#1 Low Sunset------------WIN
R5--#6 Vision of Glory
R6--#7 Gale Force Hanover---WIN
R7--#1 Lucky Sniper
R8--#1 Cowboy Tough---------WIN
R9--#2 Larry P------------------3rd
R10-#4 King Me----------------2nd
R11-#1 HerBeDaOne----------WIN
R12-#4 SaintFrancis-----------WIN
R13-#2 Lucky Brad
R14-#3 Inglorious Mustard---WIN
Blue=BB

Good luck,
GSB

Just a Fan
04-30-2014, 01:37 AM
You seem to have omitted some rather significant details.

Goldsheet BoB
04-30-2014, 08:45 AM
You seem to have omitted some rather significant details.

If you are a person that follows my plays, you know two things...

1. I normally give out 2 selections for each race.
2. I give the results of each entrant.

I do not boast on nights that my plays pay well, by including the prices...as I do not bet to win anyways. Trifecta/Supers are my normal plays.

I did not include two horses, as it seemed to be an easy night...and felt I only needed one.

However, If you would like to post some plays for NFLD, any night, and show me how easy it is, or how it is done...let me know and I will be more than happy to post my plays, along with yours...

GSB

Just a Fan
04-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm not big on posting selections in advance. I feel playing the horses is not about picking winners, and I don't want to get caught up in trying to do so (I realize that sounds like something that Yogi Berra would say). I view every race as a race that several horses could conceivably win, and for long term success, the horseplayer's job is NOT to zone in on one horse that is the most likely winner, and keep touting him and take credit when the horse wins, regardless of odds (like they do on TVG with their checkmarks). Instead, I try to identify the logical contenders, and pick out the horse that offers the best value at post time. I might bet my 4th best pick sometimes (and you might do the same thing) if I think that horse has a reasonable shot, and it offers the best value. Tracking the number of winners that a public handicapper picks on top is of no value to me. It's about making money, not picking winners.

As for my comment, if you are going to post picks and keep score, I am just saying that total accountability, modesty and self-deprecation is probably a good policy - you're opening yourself up to cheap shots like mine if you make posts in red capital letters highlighting all your winners, when none of them paid more than 3.60 and the total ROI was a substantial loss. I guess if that's how you post your results every day, then at least you are consistent about it - I just think it doesn't tell the whole story.

You know exactly how good a handicapper you are, and I know exactly how good I am. To me, the reality of how good you are is all that really matters, not what the rest of the world thinks of your horseplaying ability. I personally have no desire to share my nightly handicapping with the public, as I don't see what good it does to try to "prove it" to anybody. You could post a $30 winner each night for a month straight, and it won't make your life any better. Beyond the occasional discussion of how an individual race might play out, I don't plan on posting selections. I'm just here to talk racing, in general. If someone makes a real good pick that I happen to see, I will sometimes congratulate them, but if someone tries to build themselves up with some BS, I will call them on it.

Goldsheet BoB
04-30-2014, 08:00 PM
This is not my first post, giving out NFLD selections. Glad you had no problems with me posting results on those other days. I have given out my selections on websites or a goldsheet to anyone that has requested one, for 3 years now. My selections and results speak for themselves. These FREE picks are solely to help people get into the winners circle. You are more than welcome to believe that I am doing this to "build myself up", as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My opinion is different than yours. Picking winners IS important, especially in PK3/4/5 plays. Plus, picking 62% winners, with my top 2 selections, makes me alive in almost 2of3 trifecta and/or superfecta plays. With a moderate spread underneath, wagering to straight up win is not the optimal play.

Feel free to avoid reading posts that I put up...as the people that appreciate my time and efforts should continue, if I continue to post them here. There are many, many people that get my selections VIA email or my "goldsheet bob" Facebook page...I have received countless messages of people that disagree with you...a couple examples below...

Quote from someone that thinks that my selections do make a difference to them..."good job as always Bob, thanks for what you do for people with a passion for this sport.I have Parkinson and hard for me to read the program.People like you are a blessing.Thank you my friend."...or a very nice guy, who lost his wife to cancer...he and his son would make small wagers with my goldsheet. They would watch the races together to help cope with the bad hand that has been dealt to them.

You keep up the good job, calling out the BS...and keeping your racing knowledge to yourself...guess you can't satisfy everyone...but I have been doing this long enough to know that... :bang:

Sea Biscuit
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not big on posting selections in advance.

Just a Fan: Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today? GSB is aces in my book. If he had given the prices with his winners, would that somehow been satisfactory with you?

If you think you can do better than GSB put up or shut up.

Just a Fan
05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm going to try to soften the message here.

Bob and I clearly have differing opinions on what types of horses we look to play. That's perfectly fine, and there's more than one way to succeed at the races, so there's no need to debate that aspect any further.

This is just my opinion, and if I'm the only one that feels this way, then I guess it probably makes me a _____ (fill in your favorite word, I'm sure some of you guys have a few in mind right now), but I just think that when you post for everyone to see that you had 8 winners, and you can't even let your guard down enough to post a smiley face or something, or make any mention that none of them paid more than 3.60, it comes across as disingenuous, and self promoting, and it will rub some people the wrong way. At least that's the impact it had on me. After I chided Bob the first time, if he had reacted with a "yeah, I guess it wasn't the night to get rich off my picks!", or some other self-affecting comment rather than getting all defensive about it, he would have looked a lot better in my eyes. A touch of modesty and humility can go a long way to add to your overall credibility. Just a piece of advice, and you can do whatever you want with it.

As for my harness picks - I know they are nothing special... I don't bet much harness racing anymore, but I still like to talk about the sport on a moderated, civilized forum with knowledgeable posters, which is why I'm here.

But in the future I will probably just leave the night selection threads alone, and just stick to overall harness racing discussion.

senortout
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
You could go online and see how you would've done had you bet his selections, by checking Northfield results. I do that myself with some of these selections. Sometimes I say(to myself)...these are the chalk and the chalk all came in last night, or words to the effect, or....wow, he got a price on several of these, nice job.(I might post this to him...no need to post the negative results, he is already well aware of them.