PDA

View Full Version : Ring Weekend Out Of The Derby

BlinkersOn
04-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Ring Weekend has apparently spiked a high fever, which is going to keep him out of the Derby. Another one bites the dust. I wasn't using this horse anyway, but I have to wonder if this means Baffert is going to get Bayern in. I certainly hope not...not only short rest, but he appeared exhausted in the lane last night, when he kept lugging into Bob's Embellishment. I'd hate to see Bayern run back again on such a short break, and would toss him for sure.

iceknight
04-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Ring Weekend has apparently spiked a high fever, which is going to keep him out of the Derby. Another one bites the dust. I wasn't using this horse anyway, but I have to wonder if this means Baffert is going to get Bayern in. I certainly hope not...not only short rest, but he appeared exhausted in the lane last night, when he kept lugging into Bob's Embellishment. I'd hate to see Bayern run back again on such a short break, and would toss him for sure. Bayern is also out according to KB facebook page

"Two defections on Sunday from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands field in Ring Weekend and Bayern, and those moves elevate Commanding Curve to the 20th spot in the Derby starting gate and places Pablo Del Monte on the bubble. (more) (http://www.kentuckyderby.com/sites/kentuckyderby.com/files/u64720/20140427%20Road%20to%20the%20Kentucky%20Derby%20Po int%20Standings.pdf) "

Robert Goren
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I expect one or two more defections.

BlinkersOn
04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Bayern is also out according to KB facebook page

"Two defections on Sunday from the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands field in Ring Weekend and Bayern, and those moves elevate Commanding Curve to the 20th spot in the Derby starting gate and places Pablo Del Monte on the bubble. (more) (http://www.kentuckyderby.com/sites/kentuckyderby.com/files/u64720/20140427%20Road%20to%20the%20Kentucky%20Derby%20Po int%20Standings.pdf) "

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.