PDA

View Full Version : Handicapper Friendly States

OverlayHunter
04-27-2014, 12:00 AM
There have been a number of discussions on this site related to state restrictions on ADW's and a few discussions related to state-level onerous tax issues. Those topics got me wondering where the "sweet spots" are.

Does anyone know which states have the most lenient rules related to ADW's (i.e., the ADW's are permitted to take wagers from the largest number of US based tracks) while also having the most attractive tax laws as they relate to income from gambling? (I suppose there is also a related issue of which of those states also have legislatures least likely to screw up the good laws that are currently in place.)

proximity
04-27-2014, 12:29 AM
it's plural?:rolleyes:

seriously, you're probably looking for state(s) that don't have tracks and horsemen's associations to deal with but allow pari-mutuel wagering. states with tracks and horsemen can't bully citizens of these states but still want their money!!

baconswitchfarm
04-27-2014, 12:49 AM
it's plural?:rolleyes:

seriously, you're probably looking for state(s) that don't have tracks and horsemen's associations to deal with but allow pari-mutuel wagering. states with tracks and horsemen can't bully citizens of these states but still want their money!!

I agree. You want a state that lets you write off all losses against winnings. You also need the horsemens groups to not confiscate all your handle which allows no room for rebates. There are only a handful of really bad ones. All the ones you would expect.