PDA

View Full Version : Who will be passing tired horses down the stretch?

Smarty Cide
04-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Wicked Strong will be and so will Danza

Skanoochies
04-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Yeah they will be passing the 10th and 9th placed horses! :)

TheGarMan
04-27-2014, 12:32 AM
Wicked Strong will be and so will Danza

Ummmm, :mad:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... dont tell anyone, that is exactly the way it goes in my dreams. :D

The only question, is how far do they get? 4th? 2nd? Dunno?

Rex Phinney
04-27-2014, 02:38 AM
Candy Boy

The only horse who will make it in on the prep race schedule with n 8 week break

Smarty Cide
04-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Ummmm, :mad:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... dont tell anyone, that is exactly the way it goes in my dreams. :D

The only question, is how far do they get? 4th? 2nd? Dunno?

ha mine too one gets 2nd the other gets 4th with wildcat red holding 3rd... obviously chromeo is 10 lengths ahead at this point

BlueChip@DRF
04-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Something doesn't seem right. It just seems "too easy" to put Chrome on top. On paper, it looks "too easy" for him to win this race. Just that eerie feeling that there is a red flag in there somewhere....

Smarty Cide
04-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Something doesn't seem right. It just seems "too easy" to put Chrome on top. On paper, it looks "too easy" for him to win this race. Just that eerie feeling that there is a red flag in there somewhere....

i understand what your saying... but im gonna live by the chrome, die by the chrome.

was too easy for me to put big brown on top

Tom
04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Who will be passing tired horses down the stretch?

The ambulance, two tractors, the post parade for the next race, and the first works of Sunday morning.

burnsy
04-27-2014, 10:02 AM

There is a red flag. The strength of the talent he raced against. The preps he won are proving to be weak. The Santa Anita derby was filled by maidens for crying out loud....just to get 8 in the gate (big red flag). He did beat Hoppertunity but after seeing Tapiture and Strong Mandate in the Ark derby.....how good is he? Danza done kicked those horses ass. Bayern looked awful at just a mile and Friendswith K Mill was nowhere last night (in the derby trial) coming from the Santa Anita derby. Midnight Hawk is a proven sprinter and will cut back.

Meanwhile, horses shipping out of Florida are running lights out in other preps and Wildcat Red is most likely the speed of the speeds. Red flags a plenty, the Wood may have been the strongest prep this year with the best horses and with the defection of Constitution from the FLA Derby. Wicked Strong, Samraat and Social Inclusion ran huge races in the Wood. I am convinced that the race was way stronger than the Cali preps. Intense Holiday was against a soft pace last out, picks up Johnny V and is looking like a beast by all accounts, same with Danza. I have a feeling California Chrome has not even met horses like this yet (red flag). The Cali form is not transferring favorably at all (red flag).....these horses are not Bodemiester (red flag)....that's for damn sure and I have a feeling that California Chrome is no Big Brown either and some of this competition looks pretty strong this year.

Smarty Cide
04-27-2014, 10:44 AM
There is a red flag. The strength of the talent he raced against. The preps he won are proving to be weak. The Santa Anita derby was filled by maidens for crying out loud....just to get 8 in the gate (big red flag). He did beat Hoppertunity but after seeing Tapiture and Strong Mandate in the Ark derby.....how good is he? Danza done kicked those horses ass. Bayern looked awful at just a mile and Friendswith K Mill was nowhere last night (in the derby trial) coming from the Santa Anita derby. Midnight Hawk is a proven sprinter and will cut back.

Meanwhile, horses shipping out of Florida are running lights out in other preps and Wildcat Red is most likely the speed of the speeds. Red flags a plenty, the Wood may have been the strongest prep this year with the best horses and with the defection of Constitution from the FLA Derby. Wicked Strong, Samraat and Social Inclusion ran huge races in the Wood. I am convinced that the race was way stronger than the Cali preps. Intense Holiday was against a soft pace last out, picks up Johnny V and is looking like a beast by all accounts, same with Danza. I have a feeling California Chrome has not even met horses like this yet (red flag). The Cali form is not transferring favorably at all (red flag).....these horses are not Bodemiester (red flag)....that's for damn sure and I have a feeling that California Chrome is no Big Brown either and some of this competition looks pretty strong this year.

word out of churchill this morning is wildcat red looked terrible over the track in his workout...

keep in mind california chrome hasnt really been pushed that hard and we havent had a chance to see them really open up this horse

OntheRail
04-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Ride On Curlin... with a classic Street Sense/Mine That Bird trip. :)

HuggingTheRail
04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Part B of the question...which horses will be tiring? :lol:

depalma113
04-27-2014, 03:19 PM

So you are using a horse that finished over 3 seconds behind California Chrome (Friendswith K Mill) as some kind of benchmark? I guess based on that reasoning, Spot should tell you just how awful the Florida Derby field was.

As for the Wood being the strongest prep, Wicked Strong whipped those horses while on the wrong lead for most of the stretch. Those horses were even with In Trouble in the Gotham and that one went on to get crushed in Louisiana. The Wood was full of horses that are second tier.

nijinski
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM

Calvin said he has been bitten with skin broken only twice in his career . Once by Street Sense and now Ride On Curlin .

The latter seems to be one crazy mean hprse who just might take a bite
of his competition on his way down the stretch .

menifee
04-28-2014, 01:56 AM

Bingo. This horse is always in the money. Gets Borel on the home track. Key horse. Building exotics around him. In the Arkansas Derby, they took him off the pace and I thought he ran one of his better races. They are going to take him way off the pace and make one run.

JackS
04-28-2014, 02:56 PM
California Chrome? Might win ,might not.
For me a couple of exacta boxes with him then more heavily on the might not.