PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling doesnt get it...

TheEdge07
04-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black ... (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO80gNnltTTmwASdtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzYTNiNXM 0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM1OF8x/RV=2/RE=1398541966/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tmz.com%2f2014%2f04%2f26%2fdon ald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson%2f/RK=0/RS=5HH4ldcfAEhIY0sGlqkkDYlHS3Q-)

Robert Goren
04-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Sterling has long been regarded by many as worst owner in professional sports.

MutuelClerk
04-26-2014, 09:55 AM
He truly is an idiot, but it sounds like they deserve each other. She tells him I don't broadcast anything, yet she's probably secretly taping him. His words are moronic and speak for its self. Seems like a match made in heaven.

Robert Fischer
04-26-2014, 12:53 PM
He truly is an idiot, but it sounds like they deserve each other. She tells him I don't broadcast anything, yet she's probably secretly taping him. His words are moronic and speak for its self. Seems like a match made in heaven.
I agree 100%.

I don't like the whole taped conversation thing however.

The guy comes across here as a low class character trapped in a high class life. However, phone conversations and the like should be between him, the person he is calling,
and the NSA:D.

There's probably some sick corner of his brain that gets a twisted thrill out of talking to his "minority" exotic girlfriend in that fashion, while she continues to take it.

Where are the lines drawn? Do rich guys now have to act like a socially acceptable human 100% of the time behind closed doors?

If she objects, it's fine to dump him. It just shouldn't be on TMZ the next morning.

highnote
04-26-2014, 01:39 PM
If he is smart, and I assume he has a least a little bit of smarts, it is probably a good idea for him to get out in front of this, appear contrite and offer a sincere apology.

cj
04-26-2014, 02:12 PM
This really isn't news. Sterling has been a total scumbag for a long time. It is amazing the NBA hasn't done something about him in the past.

ronsmac
04-26-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't know if he knows how stupid he sounds. You can sleep with"them" butddon't take any pictures with them or bring them to the games.if it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.

redshift1
04-27-2014, 01:06 AM
The guy is 81 and sounds like the cattle scofflaw and duck patriarch. Let's see if he can beat the racism allegations like the latter twins appear to have.

Dark Horse
04-27-2014, 01:48 AM
I haven't heard the tape. I don't know Sterling. I can see the responses by players. But my first question, before the racist question, is this: who taped this, and who released it? No matter what anybody says, if it's a private conversation (I assume this was the case here), then how does it get into the public domain? In other words, is this a legal outlet or is this the NSA eavesdropping on our conversations, and releasing something explosive for the sake of stirring up controversy? Again, I don't know the source of this tape yet, but I am very much opposed to the NSA police state practices. So that would be a greater concern than a racist issue that, in the past year, the mainstream media have been trying to stir up, while ignoring far more important matters. One guy says something, and it's all over the media. And it wasn't a public statement either. What is the motive there? And I would compare the 'importance' of this relative non-news to the absolute disaster at Fukushima, that is ignored by these same media. I've learned not to trust the mainstream media and their political propaganda. So... bigger picture: what kind of game is this?

JustRalph
04-27-2014, 03:26 AM
She lost a lawsuit to him, from what I read. She vowed to get back at him. Either way he's a dumbass

The NBA is waiting for him to die,,,,,,,,hell he's 81. He may be suffering dementia or whatever......who knows. Either way he should be sitting home watching Car 54 re-runs

Stillriledup
04-27-2014, 03:33 AM
Sterling has long been regarded by many as worst owner in professional sports.

He might not be the actual WORST owner, but he's probably the least liked owner as a person and the least respected.

MutuelClerk
04-28-2014, 05:03 PM
This issue has too many people with IMO phony positions. The Clippers protest yesterday was lame. CP3 chose to re-sign and take money over principle. He and his people have to know what kind of person Donald Sterling is. And if they didn't then CP3 needs a new agent. Michael Jordan never wanting to take a strong position and hurt his brand scolded Sterling without going overboard. I've never been a LeBron fan at least he had enough testicular fortitude to take a stronger stance. How does Donald Sterling win a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP? Elgin Baylor KNEW what kind of racist this guy was and stayed there for over 20 years. I understand players, GM's get paid good money. I'm fine with that. You just can't have it both ways. If all the teams remaining in the playoffs boycotted playing games until this issue was resolved. It would have been great to see the NBA under the pressure of TV contracts vs. principle.

MutuelClerk
04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Sorry, one more thing. I think the true tragedy in this is how Sterling views Magic Johnson. One of the greatest players if not the greatest player ever. And quite possibly even a greater businessman. And yet Sterling sees him as just another black guy he doesn't want around. Rich, poor, doesn't matter. Just black. Just so sad. I'm off my pulpit now.......

cj
04-28-2014, 05:32 PM
He might not be the actual WORST owner, but he's probably the least liked owner as a person and the least respected.

The only reason the Clippers are any good is because the NBA orchestrated Chris Paul to LAC, period. Sterling is an awful owner, and always has been.

Stillriledup
04-28-2014, 05:38 PM
The only reason the Clippers are any good is because the NBA orchestrated Chris Paul to LAC, period. Sterling is an awful owner, and always has been.

The Clippers were good with Blake and Deandre. By drafting Blake and Blake turning out be pretty good, Sterling was essentially "forced" to field a winning team, even though he didnt want a winning team and he didnt want a team where he had to pay max contracts, now they have 3 max contract players.

Take CP3 off the Clippers and they're still an above 500 team, so it just depends on your definition of "any good".

Stillriledup
04-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Sorry, one more thing. I think the true tragedy in this is how Sterling views Magic Johnson. One of the greatest players if not the greatest player ever. And quite possibly even a greater businessman. And yet Sterling sees him as just another black guy he doesn't want around. Rich, poor, doesn't matter. Just black. Just so sad. I'm off my pulpit now.......

I don't think Sterling cares if Magic shows up at the games, but maybe he doesn't want gang bangers at the games. He was totally baited in this tape, so we don't really know how he feels about all of this, it people want to paint him as a "kkk kind" of racist, but would a KKK member have a black girlfriend?

Mike at A+
04-28-2014, 06:22 PM
One thing no one seems to be considering is the possibility that Sterling may deny everything and say this "woman" fabricated the entire thing. She has a tape and she is claiming that Sterling is on it. If he denies that it's him is the NBA willing to risk a HUGE law suit on the authenticity of an audio tape?

Sterling hasn't said anything as far as I know. And as any good lawyer will tell his client, say nothing. But I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Is the NBA willing to take action without being 100% sure it's him? No crime has been committed so I don't see law enforcement getting involved. The NBA could hire "experts" to analyze the tape but as long as there is the slightest possibility that the tape isn't authentic I could see him using that as a defense and filing a huge law suit if the NBA takes any action based on the tape. Also the motive has to be considered as well. The "woman scorned" scenario. With his money he could ruin this woman. And if it turns out that she is here illegally that's another consideration. I'm not implying that in any way but it's something to consider.

Stillriledup
04-28-2014, 06:39 PM
One thing no one seems to be considering is the possibility that Sterling may deny everything and say this "woman" fabricated the entire thing. She has a tape and she is claiming that Sterling is on it. If he denies that it's him is the NBA willing to risk a HUGE law suit on the authenticity of an audio tape?

Sterling hasn't said anything as far as I know. And as any good lawyer will tell his client, say nothing. But I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Is the NBA willing to take action without being 100% sure it's him? No crime has been committed so I don't see law enforcement getting involved. The NBA could hire "experts" to analyze the tape but as long as there is the slightest possibility that the tape isn't authentic I could see him using that as a defense and filing a huge law suit if the NBA takes any action based on the tape. Also the motive has to be considered as well. The "woman scorned" scenario. With his money he could ruin this woman. And if it turns out that she is here illegally that's another consideration. I'm not implying that in any way but it's something to consider.

I'm listening to the Michael Kay show right now and they're reporting that the tape might not be admissible in court because it was taped in California.

Its funny how she was in this for the money from the start, with her, it was just "business" there was no love, she isnt going to love THAT GUY in any way other than stringing him along to cash in and get money. BUT, after he kicked her to the curb, she vowed revenge and took it personally when she was the one who was pushed aside....even though all she ever wanted was the cold hard cash.

horses4courses
04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Reports are surfacing that Sterling is likely to be suspended by the NBA tomorrow.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2014/04/28/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-will-suspend-los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-tomorrow/

ronsmac
04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm listening to the Michael Kay show right now and they're reporting that the tape might not be admissible in court because it was taped in California.

Its funny how she was in this for the money from the start, with her, it was just "business" there was no love, she isnt going to love THAT GUY in any way other than stringing him along to cash in and get money. BUT, after he kicked her to the curb, she vowed revenge and took it personally when she was the one who was pushed aside....even though all she ever wanted was the cold hard cash.
He's 81 she's 27. I don't think anyone believed it was about love.

JustRalph
04-28-2014, 11:18 PM
He's 81 she's 27. I don't think anyone believed it was about love.

Considering his public history of hiring hookers, etc, anybody could find out what kind of guy he is and I'm sure she knew

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/Donald-Sterling-deposition-excerpts-687243