PDA

View Full Version : Workouts at CD and the Derby

BeatTheChalk
04-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I forgot where I read this...but I will put it here for your
consideration...
The author said that most of the winners of the derby
have at least ONE 5 FURLONG race over the CD track...Cant
prove it by me...Perhaps someone can comment...

SilverSow
04-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi all...

From a historical perspective, I recall getting turned on to Ferdinand in 1986 after reading he breezed 5F in :59-2 at CD.. and then when I saw the odds... well... at 17-1 it was a VERY happy day, especially being able to turn the abuse around that I was getting when the horse was last around the first turn... methinks I'd become at least a little bit obnoxious by the time the horse hit the finish line... but all those folks deserved it!!! LOL

Dave

:)

JackS
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
I seem to recall that more KD winners have come from the Illinois Derby than any other. I'm not stating this as fact, just something somewhere in print.

Tom
04-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SilverSow
Hi all...

From a historical perspective, I recall getting turned on to Ferdinand in 1986 after reading he breezed 5F in :59-2 at CD.. and then when I saw the odds... well... at 17-1 it was a VERY happy day, especially being able to turn the abuse around that I was getting when the horse was last around the first turn... methinks I'd become at least a little bit obnoxious by the time the horse hit the finish line... but all those folks deserved it!!! LOL

Dave

:)

Ferdinand's derby is one of the biggest singe race hits of my life. I don' t remeber all the details, but I pounded down Schlitz after Schlitz and then pounded Ferdinand. It was one of those rare magic moments when good handicapping, large bankroll, and alcohol converged on a willing subject. I thought it was a three horse phot, but they told me they were all Ferdinand. Though I hit the triple! :p