PDA

View Full Version : Dance With Fate - Exotic Ticket Buster?

Smarty Cide
04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I got a feeling this is the horse that is gonna shove it so far up my...

Why are they working this horse on the turf to prep for the derby?

SecretAgentMan
04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
He's a pretty decent horse IMO......I also like Medal Count that ran 2nd to him & was closing well & looks like he wanted more distance.

I'm glad Keenland is going back to dirt no more guess work on how horses fare off poly.

Smarty Cide
04-25-2014, 02:50 PM
what does history suggest based on past bluegrass races on poly track?

SecretAgentMan
04-25-2014, 03:00 PM
what does history suggest based on past bluegrass races on poly track?

From 2007 to 2013 when poly was installed, only one 2nd, in 2007 from Turfway & it was Hard Spun & no winners.

I haven't checked for 3rd......but I do know that the Bluegrass winner hasn't won the derby in 23 years.

SecretAgentMan
04-25-2014, 03:28 PM
From 2007 to 2013 when poly was installed, only one 2nd, in 2007 from Turfway & it was Hard Spun & no winners.

I haven't checked for 3rd......but I do know that the Bluegrass winner hasn't won the derby in 23 years.

Just checked & there was three 3rd placed horses in the derby coming from the Bluegrass from 2007 to 2013

letswastemoney
04-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Street Sense won in 2007.

But, the winner of the synthetic Blue Grass doesn't win the Kentucky Derby, and it's an even worse sign if they haven't picked up any dirt wins before the Blue Grass.

ArlJim78
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
at first glance I thought total throw out as all races this year have been on poly or turf, and I'm sorry I have trouble seeing Two Step Salsa as sire of a derby winner.
but then I take a closer look at the two dirt races last year, his first dirt and route venture was a GR1 and he ran second to BondHolder. not a bad effort at all, then they threw him into the BC juvy, and it looks like he ran into a lot of trouble, so perhaps it can be overlooked.

So he comes back this year back on turf and poly and there is definitely the look of an improved horse at 9 furlong distance. was it the return to his preferred surfaces? maybe. or just maybe he is an improved horse now and will uncork his best effort yet on derby day, providing he can get a trip. The Bluegrass was awfully weak, but still he went from almost last to first and looked good.
So he's a bit of an X factor to me, I'm going to use him just in case because he's likely to be somewhat overlooked in the wagering.

SecretAgentMan
04-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Street Sense won in 2007.

But, the winner of the synthetic Blue Grass doesn't win the Kentucky Derby, and it's an even worse sign if they haven't picked up any dirt wins before the Blue Grass.

Yes, thanks for posting Street Sense, I don't know how I missed him

BlinkersOn
04-25-2014, 07:42 PM
The owner has posted that she didn't even think they would go to the derby, but they changed their mind. She really doesn't have a lot of faith in the move to the Churchill dirt. I think I have to toss him, just listening to what she has said, and I sure hope it isn't a mistake.