PDA

View Full Version : John O'Neill

Secretariat
04-15-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't know if any of you saw Frontline this night on PBS. It was the story of former FBI agent John O'Neill who died in the WTC disaster. It was a pretty revealing and an amazingly sad story.

You can actually view the whole video on this site.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
I am familiar with the story. Isn't he another lynchpin in the conspiracy theories related to 9/11? Along with:

the guy who recently purchased the towers right before the attack
the instant message supposedly sent to select people warning of an attack right before it happened
the happy dancing Israelis in Jersey who supposedly laughed and celebrated as they filmed the horror
the CIA and FBI stuff that was wiped out when the WTC towers along with building 7 came down
the speed and accuracy of the collapse
the fact that building 7 came down for no apparent reason
the passenger lists that make no mention of ANY of the hijackers
the lack of visible evidence of a plane at the Pentagon site
the incredible luck and accuracy of the suicide pilots who were able to hit all three targets on the first pass despite going close to top speed in jets they've supposedly only flown on simulators (the Pentagon hit was especially amazing at that angle)
the speed at which the government was able to identify who the hijackers were
the warnings given to a select few not to fly commercial in the weeks prior to 9/11 (not just Ashcroft)
the lack of response from our domestic air defenses

and on, and on, and on.....

Secretariat
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Uh..actually not. Did you bother to look at the site? Of course not or you wouldn't make such an asinine statement.

Matter of fact he was head of security at the WTC and lost his life in the attack? Was appointed to investigate the USS Cole by the FBI, and then was prohibited by Yemen US ambassador to re-enter Yemen as he got closer to Bin Laden, and had battles with Louis Freeh and Tom Pickard of the FBI over the emerging Al Quada threat. Also is mentioned by Clarke as the one person who knew about Bin Laden and the Al Quada threat before anyone.

Enlighten yourself, and take a look. If anyone knew about Bin Laden, this man did. He lived it.

Tom
04-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Actually, I posted about this on another thread befreo I saw this.
I was extremely interested in the story.
It was just the type of scenario I would expect from a governement-regardless of party.
What I did was filter out all of Clarke's comnets and then evaluate what was left over. It was interesting.

I think I called him Robert O'niel...I stand corrected.

See Sec...I admitt when I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Secretariat
04-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Bravo Tom...it is a very interesting story. It seems Freeh and Picakard and that Yemen Ambassador Boudoin hold a lot of the missing pieces.

JustRalph
04-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I am familiar with the story. Isn't he another lynchpin in the conspiracy theories related to 9/11? Along with: the warnings given to a select few not to fly commercial in the weeks prior to 9/11 (not just Ashcroft)

PA...... Ashcroft testified to this the other day. He actually was flying commercial in the time frame surrounding 9-11 and declared that he received no warnings..........his wife flew commercial also.
who else was warned..... I have heard Willie Browns name...but never heard whether he denies it or not........

But he is probably a no good stinking conservative liar.........

I am starting to get a real good feeling for our Liberal friends on the board here......... the crew is starting to reveal themselves......hmm......it is all a conspiracy by the Jews......right fella's?

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Uh..actually not. Did you bother to look at the site? Of course not or you wouldn't make such an asinine statement.

Matter of fact he was head of security at the WTC and lost his life in the attack? Was appointed to investigate the USS Cole by the FBI, and then was prohibited by Yemen US ambassador to re-enter Yemen as he got closer to Bin Laden, and had battles with Louis Freeh and Tom Pickard of the FBI over the emerging Al Quada threat. Also is mentioned by Clarke as the one person who knew about Bin Laden and the Al Quada threat before anyone.

Enlighten yourself, and take a look. If anyone knew about Bin Laden, this man did. He lived it.

I knew much about this man prior to you ever having watched this show. I knew about this man and his tragic story shortly after 9/11 happened right in my backyard, with my friends and family running from the falling skyscrapers. How much more enlightened can you get?

This doesn't change the fact that this man has been talked up on many of the conspiracy websites I have visited. In fact if you type JOHN O'NEILL into Google, the first site that comes up is this one:

http://www.rememberjohn.com/

One of the links on the site is entitled "Was He Murdered?"

Or how about the 5th link on the Google search of JOHN O'NEILL

http://www.hereinreality.com/johnoneill.html

Is my statement still asinine???

Now you tell me who needs to be enlightened?

Tom
04-17-2004, 09:50 AM
[B}Now you tell me who needs to be enlightened? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, apparently me! The Frontline show was very believable, yet other evidence would seem to contradict it. So the question that is raised in my mind is, can we trust ANY form of news/meida anymore? Has freedom of speech been replaced with freedom to lie?
What is the true story here?

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2004, 06:35 PM
I'd just like to clarify that *I* am not a believer in any of the aforementioned conspiracy theories....just pointing out that they exist.

I have read further about a few of these theories because they at least sound plausible at face value, but I am not currently an actual believer in any of them.

doophus
04-17-2004, 11:27 PM
BRAVO, P A

Tom: Frontline; PBS; enuff said.

Secretariat
04-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Pa,

Please show me one time that I mentioned a conspiracy theory. I simply mentioned the Frontline show was pretty damn interesting, and it spoke to nothing in it about any conspiracy.

Your comment indicated to me that you had not looked at the site or the show. Mr. O'Neill was a pretty interesting person who was trying desperately to serve his company. Men like Pickard and Freeh and Ambasador Boudoin severely cost our country a chance to stop 911 because of their own egos.

It was informational. Thanks Tom for being open to the post.

Tom
04-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Sec,
I, however, do not rule out conspiracy theories.
I belive Churchill knew about Pearl Harbor and let it happen to get us into the war. I believe Oswald did not act alone.

I am certain OJ did it and had help from his friends.
There really are aliens at Roswell. Some off their offspring are in the US Senate today.

The UN is a world wide conspriracy to allow weak and powless nations have a major say in how the world is run. Thier goal is to limit the influence of the US so that Aging Axis, France, Russia, and Germany can pretend that their collective countries are nore meaningful that a can of Campbell's Beans ( they are not).

And Al Qeada...there is a massive conspircacy here, involving many countries, heads of state, governments, banks, etc.
How else could a bunch of camel-humping morons create such an elaborate and world-wide organization. If law enforcement world wide were doing their jobs, El Qeada would be finished.
This is why I am pretty cool about Bush basically flipping the bird to Europe-they are part of the problem.

But I digress. Yes. I think the Oniell story was fascinating and I have to belive there is something to it. But you will not agree with me when I say it lends creedence to the fact that Clinton and his lax group are far more to blame for 9-11 than Bush.

Sec, this would make a heckof a TV movie, eh?

Secretariat
04-18-2004, 09:52 PM
A pretty sad movie...but a heckuva movie.

Well, I didn't see it as a Clinton or a Bush type blame thing, but the egos of Freeh, Pickard, and Boudoin.

I'll just let it go at that.

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Pa,

Please show me one time that I mentioned a conspiracy theory. I simply mentioned the Frontline show was pretty damn interesting, and it spoke to nothing in it about any conspiracy.

You're probably right. I am guilty of thread topic drift here....happens to the best of us....