PDA

View Full Version : Computer HD Question

Buddha
04-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I got a 60 GB hard drive from my cousin that he got back from Western Digital when his went. It has a refurbished stamp on it. Now here is my question. I went to use it as my main HD, and had to format it since it was unformatted. I was going to install WinXP, and after it formated and copied the setup files, the computer restarts. I know that much is normal, but when it would restart, it either wouldnt detect the hard drive, or it wasnt creating a bootfile on the hard drive as it would always try to boot from the CD. Now I am back to my old hard drive. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Anyone have anything like that happen before? Is it a bad HD???

Buddha
04-16-2004, 03:02 AM
I got my other drive to install the OS, and just going to use the 60 GB as the secondary. My other HD just went in my PC tonight, and just got up and running.

BillW
04-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Buddha,

Maybe you didn't have the master/slave jumpers set properly? ... I assume that's still an issue, I haven't used an IDE drive for quite awhile.

Bill

Buddha
04-16-2004, 04:32 AM
I changed the jumper settins numerous imes to no avail. i got it as a slave now, so it is ok. i had just wanted to make it the master, but no can do :)