PDA

View Full Version : They are loving Obama

JustRalph
04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I was challenged a few weeks ago when I stated Obama was not respected overseas. I would like to point out that protests are now erupting before he even arrives. So glad he has smoothed things over, you know maybe another apology tour is in order?

The Obama protestors are facing fire hoses now

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/obama-not-welcome-filipinos-protest-presidential-visit-n87516

JustRalph
04-23-2014, 07:36 PM
The last line is the best. From NBC news no less

Clocker
04-23-2014, 08:22 PM
The last line is the best. From NBC news no less

"Pivot" is White House code for changing the subject or deflecting from a failure or embarrassment to a safer topic.

Having had no success whatsoever in Europe in regard to Ukraine, Obama has essentially declared Mission Accomplished by sending some US troops into Poland for "exercises", and is pivoting to Asia.

Lest anyone worry about us getting bogged down in Europe, Obama is sending in 150 troops immediately, with eventual escalation to 600. Putin will have nightmares for weeks.

Tom
04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Our 600 will line across the border from Putin's 40,000.
That will show him!

NJ Stinks
04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Does anybody here think there would be a protest in the U.S. if Americans thought our leaders were about to sign a "security pact that would increase the Filipinos military presence in the USA"?

Otherwise, great get, Ralph. :rolleyes:

Clocker
04-24-2014, 12:24 PM
I was challenged a few weeks ago when I stated Obama was not respected overseas. I would like to point out that protests are now erupting before he even arrives. So glad he has smoothed things over, you know maybe another apology tour is in order?

His foreign policy is not well received here either, even among liberals. An article in the New Republic, a major leftist magazine, titled The Inconvenience of History (http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117491/obama-and-inconvenience-history-abandoning-ukraine), says "Obama abandons another country to its fate".

As the excellent Peter Baker reported in The New York Times, “Mr. Obama seems intent on not letting Russia dominate his presidency.” This is not the first time the president has attempted to resist such intrusions upon his idea of how the world ought to be. He has been trying to escape the Middle East for years and “pivot” to Asia, as if the United States can ever not be almost everywhere, leading and influencing, supporting or opposing, in one fashion or another. On the eve of the president’s trip to Asia, Susan Rice remarked that “increasingly [we] see our top priorities as tied to Asia, whether it’s accessing new markets or promoting exports or protecting our security interests and promoting our core values.” What is this strange choice, this retiring either / or calculation? Only small powers think this way. Can the United States ever have “top priorities” only in one place, even if it is a place as big as Asia? Are our “security interests” not also broached by the failure of the Syrian state, or our “core values” not also invoked by its slaughter without end?

The tiresome futurism of Obama, his dogmatic views about what this ritualistically ballyhooed century will be like and what it will not be like, are only a part of what lowers his vision. The bigger problem is that the president feels inconvenienced by history. It refuses to follow his program for it. It regularly exasperates him and regularly disappoints him. It flows when he wants it to ebb and it ebbs when he wants it flow. Like Mr. Incredible, the president is flummoxed that the world won’t stay saved, or agree to be saved at all. After all, he came to save it. And so the world has only itself to blame if Obama is sick of it and going home.

Obama has concluded, according to Baker, that he “will never have a constructive relationship with Mr. Putin,” and so he has decided that he “will spend his final two and a half years in office trying to minimize the disruption Mr. Putin can cause, preserve whatever marginal cooperation can be saved and otherwise ignore the master of the Kremlin.”

Clocker
04-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Obama pivots to Asia, and bows to superior intelligence.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/chefmasterkaga/bowwow_zps0f888340.jpg

JustRalph
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
From one asshole to another Asimo

GaryG
04-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Let's just imagine what might have happened if this pisswilly had been in office in October 1962. Kennedy's advisors advised an immediate strike against the Russian troops in Cuba, but JFK preferred to wait. Bear in mind that we knew that the Russians had battlefield nukes ready for use. Kennedy stared Khrushchev down and offered him a bone by agreeing to remove our missiles from Turkey. That was the only time that we were on a DEFCON-2 alert. Then it was over and our only casualty was one pilot and a recon plane that was shot down without orders. JFK handled that perfectly. There could have been very dire results (to say the least). Maybe Barry would bow to Khrushchev.

PhantomOnTour
04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
When Bush or Bush or Reagan was burned in effigy in many a Muslim country did you think less of those Presidents?
Was that a worry to you?
A concern, maybe?

Tom
04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Made me proud of them.
I see the point you are making, but my take is I was pleased as punch they hated my guys - that was my litmus for how good they were doing. Most of the world is pathetic at best, so when they hate us, I get a tingling in my leg! :lol:

JustRalph
04-24-2014, 06:43 PM
When Bush or Bush or Reagan was burned in effigy in many a Muslim country did you think less of those Presidents?
Was that a worry to you?
A concern, maybe?

I am responding to those who said Obama was still respected overseas. Every US Prez is going to get this treatment in "some" places. Usually it's due to some action as NJ pointed out. But the blanket Obama is great crowd needs to realize that his foreign policy is a failure everywhere. Nobody respects him. He has no discernible foreign policy. Writers from all sides of the aisle have stated this.

Eventually you have to call him on it, even if you are one of those moon faced Grant Park fools who really really thought he was going to save the world. A man of very little accomplishment, was anointed foolishly and five years later there are people still willing to defend the fraud. That should be embarrassing, yet we have people who still race to defend the man.

The man who was to unite the country has divided it beyond the memory of most. The man who instructed his minions to bring a gun to a knife fight, accused his political opponent of committing murder, and lying and bribing his way through the legislative process is a transparent failure.........in using that phrase irony was indeed the goal