PDA

View Full Version : A special Easter guest

PhantomOnTour
04-20-2014, 10:29 PM
So we are just humming along with a brisk Easter brunch service at the lil ole Café here in Cajunland, and who should stroll in (with a well known local Pastor)...none other than Tim Tebow.

As nice as you would imagine him to be. Took time to chat with people and take pictures with anyone who asked. Made sure not to turn our brunch into the Tebow show also...insisted on sitting outside in a quiet location.
A real humble and down to earth genuine guy.
We had some folks dining who are from the Phillipines (where Tebow has done a lot of work) and he spoke with them in their native language.
Pretty cool :ThmbUp:

Just one thing Tim, make reservations next time, would ya!?
This Steelers fan had a hard enough time reliving your greatest NFL moment, all day long, at least you could have warned me that this bad memory was coming.
;)

Grits
04-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Phantom, what a fine day at "your place"!! I like this man a lot. I think he is such a carrying individual. If he never throws a football another day in his life he has done more than so many. And especially for children, those who need his help the most. Glad you all met and had a joyous day. .... Gentleness and low profile are always good things to see among the widely known. :)

Grits
04-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Make him... a caring individual.

Way to go, Grits. I'm sorry. :faint:

cj's dad
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
This Steelers fan had a hard enough time reliving your greatest NFL moment, all day long, at least you could have warned me that this bad memory was coming.
;)

I'm at a loss POT- What exactly was that day ? I'm confused !;)

PhantomOnTour
04-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm at a loss POT- What exactly was that day ? I'm confused !;)
That day was precisely seven days before Lee Evans dropped the winning TD and Billy Cundiff shanked the tying FG vs the Pats :cool:

Rise Over Run
04-21-2014, 10:44 PM
That day was precisely seven days before Lee Evans dropped the winning TD and Billy Cundiff shanked the tying FG vs the Pats :cool:

Well, not exactly. But being wrong the majority of the time is a requirement of Stiller Fans, so I understand the confusion.

Here's the Timmy Tebow TD pass if you forgot what it looked like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

PhantomOnTour
04-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Well, not exactly. But being wrong the majority of the time is a requirement of Stiller Fans, so I understand the confusion.

Here's the Timmy Tebow TD pass if you forgot what it looked like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q
Oh how cute - another dedicated hater.

You actually took the time to find that video and post it :lol:

ldiatone
04-22-2014, 05:05 PM
So we are just humming along with a brisk Easter brunch service at the lil ole Café here in Cajunland, and who should stroll in (with a well known local Pastor)...none other than Tim Tebow.

As nice as you would imagine him to be. Took time to chat with people and take pictures with anyone who asked. Made sure not to turn our brunch into the Tebow show also...insisted on sitting outside in a quiet location.
A real humble and down to earth genuine guy.
We had some folks dining who are from the Phillipines (where Tebow has done a lot of work) and he spoke with them in their native language.
Pretty cool :ThmbUp:

Just one thing Tim, make reservations next time, would ya!?
;)
cool!