PDA

View Full Version : Ignore this thread. These people aren't real

JustRalph
04-20-2014, 06:25 PM
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/consumerwatch-some-covered-california-patients-say-they-cant-see-a-doctor/

Mirella Nguyen works at the clinic said staffers dutifully helped uninsured clients sign up for Obamacare so they would no longer need the free clinic.

But months later, the clinic’s former patients are coming back to the clinic begging for help. “They’re coming back to us now and saying I can’t find a doctor, “said Nguyen.

Thinn Ong was thrilled to qualify for a subsidy on the health care exchange. She is paying $200 a month in premiums. But the single mother of two is asking, what for?

“Yeah, I sign it. I got it. But where’s my doctor? Who’s my doctor? I don’t know,” said a frustrated Ong.

Nguyen said the newly insured patients checked the physicians’ lists they were provided and were told they weren’t accepting new patients or they did not participate in the plan.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/consumerwatch-some-covered-california-patients-say-they-cant-see-a-doctor/

Clocker
04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
What is wrong with those people? Don't they realize that the cost of the program is $106B less than originally projected? Don't they know that 8 million people have signed up?

That woman now has a quality health plan for only $200. What more does she want? Bunch of self-centered whiners that don't understand the concept of the greatest good for the greatest number.

davew
04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
And they haven't tried filing a claim yet - What you mean, $5000 deductible?

Tom
04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
7 million - X = FAILURE

newtothegame
04-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Be careful using that 7 million number...lol
There is a reason that the WH can NOT say how many have paid premiums and are actually insured.....
Of course with the new accounting measures, I am sure all will be just groovy baby!!! :lol:

Clocker
04-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Of course with the new accounting measures, I am sure all will be just groovy baby!!!

If not, they will just change the accounting again. :rolleyes:

HUSKER55
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
its working......ask any liberal

Clocker
04-20-2014, 07:34 PM
its working......ask any liberal

Yeah, so are ethanol subsidies. If you are a corn grower.

Tom
04-20-2014, 09:21 PM
The Global Warming idiots are accounting for the health care.
Never, ever. let a lib do math....it is way beyond their pay grades. :lol:

rastajenk
04-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Bunch of self-centered whiners that don't understand the concept of the greatest good for the greatest number.Yeah...it's Nguyen Nguyen for everyone. :p

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2014, 07:56 AM
The tea-party has taken over the mainstream media. Isn't it obvious? Why else would there be these stories on places like cbslocal. They should rename it cbsteaparty.com

This is just one, very minor, local, technical glitch, that will be sorted out quickly and efficiently, once dear-leader is informed. He watches out for all of us and fixes all little glitches as soon as He learns of them.

lamboguy
04-21-2014, 08:25 AM
personally i don't trust the data either way on any issue. KIA motors reported better gas mileage on their cars which eventually the company admitted were false. the same thing happens all over. as horse players we all know that you can't even trust the clocks at racetracks all over, why should this issue be any different?

Robert Goren
04-21-2014, 08:41 AM
I pretty sure that everybody who has any problem with the ACA will end up in a thread here sooner or later.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM
I pretty sure that everybody who has any problem with the ACA will end up in a thread here sooner or later.Why do you think these people are making the news? Forget about Ralph for a moment.

Why are reporters writing their stories? Because they aren't relevant? Because they aren't true?

Why do you and others choose to ignore or downplay such news, yet treated reports of "Bushisms" as gospel, writing post after post about how dumb Bush was complete with proof...as if that was important... :lol: :lol:

Where is your compassion for these people who are now in perilous situations thanks to the ACA? You and hcap are supposed to be the compassionate ones... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're just cold-hearted, profit-hungry republicans who hate the poor... :eek:

Robert Goren
04-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Why do you think these people are making the news? Forget about Ralph for a moment.

Why are reporters writing their stories? Because they aren't relevant? Because they aren't true?

Why do you and others choose to ignore or downplay such news, yet treated reports of "Bushisms" as gospel, writing post after post about how dumb Bush was complete with proof...as if that was important... :lol: :lol:

Where is your compassion for these people who are now in perilous situations thanks to the ACA? You and hcap are supposed to be the compassionate ones... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're just cold-hearted, profit-hungry republicans who hate the poor... :eek:They are news stories because they are fairly rare. That said I yet to read one of these stories where it was stated the person was being taken care of before the ACA took effect. The stories leave that part out of what was happening with person before the ACA. I wonder why. I have great deal of compassion for the people who got in to that no man's land because I was there. But at least they have people trying to find a way for them. Before the ACA there were a lot more people (including me) in that no man's land and in most cases there was nobody there to help. There were few news stories about people like me before the ACA because we were not news. There were too many of us to be considered news. Media outlets were not interested because our stories weren't rare enough. There are no stories about people who had problems with system and now don't because of the ACA because the stories are too common to be considered news.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2014, 09:21 AM
They are news stories because they are fairly rare. This makes no sense.

What WOULD be news would be stories of all the people NOW enjoying new-found quality healthcare with ease, where before they HAD NONE.

Why would a few people struggling with a quirk here or there in the system be news? UNLESS there are MORE of these types of people then was to be EXPECTED, and the SYSTEM is FLAWED (whether temporarily or permanently is yet to be seen)...THEN THAT IS NEWS, because that is NOT the expected outcome.

That said I yet to read one of these stories where it was stated the person was being taken care of before the ACA took effect. The stories leave that part out of what was happening with person before the ACA. I wonder why. This particular story in this particular thread (if you read it), clearly states they are writing about NEWLY INSURED people who prior to ACA were NOT insured under ANY prior plan. So I'm not sure why you even bring this up here.

Robert Goren
04-21-2014, 09:51 AM
This makes no sense.

What WOULD be news would be stories of all the people NOW enjoying new-found quality healthcare with ease, where before they HAD NONE.

Why would a few people struggling with a quirk here or there in the system be news? UNLESS there are MORE of these types of people then was to be EXPECTED, and the SYSTEM is FLAWED (whether temporarily or permanently is yet to be seen)...THEN THAT IS NEWS, because that is NOT the expected outcome.

This particular story in this particular thread (if you read it), clearly states they are writing about NEWLY INSURED people who prior to ACA were NOT insured under ANY prior plan. So I'm not sure why you even bring this up here. Then they are no worse off than before, are they? No system is prefect. Nobody ever said the ACA would be. The question is, are more people better off under the ACA than they were before? These stories are trying imply that people are worse off or Ralph etc would not be posting them. Yet when you look closely at them, you see something different. What you are seeing is that these people are among the few that ACA didn't help. Not people who are worse off under the ACA.
Where were the news stories about flawed the system was before ACA? Fox News was not on my door step. No internet "news site" came knocking. It was not a news story when somebody "fell through the cracks " back then. It wasn't because there were so many of us.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Then they are no worse off than before, are they? No system is prefect. Nobody ever said the ACA would be. The question is, are more people better off under the ACA than they were before? These stories are trying imply that people are worse off or Ralph etc would not be posting them. Yet when you look closely at them, you see something different. What you are seeing is that these people are among the few that ACA didn't help. Not people who are worse off under the ACA.
Where were the news stories about flawed the system was before ACA? Fox News was not on my door step. No internet "news site" came knocking. It was not a news story when somebody "fell through the cracks " back then. It wasn't because there were so many of us.They are most certainly more worse off if they are paying into something they are getting nothing out of...

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Where were the news stories about flawed the system was before ACA? Fox News was not on my door step. No internet "news site" came knocking. It was not a news story when somebody "fell through the cracks " back then. It wasn't because there were so many of us.Yeah, I know...I NEVER used to read about insurance horror stories in the news before the ACA....NEVER!!

You would have thought the entire system worked to perfection. NOBODY (not the news, and CERTAINLY NOT THE POLITICIANS, especially Democrats), and I mean NOBODY, ever talked ill about our insurance system prior to ACA...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man you crack me up sometimes....

Robert Goren
04-21-2014, 10:22 AM
They are most certainly more worse off if they are paying into something they are getting nothing out of... You mean like I was when my employer withheld the premium out of my pay check twice a month. The anti-ACA people want to make it about how a few people are still falling through the cracks and want ignore all the people who now aren't. I am still waiting for the story about how a person was getting treatment before the ACA and isn't before. I sure there is some one somewhere in that boat. The question is why haven't they found them?

Marshall Bennett
04-21-2014, 12:08 PM
This is only the tip of the iceberg, the nightmare will get much worse. Few who have signed up have had the opportunity this person did to find out how severely they've been screwed.
Also, millions that signed up most likely haven't paid anything thus-far, so technically they haven't boarded the sinking ship. I'm sure many are having 2nd thoughts as more stories surface, and ultimately would see themselves better off risking the $90 fine. Of course, who says they'll pay that either if even they're able to.
The entire program's a huge joke that's bound to eventually fail completely, as it probably should.

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2014, 01:34 PM
You mean like I was when my employer withheld the premium out of my pay check twice a month.

I love it. The guy who has as his biggest complaint the fact that he got ****ed by the insurance companies downplaying people that got ****ed by the insurance companies (thanks to the ACA).

Clocker
04-21-2014, 01:59 PM
But months later, the clinic’s former patients are coming back to the clinic begging for help. “They’re coming back to us now and saying I can’t find a doctor, “said Nguyen.

If you can find a doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.

JustRalph
04-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Goren, you are out of your friggin mind.

The standing majority leader of the most powerful governmental body in the country went to the floor of the Senate and declared these people don't exist. That all of these stories are fabricated

He declared that opposition to the ACA was built on lies. Yet, almost daily new verified stories come out. The man is propped up by a lie of his own. One that originates in the heart of his party, in the soul of a lying President and is perpetuated by a following of sycophantic followers who care not one iota for those with medical problems or the uninsured. They are five years into the lie and can't stop now. It's disgusting

Clocker
04-21-2014, 03:10 PM
The man is propped up by a lie of his own. One that originates in the heart of his party, in the soul of a lying President and is perpetuated by a following of sycophantic followers who care not one iota for those with medical problems or the uninsured. They are five years into the lie and can't stop now. It's disgusting

It is dawning on some that the emperor has no clothes (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/fox-news-poll-many-voters-say-obama-lies-to-country-on-important-matters/).

About six in ten American voters think Barack Obama lies to the country on important matters some or most of the time, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

Thirty-seven percent think Obama lies “most of the time,” while another 24 percent say he lies “some of the time.” Twenty percent of voters say “only now and then” and 15 percent “never.”

tucker6
04-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Thirty-seven percent think Obama lies “most of the time,” while another 24 percent say he lies “some of the time.” Twenty percent of voters say “only now and then” and 15 percent “never.”
How did Mostie get to vote 15% of the time???? Sounds like a Chicago election...

Clocker
04-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Then they are no worse off than before, are they? No system is prefect. Nobody ever said the ACA would be. The question is, are more people better off under the ACA than they were before?

Nobody ever said the ACA would be perfect, but they said that it would be a big improvement. But in a recent poll, 14% of people said that they were helped by the ACA, while 33% said that they were hurt. The rest said that they had not been affected by it yet. There is one answer to your question about whether more people are better off. I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2014, 03:19 PM
How did Mostie get to vote 15% of the time???? Sounds like a Chicago election...

Yeah when I read that response got 15%... wow... I can't even fathom how more than a sliver of one-percent of honest respondents could possibly think that any man, much less this guy that does it professionally and particularly well except for his tell with that twitchy eye tic thing he has, could "never" lie to the country.

Tom
04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
The anti-ACA people want to make it about how a few people are still falling through the cracks and want ignore all the people who now aren't.

48 million are still falling through the cracks.
mostie said so.

Tom
04-21-2014, 04:11 PM
I love it. The guy who has as his biggest complaint the fact that he got ****ed by the insurance companies downplaying people that got ****ed by the insurance companies (thanks to the ACA).

New poster boy for the Insurance companies....ironic? :lol:

HUSKER55
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
it was passed without being read......and YOUR policy is worthless,...even if it pays.

cj's dad
04-21-2014, 07:01 PM
This was probably missed by most. The gubermint cares so much about how I am covered by health care that this is what happened to me:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111887

Clocker
04-21-2014, 07:04 PM
There is a reason that the WH can NOT say how many have paid premiums and are actually insured.....

Perhaps the White House should talk to some folks down in Georgia (http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2014/04/georgia-exchange-applications-hit-220000/), who have figured out how to do the impossible and actually count the data. There are some cynics that say that the White House has the actual numbers but is too embarrassed to release them. If their results are anything like Georgia's, it is understandable.

Georgia insurers received more than 220,000 applications for health coverage in the Affordable Care Act’s exchange as of the official federal deadline of March 31, state officials said Wednesday.

Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens, though, said premiums have been received for only 107,581 of those policies, which cover 149,465 people.

mostpost
04-21-2014, 07:36 PM

Mirella Nguyen works at the clinic said staffers dutifully helped uninsured clients sign up for Obamacare so they would no longer need the free clinic.

Thinn Ong was thrilled to qualify for a subsidy on the health care exchange. She is paying $200 a month in premiums. But the single mother of two is asking, what for?

“Yeah, I sign it. I got it. But where’s my doctor? Who’s my doctor? I don’t know,” said a frustrated Ong.

Nguyen said the newly insured patients checked the physicians’ lists they were provided and were told they weren’t accepting new patients or they did not participate in the plan.

Maybe they should move to Washington where they had to close a clinic because all their patients moved to Obamacare.
http://www.theolympian.com/2014/04/20/3094600/obamacare-steps-up-for-patients.html?sp=%2F99%2F109%2F

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Maybe they should move to Washington where they had to close a clinic because all their patients moved to Obamacare.
http://www.theolympian.com/2014/04/20/3094600/obamacare-steps-up-for-patients.html?sp=%2F99%2F109%2F

I started to read and then noticed it was filed under "opinion".

:lol:

That's kind of funny. Okay, now I will try to read it.

mostpost
04-21-2014, 07:47 PM
The tea-party has taken over the mainstream media. Isn't it obvious? Why else would there be these stories on places like cbslocal. They should rename it cbsteaparty.com

This is just one, very minor, local, technical glitch, that will be sorted out quickly and efficiently, once dear-leader is informed. He watches out for all of us and fixes all little glitches as soon as He learns of them.
Because bad news is always a story and good news never is.

Why does the story contain zero information on how many could not find doctors? There is only one example given. How many of those former patients have found doctors and no longer need the clinic. From the evidence in Olympia, Washington, I would say quite a few.

JustRalph
04-21-2014, 07:55 PM

And what the **** does that have to do with these poor people who can't find a doctor?

You can pivot all you want, your program is shit!

Btw, numbers adding up to 2 million of your 8 million Obamacare sign-ups are new. So you screwed over the entire country for less than 1% of the population?

Btw, some states are reporting less than 48% of Obamacare sign ups are paid for. Can't wait for the cancellation rate to come out, right around the election!

Tick Tock........as the Rolling Stones said.......Time is on my side.........

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2014, 08:03 PM
The bad news is, with the clinics closing regardless of the slant in each example, now most of those that can't get a doctor that they need will go straight to ER. Just like the study concluded and thus why these proclamations of what people will do and how it would be an improvement upon a major criticism of the "status quo" is a steamy pile. Nerds predicting human behavior when they can't relate to about 85% of the population in any way whatsoever, especially when making nothing but assumptions that as a condition must be valid, and we listen to that crap as thought it is the gospel for years and years.

I'll be interested to read how these scenarios really do turn out over the next few years if anyone covers it.

mostpost
04-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Of course with the new accounting measures, I am sure all will be just groovy baby!!! :lol:
The numbers on how many have paid come from the insurance companies not the White House. The White House only passes the numbers along. The also have nothing to do with the Census Bureau's new procedures.

While we don't have numbers on paid and unpaid from everywhere, what we do have shows better than 85% have paid already.
http://acasignups.net/sites/default/files/paid_unpaid_140328.jpg

You keep missing the point that everybody does not have to pay yet.

"People who enrolled between 2/16 and 3/15 don't even start coverage until April 1st, while anyone who enrolls between 3/16 - 3/31 won't start coverage until May 1st. In many cases, their first month's premium won't even be due until up to 6 weeks or more after they enroll."

That quote was from a blog written on March 21st. so those whose coverage started on April 1 should have paid. Those whose coverage starts on May 1 are not delinquent yet and won't be. Come to think of it, you miss a lot of points.

davew
04-21-2014, 08:22 PM

I am not sure if I would call a volunteer service ran in the Union Gospel Mission a clinic.

mostpost
04-21-2014, 08:25 PM
This is only the tip of the iceberg, the nightmare will get much worse. Few who have signed up have had the opportunity this person did to find out how severely they've been screwed.
Also, millions that signed up most likely haven't paid anything thus-far, so technically they haven't boarded the sinking ship. I'm sure many are having 2nd thoughts as more stories surface, and ultimately would see themselves better off risking the $90 fine. Of course, who says they'll pay that either if even they're able to.
The entire program's a huge joke that's bound to eventually fail completely, as it probably should.
You are just like the guys over in the California Chrome thread who are absolutely certain he will fail to do something he has not even attempted yet. Not only that but you are woefully uninformed. The overwhelming majority (85%+ ) of those who signed up have paid. Most of those who did not pay are not due yet. For every story of someone having problems with the ACA I can and have posted stories of successes. And mine have withstood scrutiny. I can't say the same for yours.

tucker6
04-21-2014, 08:48 PM
The numbers on how many have paid come from the insurance companies not the White House. The White House only passes the numbers along. The also have nothing to do with the Census Bureau's new procedures.

While we don't have numbers on paid and unpaid from everywhere, what we do have shows better than 85% have paid already.
http://acasignups.net/sites/default/files/paid_unpaid_140328.jpg

You keep missing the point that everybody does not have to pay yet.

"People who enrolled between 2/16 and 3/15 don't even start coverage until April 1st, while anyone who enrolls between 3/16 - 3/31 won't start coverage until May 1st. In many cases, their first month's premium won't even be due until up to 6 weeks or more after they enroll."

That quote was from a blog written on March 21st. so those whose coverage started on April 1 should have paid. Those whose coverage starts on May 1 are not delinquent yet and won't be. Come to think of it, you miss a lot of points.
Interesting that except for Georgia, every one of those states is blue to the point of purple.

tucker6
04-21-2014, 08:49 PM

So Obama has no influence over the Census Bureau, whose head honcho serves at the pleasure of one Mr Obama. Do you even think before typing?

mostpost
04-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Ignore this thread.
That's a great idea.

Clocker
04-21-2014, 09:13 PM
For every story of someone having problems with the ACA I can and have posted stories of successes.

Proving what? Millions of people lost their policies that they wanted to keep. Millions of people are facing very large, perhaps even life changing, increases in insurance premiums. Millions of people are having trouble finding or keeping a doctor. None of your little numbers or little stories justify screwing those people. Nothing justifies hurting those people and disrupting their lives.

Even granting your numbers, an absurdity, if 8 million people signed up and 85% paid, that's 6.8 million. You tout that number like it is a major victory. It is not. It is an indication of failure.

The more people that sign up on the exchanges, the more people that are getting screwed. How many of those people are worse off than they were before? Probably the majority. How can anyone consider denying people freedom of choice and forcing to do something they hate a good thing?

And you are gleeful about all this without even considering who is getting hurt. It ain't the millionaires and billionaires. This program is screwing over the working guy, the lower middle class people that are just getting by.

And in a further example of hypocrisy and unintended consequences, ObamaCare is increasing income inequality, the defining issue of our time according to Fearless Leader.